Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I think a Dark Dimension diorama with a brick-built Dormammu could be a very cool set. (Kaecilius was never shown in the Dark Dimension, but so what, he can be included anyway.) 

Excellent idea! Too bad quotes are not a thing with Marvel sets, otherwise this one would have a very obvious one, quite a "bargain", one could say :laugh_hard: Kaecilius does enter the dark dimension at the end though, getting turned into a mindless one in the process!

7 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I imagine that the set will be based on the fight by the power lines when Spidey teams up with Sand-Man to fight Electro, yes lizard wasn't there but I don't remember Max Shrek in the Batcave or Vader with a tie bomber or a Chitari by the Benatar or outriders in iron mans armoury, or whiplash in Ironman's armoury or Gordon in the The Batman batcave or.... Well you should get the idea by now.

Someone must have been looking at their phone during those parts. 😝

Does anyone have some possible Marvel modular ideas they could do in the future after the AT, either MCU based or comic? I'm sure it must be their best selling sets out of all the Marvel sets but part of me is worried that after the AT it'll be over because what else could sell as well as the first three?

25 minutes ago, Toast said:

Does anyone have some possible Marvel modular ideas they could do in the future after the AT, either MCU based or comic? I'm sure it must be their best selling sets out of all the Marvel sets but part of me is worried that after the AT it'll be over because what else could sell as well as the first three?

The Baxter Building seems like a prime contender for 2025 when the Fantastic Four make their MCU debut. I think its going to come down to either that or the Daily Planet from Superman Legacy depending on which film gets the bigger marketing push.

Oscorp is another option but they might wait until the Bugle has retired before coming out with another Spider-Man themed modular.

Beyond those two I could see them moving away from the modular building format in favor of stand alone D2C sets. We're already expecting that to be the case with the X-Mansion next year but Asgard and the Avengers Compound could also be done in a similar fashion.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

As others have said, Baxter Building and Oscorp are the two obvious choices. Depending on how Daredevil Born Again does (and if they include it in the series), the law office of Nelson and Murdock. Not the most exciting choice, but could have a solid minifigure selection. Avengers Mansion could make an appearance in the MCU in Kang Dynasty or Secret War, but they could also do a comic version. There’s also the X-Men treehouse, but that’s maybe a bit too obscure. And, if they want to go with large buildings that aren’t strictly modular, there’s always the Avengers Compound, Tony Stark’s Malibu Mansion, Asgard, Wakanda, and (of course) the X-Mansion we’re getting next year.

For Marvel Modulars, I think it would be pretty neat if they tried some more experimental ideas too. Something like a Wakandan Embassy (even if it doesn't quite makes sense could be a very unique build) or Pym technologies building.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

The Baxter Building seems like a prime contender for 2025 when the Fantastic Four make their MCU debut. I think its going to come down to either that or the Daily Planet from Superman Legacy depending on which film gets the bigger marketing push.

Oscorp is another option but they might wait until the Bugle has retired before coming out with another Spider-Man themed modular.

Beyond those two I could see them moving away from the modular building format in favor of stand alone D2C sets. We're already expecting that to be the case with the X-Mansion next year but Asgard and the Avengers Compound could also be done in a similar fashion.

I would not mind an Asgard microbuild exterior with minifig scale interior. Doesn’t have to be modular. I WANT Odin, Frigga and Heimdall minifigs.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

As others have said, Baxter Building and Oscorp are the two obvious choices. Depending on how Daredevil Born Again does (and if they include it in the series), the law office of Nelson and Murdock. Not the most exciting choice, but could have a solid minifigure selection.

See if they approached the Marvel modulars like they do with the Creator modulars (a couple of building in one set), it could work perfectly for N&M. Would be a great pairing with Alias Investigations, Heroes for Hire office (which while not accurate, could both be in a singular building), Fogwell's Gym and the Bar with No Name

And boom, the perfect Defenders set

4 hours ago, Toast said:

We know the comic based Spider Man sets before the Bugle were a way to cheapen the load of creating new characters for the Bugle, so with next year's sets including Venomized villains, the obvious answer is a Venomized Daily Bugle :laugh:

1 hour ago, HatBricks said:

For Marvel Modulars, I think it would be pretty neat if they tried some more experimental ideas too. Something like a Wakandan Embassy (even if it doesn't quite makes sense could be a very unique build) or Pym technologies building.

A Pym Tech building would be incredible if they use inspiration from AMatW. Oversized batteries and equipment would be so cool to see. After all these years I still love the idea of the first Ant Man set giving us giant LEGO bricks and screws, yet they've never tried to do anything similar since, not even for a comic based Ant Man. He needs some more love, not just sprinkling microfigures into every other set

1 hour ago, NXS7 said:

We know the comic based Spider Man sets before the Bugle were a way to cheapen the load of creating new characters for the Bugle, so with next year's sets including Venomized villains, the obvious answer is a Venomized Daily Bugle :laugh:

Not included: Eddie Brock, Symbiote-suit Spider-Man.

2 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Not included: Eddie Brock, Symbiote-suit Spider-Man.

Is included: Venomized J Jonah Jameson

On 8/20/2023 at 1:46 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No.

That would be a horrible idea.

LMAO you don't have to be so harsh lol. 

Although I'm not sure how they would create Lizard, as he is bigger / would look wonky as a minifig. Any ideas on that middle ground between minifig and small buildable creature?

17 hours ago, Toast said:

I'm sure it must be their best selling sets out of all the Marvel sets

Just out of curiosity, do we actually know that? I mean both the Bugle and the Sanctum seem to be popular with fans, but the Sanctum at least also seems to be on sale a lot.

19 hours ago, Toast said:

I really hope for an Oscorp Modular. The Bugle had a tease for Curt Conners and he'd make perfect sense to be included in it.

There's so many villian origin stories they could fit into the building too, have Electros Eel Pool, Dr Octopus's arms, the Lizards serum, Harry Osbornes cure and Goblin stuff.

Plus you'd have radioactive Spiders etc.

Eventually though, I'd like to see DC get a similar treatment,  Wayne Tower and Arkham Asylum would be amazing.

Edited by Undi3sss
Typo

On 8/21/2023 at 12:53 PM, Toast said:

I'd like a Knowhere modular, similar in style to Ninjago city or City Markets. It would be a great way to get some of the GotG figures we're missing and could be crammed with easter eggs and references. Lego do keep returning to the guardians of the galaxy so there is a small part of me that thinks this is possible!

Hank Pym's house in the films would also make a good modular. It's not an iconic scene, but would appeal to modular fans in general and MCU fans if it had some decent Ant Man references/figures. 

Just found the CMF in Asda. Picked some up blindly so excited to see what I get. 

On 8/21/2023 at 3:53 PM, psqidexslizer said:

Depending on how Daredevil Born Again does (and if they include it in the series), the law office of Nelson and Murdock. Not the most exciting choice, but could have a solid minifigure selection. 

I'd love that personally. In fact, more Marvel modulars on the smaller side would be very welcome. 

I love seeing the massive sets but after Avengers Tower I don't know if I can realistically keep buying these anymore. 

Unless I get a significantly better paying job and buy a bigger house :grin:

CMF Update: Got Hawkeye and Goliath 

Fine with the first but the second is one of the two figures I have no interest in. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by SEmrys

Looking at the brickset review and yeah they really massacred Logan's haircut. Also the arm printing doesn't work for me, the hairs are okay but  they should've stuck with just them, the blue patches don't work at all. 

12 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Looking at the brickset review and yeah they really massacred Logan's haircut. Also the arm printing doesn't work for me, the hairs are okay but  they should've stuck with just them, the blue patches don't work at all. 

they totally couldve just taken away the blue and given him a blue shoulderpad, would have worked much better imo

On 8/22/2023 at 1:27 AM, brickbride said:

Just out of curiosity, do we actually know that? I mean both the Bugle and the Sanctum seem to be popular with fans, but the Sanctum at least also seems to be on sale a lot.

Yeah, I should have said best well received by fans. I have no idea what the sales were on those sets, so good point. I just found them to be extremely popular among the Lego community

Are the minifigures out in the wild yet? Been looking around here in the Netherlands but so far no luck :/ Is the street date strict?

32 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

Are the minifigures out in the wild yet? Been looking around here in the Netherlands but so far no luck :/ Is the street date strict?

Found a box in Tesco last week, someone got to it first but thankfully left some. 

On 8/22/2023 at 9:03 AM, Undi3sss said:

I really hope for an Oscorp Modular.

Honestly this one I don't see happening.

Not because it's a bad idea (I do like it, I think it has potential for a cool build and minifigs), but because it's something so unlike lego to do.

Like I could see them doing a smaller 50€ Oscorp lab set, but I think a D2C would be too much for them.

19 hours ago, SEmrys said:

CMF Update: Got Hawkeye and Goliath 

Fine with the first

Wdym fine? Aren't you excited to post about it in the official Jeremy Renner app?

On 8/21/2023 at 4:53 PM, psqidexslizer said:

As others have said, Baxter Building and Oscorp are the two obvious choices. Depending on how Daredevil Born Again does (and if they include it in the series), the law office of Nelson and Murdock. Not the most exciting choice, but could have a solid minifigure selection.

Baxter Building is a cool idea and I could see it happening in +5 years when people actually start caring about Fantastic 4 again.

Nelson and Murdock is an idea so good I don't see it happening solely because Lego would rather keep the Law Firm building for the regular modulars (mfw no Better Call Saul sets either)

I really dont see a reason another giant Spidey UCS modular would happen. Everybody's naming the Marvel skyscrapers, but theres little reason to do that woth the same 20 Spidey villains (even the bugle had to be filled out with extra civillian figs).

Like maybe the Baxter building but I'd really argue nobody really knows the building other than "base of the F4."

I think a pair of buildings like other modulars would make a lot more sense, like Nelson & Murdock, an alley, and a high rise with some apartments for Peter/MJ, etc...

Honestly the X Mansion being a modular UCS makes more sense than anything else, especially if theres a blackbird coming next year.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Baxter Building is a cool idea and I could see it happening in +5 years when people actually start caring about Fantastic 4 again.

Bold of you to assume anyone will care about the Fantastic Four 5+ years from now.

5 minutes ago, thebricksbear said:

Honestly the X Mansion being a modular UCS makes more sense than anything else, especially if theres a blackbird coming next year.

X-Mansion doesn’t make sense as a modular building. The whole point of modular buildings is they connect together. The X-Mansion is all off by itself in the middle of nowhere.

edit: same argument goes for Arkham Asylum since I see that being brought up all the time as a possible modular building.

Edited by psqidexslizer