Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My biggest takeaway here is SPIN? Miles is named SPIN? Kid Arachnid was fine, I personally still like Arachnid as his hero name, but SPIN? REALLY? 

My best guess is that, as the show really is for like, toddlers, maybe 'Arachnid' is harder for them to say than 'Spin' - the other heroes' names are relatively easier for kids to say, phonetically.

I really like the Team Spidey Web spinner Headquarters. All new versions or new minifigures. Gold on spider characters looks great and gives some actual variation. Love Zola and his little robot. Great Iron Man variant. All very accurate to the show. This is what I want from Lego - lots of variations of minifigures so if I buy a new set I get new minifigs not constant repeats. Will be getting this set as soon as it’s reduced online as I’m sure it’s slightly over priced but I’m excited for Zola… a new marvel character! (Wipes tears from eyes). I also like the Electro in the smaller set. Will go nicely with the Doc Ock variant from a couple of years ago. I’ve been very critical of Lego marvel in last 12 months but this kind of set (fair enough it’s aimed at preschool/young kids) is exactly what I want for my kind of Lego collecting that’s very minifigure based. Also I bought the Avengers Tower on Black Friday… excited to build it at Christmas… even more excited for Zola to take control of it now ha!

Spider-Man's mask isn't as bad as it could've been, but it still looks rather lacking and rough.

The 4+ sets are really good tho. Don't care about them at all, but they are nicely done.

Thinking about it, it's funny to get two versions of Zola so close to one another. First in the Avengers Tower, now in this 4+ set.

Also, this marks our fifth weird Electro variant (TASM2, Ultimate, Duplo, NWH, Amazing Friends) before we finally get a classic suit... has to be an in-joke at this point, surely.

I do really like these sets, though. The figures all look pretty good (not sure on the bat arms to represent web-wings, but eh.) the gold looks great, especially for Miles, the Electro figure looks good for what it is and Iron Man is nice. Not a fan of Zola because he's a little far removed from previous adaptations, but he's a cool figure I suppose.

Excited to see the January sets, I believe later today. My big cope is that I'm still praying the Blackbird's price was listed incorrectly in leaks. If the Sandman build is good, the NWH set might be something I pick up at launch too, but I'm a little wary now that TandN has said he's using the constraction figure faceplate. The other sets don't appeal hugely to me, but if Rocket's Warbird is a good model I guess I'll pick it up, the Guardians of the Galaxy ship design is generally nice and it'll be good to get Ronan. 

What a waste of budget…

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hilarious that the March wave gets revealed before the January wave does :laugh_hard:

Lego at the height of his black humor, I imagine

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the Iron Man fig is actually not half-bad.

Might be one of my favourites, actually

AGAIN? SPIN? REAAALLLLY? THIS IS THE BEST MARVEL CAN COME UP WITH?

I have a suggestion: Spider-man

Obviously zola himself has no usable parts for a non-kiddie Zola

I know he's Zola, but he just looks like Modok

Zola would be great to have been styled in a regular superheroes set.  Along with classic Rhino, Bizarro, Doomsday .....

1 hour ago, RobbieHxC said:

Zola would be great to have been styled in a regular superheroes set.  Along with classic Rhino, Bizarro, Doomsday .....

… classic Electro, Raven, classic Loki, classic Iron Man, classic Ultron …

11 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

My best guess is that, as the show really is for like, toddlers, maybe 'Arachnid' is harder for them to say than 'Spin' - the other heroes' names are relatively easier for kids to say, phonetically.

That's possible, but am I missing something with "spin" specifically? What connection does that word have to miles or spiders?

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Might be one of my favourites, actually

I have a suggestion: Spider-man

I know he's Zola, but he just looks like Modok

It is honestly really nice, I'm gonna swap the head out for the *title card* iron man from the detroit steel set, and then it'll be set in my hall of armors as the "final suit" so to speak.

I get why they want the differentiation, especially for a preschool show (I don't even have kids and I can see the frustration of a kid saying he wants to be spider-man for halloween and refusing to elaborate further on WHICH ONE), but SPIN? AGAIN? WHAT DOES SPINNING HAVE TO DO WITH MILES OR SPIDERS?

It's not a big deal- again, it's for children young enough most of em literally wouldn't be able to read this forum- but yeah, none of that can be used for non-juniors Zolas.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

… classic Electro, Raven, classic Loki, classic Iron Man, classic Ultron …

I feel like we've got some solid classic iron men at this point between amazing friends, mighty micros, etc. Arguably Loki as well, though I agree mighty micros doesn't really give good parts for a solid classic ultron, he needs a new head/helmet mold. And of course, lego's running joke of producing every other electro variant besides the classic comic one.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's possible, but am I missing something with "spin" specifically? What connection does that word have to miles or spiders?

SPIN? AGAIN? WHAT DOES SPINNING HAVE TO DO WITH MILES OR SPIDERS?

Might be a colloquialism where Im from but 'Spiders spin a web' is a phrase. Terrible name though :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Spinning a web. Personally I'd the coolest codename Miles has had is Shadow Spider, but that's only used when the Champions go to a DnD type fantasy world

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

*title card* iron man

Keeping the running gag up is nice, but this is a quality joke that should not go unnoticed :laugh:

Edited by NXS7

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Spiders spin webs, also a spinning kick attack miles just invented. It's explained in the first episode why they need different codenames to call themselves because they're both Spider-Man.

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I get why they want the differentiation, especially for a preschool show (I don't even have kids and I can see the frustration of a kid saying he wants to be spider-man for halloween and refusing to elaborate further on WHICH ONE), but SPIN? AGAIN? WHAT DOES SPINNING HAVE TO DO WITH MILES OR SPIDERS?

Spin is the dutch word for spider, although I don't think that's where the codename is coming from in this case.

Just now, dinges44 said:

Spin is the dutch word for spider, although I don't think that's where the codename is coming from in this case.

I also highly doubt that's the reason, but that's a really interesting fact though

43 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

but SPIN? AGAIN? WHAT DOES SPINNING HAVE TO DO WITH MILES OR SPIDERS?

I'm enjoying this reaction to the name Spin. I've known the character as Spin for the past 2 years as my son watches the show. However I've just looked back at the Lego sets before this wave and he's always been called Miles Morales: Spiderman before now. 

1 hour ago, squiz18 said:

I'm enjoying this reaction to the name Spin. I've known the character as Spin for the past 2 years as my son watches the show. However I've just looked back at the Lego sets before this wave and he's always been called Miles Morales: Spiderman before now. 

This. My kids call them Miles, Peter, and Gwen anyway. My daughter even calls Gwen Spider-girl, nobody is saying Ghost Spider lol.

These sets are great though. My only complaint is that the previous HQ set, the big one, was double the price when I bought it a few years ago. Maybe Lego is correcting some of their prices now? It sure seems like the Marvel and HP set reveals are much more reasonable.

Sigh, why do they bother revealing 4+sets no one cares about first instead of the actual good ones. I really want to see if there is a set with Quicksilver since his torso leaked.

19 minuti fa, Lego Nostalgia ha detto:

Sigh, perché si preoccupano di rivelare 4+ set a cui nessuno interessa prima invece di quelli effettivamente buoni. Voglio davvero vedere se c'è un set con Quicksilver da quando il suo busto è trapelato.

This is driving me crazy :-D

45 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Sigh, why do they bother revealing 4+sets no one cares about first instead of the actual good ones. I really want to see if there is a set with Quicksilver since his torso leaked.

Based on the set names we have, I doubt he's in the January wave - unless it's a weird exclusive set for somewhere, I guess? 

2 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Same here!

My six and two year old will watch Across the Spider-Verse/Into the Spider-Verse and call Miles Spin the entire time.

3 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Based on the set names we have, I doubt he's in the January wave - unless it's a weird exclusive set for somewhere, I guess? 

We still don't know what set 76283 is, so hopefully that could be our set with Quicksilver.

6 hours ago, SpiderFan44 said:

Spiders spin webs, also a spinning kick attack miles just invented. It's explained in the first episode why they need different codenames to call themselves because they're both Spider-Man.

I'm responding to you specifically because you explained the in-show reason, but EVERYONE, I GET IT, SPIDERS SPIN WEBS. This does not change my reaction. You may as well call him "crawl", or "waterspout", or "bottle of raid".

I like that the 4+ show gives him a different super hero name to differentiate him from Peter, but I refuse to accept spin. 

Also, why Spin and not Spinner? Spinner feels more like a name, spin sounds more like an action.

6 hours ago, NXS7 said:

Spinning a web. Personally I'd the coolest codename Miles has had is Shadow Spider, but that's only used when the Champions go to a DnD type fantasy world

Keeping the running gag up is nice, but this is a quality joke that should not go unnoticed :laugh:

Shadow Spider is cool and fits with Ghost Spider being Gwen's name, even if I personally still prefer Arachnid. 

Thank you. I do, however, have a question for lego on this topic:

Screenshot%202023-12-01%20171519.png

"You were supposed to reveal them hours ago."

5 hours ago, squiz18 said:

He's been called this for YEARS? WHAT? This has been happening for YEARS and no one's found a better name?

5 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

So the big reveal on December 1st was the 4+ in March. Well

Yeah, it's really weird that we haven't seen the January wave yet. I'm getting a little concerned.

Edited by Mandalorianknight