Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

56 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Realistically, it will have nothing more than the three Marvels. Anything other than that will be an unexpected bonus at this point.

Since the Quantumania set, now even the three Marvels are not certain. 

I could see them possibly including only Carol and Monica and then having Kamala be available through the CMF, but I really hope that’s not the case. 

49 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

I could see them possibly including only Carol and Monica and then having Kamala be available through the CMF, but I really hope that’s not the case. 

I personally wouldn't mind it, purely because her suit in the show is so much better than her new suit for The Marvels

1 ora fa, Rwbricks ha detto:

Dal set di Quantumania, ora anche le tre Marvel non sono certe.

Potrei vederli forse includendo solo Carol e Monica e poi avere Kamala disponibile attraverso il CMF, ma spero davvero che non sia così.

3 women, many ethnicities, Lego will not miss the opportunity to do it

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Realistically, it will have nothing more than the three Marvels. Anything other than that will be an unexpected bonus at this point.

Come off it. You really think its going to have 3 figures and less than 500 pieces for 90 dollars? 

2 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Come off it. You really think its going to have 3 figures and less than 500 pieces for 90 dollars? 

Yes.

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yes.

Come on. We all like to be hyperbolic here from time to time, but a regular $90 playset with only 3 minifigs is not even remotely realistic. Especially when it shares shelfspace with a $100 NWH set with 9 minifigs :laugh_hard: 5 is the absolute minimum in my opinion

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Come on. We all like to be hyperbolic here from time to time, but a regular $90 playset with only 3 minifigs is not even remotely realistic. Especially when it shares shelfspace with a $100 NWH set with 9 minifigs :laugh_hard: 5 is the absolute minimum in my opinion

Tbf, a $30 Ant-Man set with no figures felt unrealistic, so did a $35 Guardians set with only one figure.

If we get more than the main three in the Marvels set, I'm guessing they'll reuse the same Nick Fury figure since 2019. No other merchandise or toy leak from other companies has suggested we're getting anyone other than the main three.

I hope we get more though.

Right now there's no female buildable figures, not even Ghost Spider. IMO everybody who's not considering a buildable figure three pack for the Marvels are the ones being unrealistic. I say this with pain in my heart.

6 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Right now there's no female buildable figures, not even Ghost Spider. IMO everybody who's not considering a buildable figure three pack for the Marvels are the ones being unrealistic. I say this with pain in my heart.

I don't see it happening because there's just not enough pieces there to make 2 buildable figures, let alone 3

7 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

With Ant-Man, there's some logical extent since he and Wasp can grow and shrink. But with Captain Marvel, it wouldn't make sense for them to have buildable figures that tie into the films.

13 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I don't see it happening because there's just not enough pieces there to make 2 buildable figures, let alone 3

Valid. Since the piece count is so baffling, they could very well swap out half of the pieces for the Ninjago mech joints.

11 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

With Ant-Man, there's some logical extent since he and Wasp can grow and shrink. But with Captain Marvel, it wouldn't make sense for them to have buildable figures that tie into the films.

I mean from a minifig theme perspective I agree, but then there's Iron Man, Wolverine, Cap America, Spiderman x2, and Venom.

23 minuti fa, bricksandabear ha detto:

In questo momento non ci sono figure costruibili femminili, nemmeno Ghost Spider. IMO tutti quelli che non stanno prendendo in considerazione un pacchetto di tre figure costruibili per le Meraviglie sono quelli che sono irrealistici. Lo dico con dolore nel cuore.

You made my blood run cold.  know that :-|

8 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Valid. Since the piece count is so baffling, they could very well swap out half of the pieces for the Ninjago mech joints.

Okay it's happening.

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Tbf, a $30 Ant-Man set with no figures felt unrealistic, so did a $35 Guardians set with only one figure.

In this day and age, when Eternals gets 4 sets, each with brand new characters, at least one exclusive figure in each and 22 brand new prints total, but like Ant Man and Guardians start excluding main characters and villains, I don't know what realistic looks like anymore.

Even Thor had a small set that was basically skippable on account of no exclusive figures and a bad build, just feels like LEGO is putting a bit less into the household names. Unless this is just the new normal, buildable Blade next year?

4 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

I mean from a minifig theme perspective I agree, but then there's Iron Man, Wolverine, Cap America, Spiderman x2, and Venom.

I qualified my statement for film tie-ins. I wouldn't be surprised if Lego eventually makes a Captain Marvel buildable figure, but not as a film tie-in. For that, I think we'll still get Minifigures.

On 3/1/2023 at 3:47 PM, Meadius said:

System-scale typically refers to sets being minifigure-scale, since those sets are considered regular "system" (meaning brick) sets. Constraction and Technic are other categories Lego makes. In this case it's a little weird though, since the buildable figures are mostly brick built, but more in the vein of constraction stuff like Bionicle (albeit not as cool, in my opinion).

Edit: I should probably also clarify that a more accurate term for the original poster to use might have been "minifigure-scale" since system doesn't have an inherent scale; microscale and minifigure-scale sets are both typically considered system. 

Thank you! That's kinda what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure before I just assumed! 

On the subject of the CMFs... I'm really hoping that they will cover the Disney+ series again. I think they way over did What If? in the last series, but regardless, the shows are WAY WAY unrepresented in terms of LEGO. I really feel like that was such a missed opportunity on their part! There are TONS of different sets and figs that could have been done for those. But anyways... what does everyone hope or expect to see?

Is there anyone else surprised that the NWH set is only $100?? I'm actually kinda worried about the quality and detail and all. Considering the LARGE number of figures, many that would be new, it just seems like a VERY low price point for what it's rumored to be when you consider a $30 buildable Ant-Man with no minifigs, the $35 Rocket set that only has one, and the abominable $90 they asked us to spend on the most recent armory. Do you think that means that the main build will suffer? Or do you think that they figure since we are FINALLY getting all 3 of the Spideys together that we won't really care??

52 minutes ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

Or do you think that they figure since we are FINALLY getting all 3 of the Spideys together that we won't really care??

Yes

2 hours ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

Thank you! That's kinda what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure before I just assumed! 

On the subject of the CMFs... I'm really hoping that they will cover the Disney+ series again. I think they way over did What If? in the last series, but regardless, the shows are WAY WAY unrepresented in terms of LEGO. I really feel like that was such a missed opportunity on their part! There are TONS of different sets and figs that could have been done for those. But anyways... what does everyone hope or expect to see?

Is there anyone else surprised that the NWH set is only $100?? I'm actually kinda worried about the quality and detail and all. Considering the LARGE number of figures, many that would be new, it just seems like a VERY low price point for what it's rumored to be when you consider a $30 buildable Ant-Man with no minifigs, the $35 Rocket set that only has one, and the abominable $90 they asked us to spend on the most recent armory. Do you think that means that the main build will suffer? Or do you think that they figure since we are FINALLY getting all 3 of the Spideys together that we won't really care??

This set is 100% just a way to sell people nine minifigs at $100.

16 minuti fa, NovaBricks ha detto:

Questo set è al 100% solo un modo per vendere alle persone nove minifigure a 100 dollari.

9, but only 5 new :-D

On 3/2/2023 at 9:25 AM, Quicksilver838 said:

In this day and age, when Eternals gets 4 sets, each with brand new characters, at least one exclusive figure in each and 22 brand new prints total, but like Ant Man and Guardians start excluding main characters and villains, I don't know what realistic looks like anymore.

Even Thor had a small set that was basically skippable on account of no exclusive figures and a bad build, just feels like LEGO is putting a bit less into the household names. Unless this is just the new normal, buildable Blade next year?

You shut your mouth! I badly want some awesome Blade sets for the movie.

To be fair, you are conveniently leaving out the very good Thor boat set. At least there was that and it came with great figures.

Edited by ToaDraco

20 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

This set is 100% just a way to sell people nine minifigs at $100.

22 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Yes

Well at least I'm not alone in my thoughts/concerns...

20 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

9, but only 5 new :-D

The new ones being Tobey and Andrew, Electro, Ned, and... I'm thinking they will reuse Dr. Strange, MJ, Tom's Spiderman. That leaves Green goblin and Sandman, right? Would that mean new Sandman, reuse Green Goblin? Maybe like the one in the most recent mech, maybe?

Edited by CowInADenBuilds
Quoted the same person 2x

35 minutes ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

Well at least I'm not alone in my thoughts/concerns...

The new ones being Tobey and Andrew, Electro, Ned, and... I'm thinking they will reuse Dr. Strange, MJ, Tom's Spiderman. That leaves Green goblin and Sandman, right? Would that mean new Sandman, reuse Green Goblin? Maybe like the one in the most recent mech, maybe?

Uh, no. Goblin would have to be new.

I don't know where "Only 5 new" came from, but it'd be Tobey, Andrew, Electro, Goblin, and Doc Ock. Sandman is supposed to be brick-built, I believe.

8 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

To be fair, you are conveniently leaving out the very good Thor boat set. At least there was that and it came with great figures.

No convenience about it, we don't tolerate Goat Boat slander in this forum

1 ora fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Uh, no. Goblin dovrebbe essere nuovo.

Non so da dove proveni "Solo 5 nuovi", ma sarebbe Tobey, Andrew, Electro, Goblin e Doc Ock. Sandman dovrebbe essere costruito in mattoni, credo.

It comes from my expectations :-D.  Anyway yes obviously, 2 spidey and the 3 villains will be new… and at this point, without Antman crew, without eviluctionary etc, I would feel fooled if we get brand new NED :-P