Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

And we got.... Batcave

Look now... If they're going for a Batcave big enough to include actual pieces of cave, I want to see a dinosaur and a giant penny. Pleeeaaasse let it happen🤞

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

And we got.... Batcave

I love that it's a Batcave. the $100 ones that have come out never do the location justice imo. This time they have the piece count and price point to make something really detailed and special.

I hope it is based on Batman Returns, that Batcave is goated 

Awesome news! It’d be great if we got a full Batman family to go with it. Especially the ones we haven’t seen yet like Signal, Spoiler, Black Bat, and Azrael.

For years I've held the belief that the 2006 Batcave would never be topped in terms of the scale and detail. Looks like that 17 year streak ends this year in June when this comes out. AND it's a fully enclosed Batcave, this is the sort of stuff that I thought would only be possible in MOC form. Now I wonder if it'll be comic based or movie based, that's the one thing missing from this reveal.

2 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

For years I've held the belief that the 2006 Batcave would never be topped in terms of the scale and detail. Looks like that 17 year streak ends this year in June when this comes out. AND it's a fully enclosed Batcave, this is the sort of stuff that I thought would only be possible in MOC form. Now I wonder if it'll be comic based or movie based, that's the one thing missing from this reveal.

I really hope it’s comic based just for the figures. There’s so much more that can be done comic-wise, considering we’ve only had Robin and Batgirl in film (and we don’t talk about them for good reason).

I wonder if this could be the DC equivalent to Marvel’s Daily Bugle from a few years ago. A celebration of the biggest hero from that franchise with a giant, intricate playset. The giant penny and dinosaur are things they have to include and as for minifigures, given the price, I’d expect a majority of the main Batfamily to be included. Batman (plus Bruce Wayne) and Alfred obviously, but it’d be great to get at least a few of the others too: Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, Barbara, Steph and Cass. I wouldn’t be surprised at some additional Batsuits or even some villains to be included here.

Edited by The Stud

The rumors say its 'enclosed by walls' so at the very least I am expecting a back wall and possibly side ones.

I really hope there is a but of Wayne manor in this set as well. Also really hoping for it to be more generic and based on the comics so it can include tons of figures.

4 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I really hope it’s comic based just for the figures. There’s so much more that can be done comic-wise, considering we’ve only had Robin and Batgirl in film (and we don’t talk about them for good reason).

Now that I think about it, I'm hoping for it to be comic based as well mainly because it would be the best chance of FINALLY getting a comic Alfred minifigure for the first time since 2006 that isn't based on the 1966 show/movies (I count The Lego Batman Movie Alfred in that group). Plus getting actual giant versions of the penny, dinosaur, and Joker card instead of being mini easter eggs like how they were in the 2019 Batcave.

Had a thought on minifigures. Since this is a Batcave it may make it hard to have villains. Obviously I am expecting some cool easter eggs in terms of a trophy room but villain figures will likely be scarce. If they make a bat-prison (which is super common in the $100 playlets so you can include villains) I think it would look odd, as most Batches don't really have a prison section. Granted, they will almost 100% include Joker, Harley, or another iconic villain but I really hope they do it in a good way. (IE we don't need some silly villain vehicle or bat prison to take away from the Batcave).

Yes! Batman is back! I just hope the walls don't take up too much of the bricks.

3 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

I really hope there is a but of Wayne manor in this set as well. Also really hoping for it to be more generic and based on the comics so it can include tons of figures.

No way it will include Wayne Manor. But I do have hope they will one day release an expansion to put on top of this cave. Until then I'll simply put Joker Manor on top.

I'm guessing we'll get a bigfig Bane and/or molded T-Rex to explain the higher price per piece.

I'm really hoping we get at least a few new Bat-Family members.

There should be some villain presence, whether it be framed as an attack on the Batcave like previous sets or include some sort of training simulation room to justify it.  I just want to see something new for the villains.  I'd probably be happy just to get accessories like Mad Hatter's hat or Scarface if it meant making purist customs would be easier.

6 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I wonder if this could be the DC equivalent to Marvel’s Daily Bugle from a few years ago. A celebration of the biggest hero from that franchise with a giant, intricate playset. The giant penny and dinosaur are things they have to include and as for minifigures, given the price, I’d expect a majority of the main Batfamily to be included. Batman (plus Bruce Wayne) and Alfred obviously, but it’d be great to get at least a few of the others too: Dick, Jason, Tim, Damian, Barbara, Steph and Cass. I wouldn’t be surprised at some additional Batsuits or even some villains to be included here.

Yeah. Lego could easily make most of the civilian Bat-family members using existing pieces to keep down the cost of new prints while still giving us a bunch of minifigures.

Obvious villains to include would be Ra’s, Two-Face, Joker, Hush, Catwoman, and Riddler since they’ve all found the Batcave or know Bruce’s secret identity.

3 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Yes! Batman is back! I just hope the walls don't take up too much of the bricks.

No way it will include Wayne Manor. But I do have hope they will one day release an expansion to put on top of this cave. Until then I'll simply put Joker Manor on top.

I agree, I don't think it will be 100% of Wayne manor but I feel like it should include the room with the grandfather clock. Especially if we have brickbuilt walls there can be some small stairs leading to the grandfather clock. Also since they will likely have civilian versions of characters it makes sense to include some of Wayne manor. 

1 minute ago, bricksbyjim said:

I agree, I don't think it will be 100% of Wayne manor but I feel like it should include the room with the grandfather clock. Especially if we have brickbuilt walls there can be some small stairs leading to the grandfather clock. Also since they will likely have civilian versions of characters it makes sense to include some of Wayne manor. 

You mean kind of like what the 1966 batcave did? Maybe, that's not too farfetched. I could also see them do a gwp just for that room (or the equivalent thereof).

I can also see Lego throwing in a few Batmobiles considering it's canon in the comics that Bruce likes to keep a collection. Maybe this could be a way to get some versions that Lego would never really make as standalone sets, like a 1940s Batmobile or even the Schumacher Batmobiles.

86217732.jpeg

Honestly it had to be hard for LEGO to choose what to include. From the trophy room, to gadgets, to vehicles there are sooo many options. I am also guessing we will get some easter eggs to old batman sets, don't know how but like in the new castle they had a micro version of the classic yellow castle. Not that specifically but I would hope they can think of a cool easter egg. I am just very curious where they get their inspiration from. I mean LEGO has worked with Jim Lee on the art piece so I wouldn't be surprised if they talked with him (or another iconic Batman creator) to get some ideas.

Oh my god, I love the sound of this! Mold Dinosaur?

Hope the figs are a ctossbetween the Bugle and Rivendell, with plenty of new designs but also recent reuses.

They might chuck in some obscure non-batfam heroes too like Daredevil, Punisher, Firestar (though she is an amazing friend I guess) and Blade in the Bulge.

11 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm guessing we'll get a bigfig Bane and/or molded T-Rex to explain the higher price per piece.

I'm really hoping we get at least a few new Bat-Family members.

There should be some villain presence, whether it be framed as an attack on the Batcave like previous sets or include some sort of training simulation room to justify it.  I just want to see something new for the villains.  I'd probably be happy just to get accessories like Mad Hatter's hat or Scarface if it meant making purist customs would be easier.

They don't need to justify the villain inclusions, I mean why would all (most of anyway) the spider rogues storm the Bulge?

1 minute ago, TheBatstan said:

I can also see Lego throwing in a few Batmobiles considering it's canon in the comics that Bruce likes to keep a collection. Maybe this could be a way to get some versions that Lego would never really make as standalone sets, like a 1940s Batmobile or even the Schumacher Batmobiles.

That would be nice, but I feel like that's a bit too much wishful thinking. A batmobile takes up quite some space, let alone multiple. If it's a fully encased building that would require a lot more bricks to fit it in.

Could be the best DC set ever if done right. 

I wonder which version of Batman they'll use — I really hope in this case it's LEGO's regular interpretation of the comicbook Batman.

I want to see a bunch of colorful villains, and the ridiculous elements of the Batcave such as the dinosaur or the giant penny.

I would have preferred Arkham :-D as someone said "it's a moc thing" (as well as Rivendell) and I'm happy that Lego is exploring these new solutions!  Big question: comics or movies?  and above all which minifigures included?  From this point of view Arkham would have been more interesting, but I doubt that Lego organizes a large cave without villains

I'm pretty excited for this but would've been even more excited if it was Arkham. The two things that worry me are the enclosed walls and low piece count for the price. Walls sound great but I don't want them at the expense of more interior detail. I'd like a space for minifigure-scale Batmobiles but I don't want too many vehicles in here. I really love the 1966 Batcave though so this one sounds great already. 

For minifigures, I hope we get new variants of some Bat-family members and maybe one or two new specialized Batsuits. For villains, I want Harley and the Joker, maybe some repeats, and hopefully a new character or two. The Daily Bugle included 5 new characters but only had 10 or so new prints. I'm hoping this set has more new prints and fewer minifigures than the Bugle. I'd be happy with 12-18, I don't think we need 25. 

If it’s comic-based, the dinosaur, giant penny, Joker card, and Lazy Susan for the Batmobile are musts. As for figures, Bruce Wayne/Batman and Alfred are obvious, and I hope we get new versions of Dick, Tim, and Barbara based on their more recent comic appearances, and hopefully our first Cass and Steph figures. Wouldn’t mind Ace or Batcow either. 

If they have to include villains, I think Bane and Two-Face would be good choices because 1) we could finally get a Bane bigfig, 2) they’ve both been included in previous Batcave sets, and 3) it would be a cool reference to Kingdom Come (they destroyed Wayne Manor when Batman’s identity was revealed). 

Can’t wait to find out more about this set and I definitely need to come up with some sort of plan to save up for it. The Daily Bugle is one of my favorite sets and I’d love to have the flagship sets for both of my favorite heroes. 

Just now, Legocentrico said:

I would have preferred Arkham :-D as someone said "it's a moc thing" (as well as Rivendell) and I'm happy that Lego is exploring these new solutions!  Big question: comics or movies?  and above all which minifigures included?  From this point of view Arkham would have been more interesting, but I doubt that Lego organizes a large cave without villains

I feel like if this one sells well, the possibility of an Arkham set will definitely be on the table. But it makes sense if they were to start a big d2c Batman line they would start with the batcave.