Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I just really want that Spider-Man NWH set to be revealed already, especially since it is a January 1st release. The Lizard is my favorite villain

I wonder why the Marvel sets haven't been revealed yet? I hope the Rocket Raccoon's Warbird is good.

15 minuti fa, icm ha detto:

Mi chiedo perché i set Marvel non siano ancora stati rivelati? Spero che il Warbird di Rocket Raccoon sia buono.

Why do we have to see ugly pictures of someone buying Rocket and publishing the booklet. Well done lego!

I actually think the rocket looks better than I expected!

I love the groot tho, gonna go great in the collection 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

hahahahahha....hahahahahhahaa.....hahahahahaha.... this is it, man. All star wars has for january is the battle pack, 4+ set, and polybag. Our January waves have been gutted for this theme.

Really? I don't pay much attention to Star Wars, I guess I confused some of the spring releases for January.

Why would Lego leave one theme for last? This is super weird

18 minuti fa, Lokyndra ha detto:

Ehi ragazzi, pensate che avremo un modulare ogni anno ora?

It seems that the next D2C is the x-mansion, which in the preliminary images was not modular and in any case, not being an urban building, would have no reason to connect with the other modular ones...

9 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

It seems that the next D2C is the x-mansion, which in the preliminary images was not modular and in any case, not being an urban building, would have no reason to connect with the other modular ones...

The pic was very prelim, though, and the design felt more like the 2013 Arkham Asylum than any 18+ building. I expect that the final design will be more in-line with what we have come to expect from the Modular lines. 

Rocket, if a little ghoulish in the face department, overall looks fine enough. Wish he didn't have that Baby Groot figure, though. Out of scale with regular figs, out of scale with even the set itself, and wastes 2 prints out of this theme's already clearly limited figure budget. Maybe without that thing we could get, I dunno, leg print on Cyclops?

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The pic was very prelim, though, and the design felt more like the 2013 Arkham Asylum than any 18+ building. I expect that the final design will be more in-line with what we have come to expect from the Modular lines. 

I also think the design is prehistoric, but I think they wouldn't have included it in the survey if the final model was completely different. And in any case it is a villa inside a park, it would not make sense to connect it to the other buildings. I think Lego takes this into consideration

6 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

And in any case it is a villa inside a park

In the movies, yes, but it looked more like a normal school (albeit still surrounded by land) in the show; I can see it being done as a Modular. 

36 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

It seems that the next D2C is the x-mansion

Who have we heard that off? Or is it a guess? 

1 minute ago, squiz18 said:

Who have we heard that off? Or is it a guess?  

The prototype leaked a while back along with a lot of other prototypes for sets, was part of a survey where Lego tries to judge how much people would pay for potential future sets.

It's effectively a mansion facade with a seperate section for fence/gate. I'd imagine the finished product will wind up looking like Arkham Asylum

Long time no see. Some leaks to discuss, we have :yoda: 

I was initially elated to hear we were getting Rogue in place of Storm. We really needed new characters. When I saw her I was initially extremely disappointed. A little mad even. She's since grown on me, but ultimately I find most if not all of my initial criticism still stands, I just settled for reasons I'll get into shortly. But first I want to review the leak. 

Rogue - let's start head to toe. For one, her hair is considerably voluminous and bulky on the show. Not only is this hair piece EXTREMELY over used (I mean seriously, Black Widow, Gamora, Storm, Jean Grey, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, and now Rogue have all adorned this hair at some point!) but it just does not provide the silhouette she needs. it's a pretty hair piece and that plays into why I settled with her, because it may be incorrect and annoying but it's not terribly hideous. Actually kind of second guess saying that because the placement of the white patch is sooo awkward, pair that with the hair color itself being far too bright and I'm starting to kind of resent this hair choice. We haven't even gotten to the torso and there is so much to say. The actual torso print itself is near perfect and easily "carries" this figure because there is so much to pick apart basically everywhere but the torso. It's the 1 thing they got right. I may be nitpicking here, and I hesitated even bringing this up but technically the jacket she has on should be a little lighter but I understand that even though it's slightly inaccurate, this slightly darker color contrasts better with the neon green legs. I get it, but  even if the color is a minor detail, the arms should have been dual molded because her jacket only goes to her elbows and her lower arm should carry the neon green color of the actual jumpsuit underneath. So yeah arms should have been dual molded and hair is wrong in shape and color. FINALLY onto the legs. Lol. Should have been dual molded. the neon green of her suit covers the entire side of her legs and almost all the way in the back where there is a slight yellow strip towards the center much how we see from the front facing angle. She needed dual molded legs and a yellow hip piece to pull this off. if no dual molding, we should have at least gotten this green printed towards the side of the legs. But no! She only looks presentable from a front facing angle.  I am personally really put off seeing all that yellow on the side of her legs.

TL;DR for those who don't want to read all that. Color and shape of her hair are wrong, placement of white patch is awkward (to me), arms are incorrect in that the jacket color should stop halfway and the green from the jumpsuit should be in the lower half. Plus a red printed X is missing from both her shoulders. Leg printing does not extend to the side but ultimately should have been dual molded.

I can excuse the incorrect hair mould, but the color being off throws me off. Okay fine lets make peace with that, but the arms are wrong too! okay well that's "close enough" as well so lets ignore it. But they then chose to double down and half a** the legs as well! My goodness its just all so much to take in. I don't like being negative, and I have rose tinted glasses on for Lego X-Men content no matter what it is so I was able to "settle" and make peace with the fact we are getting a subpar Rogue. But I had to comment on how confused I was the the image first dropped and everyone was so enamored by her!?! Lol. Plus the price to part ratio on this rumored set is so high I initially reasoned that if the set is so expensive then a decent budget must be allotted to the figures. This better be one incredible build because so far the figures AND the price point for this X-Jet are doing it no favors.

But finally

Cyclops - Near perfect but come on dude. Those legs suck so bad. Needed yellow hip and some print maybe for his undies. Lol. Also has leg straps and yellow boots. I guess we can give him the boots but the hip is hard to do without removing the dual molded yellow and blue legs from the blue hip and swapping it for a yellow hip. I can't speak for anyone else but I treat my figures very carefully and get kind of anxious even thinking about swapping a hip piece. So even if we fix the legs it's still not quite accurate. Which makes this figure kind of a let down. Both leaks kind of let me down. But at least we didn't get another Storm lol.

And to my final point, I wanted to clarify how basically all of the issues with this Rogue figure would have been solved if we got Jean instead. 90's comics Jean would have loose hair exactly as shown in the first (and possibly best) Lego Marvel game. 90's Cartoon Jean would have a ponytail piece. Both are extremely accessible but also accurate to her! This same hair which makes no sense for Rogue actually works perfect for a comic Jean from the 90s, and once again a ponytail is just as easy to use if we go with the cartoon influence. Don't want to dual mold or print on the side of Legs? Well that ruined Rogue for me but 90's Jean could honestly get away with no leg printing. And while she does need arm printing which I know they would skip, they can just give her should armor/pads to depict that detail (would have to be paired with ponytail if they gave her physical shoulder pads instead of printed), and skip the blue bands on her lower arms. So if they wanted to go this route of reusing easy hair pieces and skipping leg and arm detailing, that would all have made much more sense for Jean Grey. Rogue is a great character but given Lego wanted to make a cheap figure with barely any detail, and no new hair moulds, I'm surprised they skipped Jean seeing as she lends herself much better to that. Plus she has a love triangle with Cyclops and Wolverine, the other 2 protagonist in this set. 

Apologies for the wall of text I had a lot to nit pick but kudos to you if your read this lol.

Edited by cosmic

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

The prototype leaked a while back along with a lot of other prototypes for sets, was part of a survey where Lego tries to judge how much people would pay for potential future sets.

It's effectively a mansion facade with a seperate section for fence/gate. I'd imagine the finished product will wind up looking like Arkham Asylum

Ah thanks. I saw the x mansion leak when it came out. I thought we were talking about modulars but just read it back and we've switched to D2Cs. 

I wasn't sure if I'd missed something with regards to x mansion.

As far as I'm aware we haven't heard anything about a modular next year? 

Just now, squiz18 said:

Ah thanks. I saw the x mansion leak when it came out. I thought we were talking about modulars but just read it back and we've switched to D2Cs. 

I wasn't sure if I'd missed something with regards to x mansion.

As far as I'm aware we haven't heard anything about a modular next year?

At the moment nothing about true modulars for Marvel in 2024.

I'd imagine the Baxter Building would be our next modular Marvel set in 2025, either partially based on the movie (Now scheduled for a mid 2025 release) like with the Sanctum Sanctorum OR a comic inspired set as a lot of the designers have talked about including Fantastic Four characters and they've been told to basically save them.

26 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

At the moment nothing about true modulars for Marvel in 2024.

I'd imagine the Baxter Building would be our next modular Marvel set in 2025, either partially based on the movie (Now scheduled for a mid 2025 release) like with the Sanctum Sanctorum OR a comic inspired set as a lot of the designers have talked about including Fantastic Four characters and they've been told to basically save them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for one in 2024. Maybe a smaller comic inspired modular. I think having nothing but skyscrapers would look a bit strange. It's nice having the sanctum to break things up so hopefully there is a smaller (and cheaper) one coming next year. 

3 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Rocket, if a little ghoulish in the face department, overall looks fine enough. Wish he didn't have that Baby Groot figure, though. Out of scale with regular figs, out of scale with even the set itself, and wastes 2 prints out of this theme's already clearly limited figure budget. Maybe without that thing we could get, I dunno, leg print on Cyclops?

I think we just heard that leg prints are up to 3x more expensive than torso prints or something from one of the designers, but that just feels off to me somehow.

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

Even this night nothing >___<

but is it possible???

A lot of the sets we got pictures of yesterday had the pictures come out an hour or two later than the time it is right now, so I'd say there's still some hope. I'm shocked it's taken as long as it has though, we're less than a month out. 

I hate to say it, but given how I can't remember standard-release system sets having image leaks or being revealed this late in the game... could these have been delayed to March? Not saying it's the case, but I think it might be a possibility.

46 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think we just heard that leg prints are up to 3x more expensive than torso prints or something from one of the designers, but that just feels off to me somehow.

A lot of the sets we got pictures of yesterday had the pictures come out an hour or two later than the time it is right now, so I'd say there's still some hope. I'm shocked it's taken as long as it has though, we're less than a month out. 

I hate to say it, but given how I can't remember standard-release system sets having image leaks or being revealed this late in the game... could these have been delayed to March? Not saying it's the case, but I think it might be a possibility.

it's early December, we have time 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

To delay at least 8 sets intended for a January release to March would be weird - I can't see it happening, would need a good reason.

The only delays we've seen were due to the sets being movie tie-in's or a building fault that resulted in a new piece, the latter of which only impacted a range of mechs using the same building techniques as opposed to an entire wave.

We've also seen photos of buildable Rocket Racoon box on shelves so we know that's still presumably releasing in January. I expect the photos are coming, but given how terrible Lego has been with official reveals of Marvel lately this is frankly par for the course.

This situation is surreal :-D Lego still doesn't reveal the sets, and although Rocket was found in the store, no one publishes the images of the booklet

11 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

This situation is surreal :-D Lego still doesn't reveal the sets, and although Rocket was found in the store, no one publishes the images of the booklet

to be fair, I wouldn't spend $55 on that thing, even if it got me an early look at the other sets.

Though it's somewhat likely they tried to buy it, but it was streetdated at checkout. I've heard of this happening before.

They really need to get better at revealing stuff, I mean why wait this long just to reveal a few Marvel sets that people are actually interested in instead of crappy themes like Dreamzzz,Friends and Ninjago.

27 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

ad essere onesti, non spenderei 55 dollari per quella cosa, anche se mi ha dato un'occhiata anticipata agli altri set.

Anche se è un po' probabile che abbiano provato a comprarlo, ma era datato alla cassa. Ho già sentito parlare di questo.

I think many will buy it just for the minifigure (myself included)... Do you mean the sale has been blocked?

22 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Hanno davvero bisogno di migliorare nel rivelare le cose, voglio dire perché aspettare così a lungo solo per rivelare alcuni set Marvel a cui le persone sono effettivamente interessate invece di temi schifosi come Dreamzzz, Friends e Ninjago.

They save it for last as if it were very important, but they give it a poor budget as if no one is interested :-P but we are beyond waiting, we have seen Spider Man scheduled for January and the rubbish 4+ scheduled for March very soon, why divide the revelation in two?? I'm starting to worry that there's nothing else

ps. But there's definitely rocket, so yes, it's just an endless wait

pps. Mtdbricks suggests that Venom's mech contains Miles Morales :-Or maybe the images are close???

Edited by Legocentrico