Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Sony dropped the Madame Web trailer, reminding us that there's another marvel-ish movie coming out in 2024

Don't know how have evolved the licensing relation between sony and disney lately, but with all those spider-ladies assembled this would make an interesting set.

We got Morbius so one can hope right ?

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, that's really just down to a new mold being needed to make this fit perfectly. The hair's coming from the top of the head and falling down around the sides over the fabric, so I don't think less flat hair is that much of an issue. (Scott doesn't have Sam's cut in the comics, after all)

I meant flat as in the hairline but you're not wrong, a new mould would be best. There'll probably be a new Cyclops coming out in the movie sets whenever they get to X-Men though so I suppose this will do for now. 

Edited by SEmrys

1 ora fa, SpiderFan44 ha detto:

Abbiamo Morbius, quindi si può sperare, giusto?

I'm hoping for a new mold for the Sydney Sweeney bust :-D

1 hour ago, SpiderFan44 said:

Sony dropped the Madame Web trailer, reminding us that there's another marvel-ish movie coming out in 2024

Don't know how have evolved the licensing relation between sony and disney lately, but with all those spider-ladies assembled this would make an interesting set.

We got Morbius so one can hope right ?

Yeah there's got to be a good chance of some new spiderman sets. Especially with the gaps in the mcu slate now. Hopefully there is definitely space to do some spider sets with interesting characters in. Even if they aren't directly tied into any films (across the spiderverse or madame web). 

What If. . . ? S2 trailer is out - We get some shots of the Sakaar episode, as well as of Goliath. The Minifig looks quite accurate, and the Ant-Man microfig accessory actually makes sense; it seems like he is part of a “What if Peggy Carter founded the Avengers back in the 90’s” episode, along with Hank Pym Ant-Man, T’Chaka Black Panther, Starforce suit Carol, and the Winter Soldier. The team also has a Quinjet that looks similar to T’Challa’s jet from CA:CW and seems to have Wakandan tech inside. 
IMO, this would make a good set in the absence of any live-action MCU content next year (and because this group, with the addition of Thor, seems to be the season’s main team (like the Guardians of the Multiverse were in S1)). 

Trailer for What If, including our first look at Goliath

Few characters we see that could've been good alternatives: Doctor Strange Supreme (skipped again! THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!!), Odin, Mar-Vell, T'Chaka, Rocket and Kahhori (who I think should only be included if they cover other characters as well)

On 11/15/2023 at 11:59 AM, NXS7 said:

Mar-Vell 

I thought that was Carol, but Mar-Vell makes more sense. Maybe this is taking place in the 80’s rather than the 90’s, then? 

I agree that Strange Supreme would have been a better choice for the CMF, but it is also possible that there is a set with the rest of the team coming, and LEGO chose to put the character who needed the most moulding/printing into the CMF series. That said, if this were something that they were inclined to do, we would have gotten Rogue in the CMF instead of Storm. 🫤

Excited for the new season, and it looks like Captain Carter, Kahhori, and Strange Supreme will play larger parts in this season.

Assuming we get another CMF, there aren't many shows coming out that we haven't already gotten figures for, so hopefully Lego revisits What If...? and makes the latter two.

2 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Excited for the new season, and it looks like Captain Carter, Kahhori, and Strange Supreme will play larger parts in this season.

Maybe, or maybe those shots are all from the same episode. 🫤

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

What If. . . ? S2 trailer is out - We get some shots of the Sakaar episode, as well as of Goliath. The Minifig looks quite accurate, and the Ant-Man microfig accessory actually makes sense; it seems like he is part of a “What if Peggy Carter founded the Avengers back in the 90’s” episode, along with Hank Pym Ant-Man, T’Chaka Black Panther, Starforce suit Carol, and the Winter Soldier. The team also has a Quinjet that looks similar to T’Challa’s jet from CA:CW and seems to have Wakandan tech inside. 
IMO, this would make a good set in the absence of any live-action MCU content next year (and because this group, with the addition of Thor, seems to be the season’s main team (like the Guardians of the Multiverse were in S1)). 

I don't think that's carol, I think it's the MCU's Mar-Vell. I also would say I don't think Captain Carter is leading that group. It's definitely possible given the multiverse breaking apart, but we know Bucky wasn't the winter soldier in that universe.

1 hour ago, NXS7 said:

Kahhori (who I think should only be included if they cover other characters as well)

I'm willing to come into this more open-minded, since the trailer looked pretty good, but man, does the concept of Kahhori so perfectly summarize my issues with the what if show. They literally just made an OC. 

But yeah, a 90s avengers quinjet set with Hank Pym ant-man, Bucky, Mar-Vell, and T'chaka could be awesome!

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I also would say I don't think Captain Carter is leading that group.

Not Captain Carter - S.H.I.E.L.D. Director Peggy Carter (she can be seen along with Goliath, Ant-Man, Black Panther, and who I assume is General Ross). 
Actually, Howard Stark would make more sense. Also, given Peggy's entirely grey hair (as opposed to the partially-grey hair that she had in the 1989 flashback in Ant-Man), I am now convinced that this is taking place in the 1990's. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe, or maybe those shots are all from the same episode. 🫤

They probably are, but each of the characters mentioned are getting their own episodes, yet we also see the former two together in multiple shots. It’s also framed like Strange is looking for Kahhori.

Im suggesting we’ll get another intersecting finale with Captain Carter and Kahhori at the center. Also, Captain Carter appears to be wearing medieval clothes, so we may see her in multiple episodes.

8 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Im suggesting we’ll get another intersecting finale with Captain Carter and Kahhori at the center. Also, Captain Carter appears to be wearing medieval clothes, so we may see her in multiple episodes.

A number of characters are wearing Medieval clothes - Maybe this is a universe were those styles never went out of fashion, or one where the Avengers formed during the Middle Ages. 

7 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

A number of characters are wearing Medieval clothes - Maybe this is a universe were those styles never went out of fashion, or one where the Avengers formed during the Middle Ages. 

I dunno if this is spoilers, as it's just the episode title:

Spoiler

There's a 1602 episode. No idea what she's doing there, though.

17 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

They probably are, but each of the characters mentioned are getting their own episodes, yet we also see the former two together in multiple shots. It’s also framed like Strange is looking for Kahhori.

Minor spoilers:

Spoiler

this season is supposed to cross over a LOT more than the last one

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I dunno if this is spoilers, as it's just the episode title:

Hide contents

There's a 1602 episode. No idea what she's doing there, though.

That explains the outfits, then! 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Not Captain Carter - S.H.I.E.L.D. Director Peggy Carter (she can be seen along with Goliath, Ant-Man, Black Panther, and who I assume is General Ross). 
Actually, Howard Stark would make more sense. Also, given Peggy's entirely grey hair (as opposed to the partially-grey hair that she had in the 1989 flashback in Ant-Man), I am now convinced that this is taking place in the 1990's. 

I know it's 'What If...?', so certain characters being together doesn't mean it HAS to be 80s, it could be 90s, but between Janet disappearing in 87 (Hank wouldn't be as quippy if she's 'dead' right?), Peter Quill (who appears to be the villain) being abducted in 88, Mar-Vell dying in 89 and Bucky killing Howard in 91 (eventful few years :laugh:), I'd place my money on 80s

Would really make for a cool set, especially if Ego shows up (which would make sense if Peter's powers are activated)

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Rumours stated one episode would be based on Marvel 1602, and it looks like during Infinity War, Cap accidentally scrapes the Time Stone, sending the Avengers back in time. So... Hulkbuster 1602 set incoming?

5 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

I know it's 'What If...?', so certain characters being together doesn't mean it HAS to be 80s, it could be 90s, but between Janet disappearing in 87 (Hank wouldn't be as quippy if she's 'dead' right?), Peter Quill (who appears to be the villain) being abducted in 88, Mar-Vell dying in 89 and Bucky killing Howard in 91 (eventful few years :laugh:), I'd place my money on 80s

Would really make for a cool set, especially if Ego shows up (which would make sense if Peter's powers are activated)

Considering that Bucky is on the team, either Hydra never infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D. in this timeline, they did but were discovered and stopped, or these Avengers are actually working for Hydra (either knowingly or not). In any case, the point of divergence for this universe predates the start of the episode (from the material that we have thus far, anyway). 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:59 AM, NXS7 said:

Trailer for What If, including our first look at Goliath

Few characters we see that could've been good alternatives: Doctor Strange Supreme (skipped again! THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!!), Odin, Mar-Vell, T'Chaka, Rocket and Kahhori (who I think should only be included if they cover other characters as well)

They should give us a new Mandarin minifig with a Tony Leung face print so we can make a MOC of him wispering his long lost, secret love to a tree, or monologuing to his emotionally charged towel.

I hope we get at least another what if season 2 set, but thinking about both the season 1 sets were sort of season 2. ( Hydra Stomper was in season 1 but gets it's own storyline in season 2, as well as Peggy being in her stealth suit, and Sakar Hulkbuster / car is just straight up season 2 given the episode being delayed ( though I'm surprised that the car wasn't just a Lego invention :laugh:))

Do we know anymore about the quicksilver torso? I don’t know much about when Lego starts its production but I do think it’s a bit early for a summer products. Is there a chance quicksilvers coming in an unknown 1HY set?