Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Day 3 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 3

Also Merry Brickmas to all who celebrate

Avengers Tower Christmas Party

Figures: Hulk Hogan, Darcy (even if inaccurate, let's give her a generic Avengers Christmas sweater), 2x Iron Legion

Build: Christmas tree & fireplace diorama sprinkled with Avengers references and presents

Also a bonus Christmas hat build (like in the link above) to add to your own Avengers Tower

Would've said Hulkbuster but I imagine we'd get it in the Legacy line anyway

Edited by NXS7

53 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Day 3 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 3

Also Merry Brickmas to all who celebrate

Hide contents

Avengers Tower Christmas Party

Figures: Hulk Hogan, Darcy (even if inaccurate, let's give her a generic Avengers Christmas sweater), 2x Iron Legion

Build: Christmas tree & fireplace diorama sprinkled with Avengers references and presents

Also a bonus Christmas hat build (like in the link above) to add to your own Avengers Tower

Would've said Hulkbuster but I imagine we'd get it in the Legacy line anyway

I can see this episode being used for the 2024 Advent Calendar. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If it get us a decently priced Iron Legion soldier, I'm all for it. There were a couple years there where the Iron Legion fig was one of the more expensive suits, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Still, though, it'd be an excellent setting for the Advent Calendar.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Not sure if I could see it, it's just one episode, and a whole year (or at least 9 months) away. It was a good episode though, and of course I'd like them to do stuff for it, hence my daily reminders that this show is an underrated goldmine that LEGO needs to investe in pickaxes for

My predictions for the next advent calendar though, would either be Spider Man/Venom or X-Men 97 based (depending on how many sets we get throughout the year)

21 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Not sure if I could see it, it's just one episode, and a whole year (or at least 9 months) away. It was a good episode though, and of course I'd like them to do stuff for it

True, but this episode gives us a canon reason for Christmas sweater variants! Also, depending on what we get (show/movie-wise) next year, this might be the only holiday special to draw from. 
I can see the Minifigs being: Iron Man, Elf Cap, Sweater Banner, Iron Legion drone, Justin Hammer, Darcy, and Hulk Happy. The Hulkbuster could be a build, along with the lab, some furniture and decorations for the Avengers Tower living room, and a large Santa hat. 

35 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

My predictions for the next advent calendar though, would either be Spider Man/Venom or X-Men 97 based (depending on how many sets we get throughout the year)

Unless Marvel is planning to lean heavily into ‘97, I am not sure that LEGO will include the X-Men in an Advent Calendar beyond just Wolverine. 

20 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Unless Marvel is planning to lean heavily into ‘97, I am not sure that LEGO will include the X-Men in an Advent Calendar beyond just Wolverine. 

As iconic as Wolvie is, he’s been featured ad nauseam.

However, I can actually see him in an ugly sweater slashing packages open, featured in an advent calendar.

34 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

True, but this episode gives us a canon reason for Christmas sweater variants! Also, depending on what we get (show/movie-wise) next year, this might be the only holiday special to draw from. 
I can see the Minifigs being: Iron Man, Elf Cap, Sweater Banner, Iron Legion drone, Justin Hammer, Darcy, and Hulk Happy. The Hulkbuster could be a build, along with the lab, some furniture and decorations for the Avengers Tower living room, and a large Santa hat. 

It would be a ton of fun to unbox different parts of the hulkbuster each day, I'm not even joking. Obviously it would be smaller than the mainline ones (and therefore more accurate) but a little hulkbuster about 2/3 the size of the $15 mechs could be a lot of fun.

10 minutes ago, hikouki said:

However, I can actually see him in an ugly sweater slashing packages open, featured in an advent calendar.

I can't believe we didn't get this last year.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can't believe we didn't get this last year.

All the more they can feature him this coming year and say they haven’t neglected the X-Men, and actually feature the ‘group’ a lot. Lol 

5 hours ago, hikouki said:

As iconic as Wolvie is, he’s been featured ad nauseam.

I agree, which is precisely why I think that he is the most/only likely X-Mas-Man. 

Did the Insomniac Spider-Man games ever get any Lego sets? With the new Wolverine video game by Insomniac leaked, I'm curious if we might get tie-in sets for that eventually when it comes out in 2025.

36 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Did the Insomniac Spider-Man games ever get any Lego sets? With the new Wolverine video game by Insomniac leaked, I'm curious if we might get tie-in sets for that eventually when it comes out in 2025.

Both Peter and Miles were released as exclusive figures from Comic Con and a Sony giveaway respectively, plus depending on who you ask, the 2021-present Doc Ock figure is apparently based on the game (I wouldn't say that, they look nothing alike). But no actual sets for the games

29 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Both Peter and Miles were released as exclusive figures from Comic Con and a Sony giveaway respectively, plus depending on who you ask, the 2021-present Doc Ock figure is apparently based on the game (I wouldn't say that, they look nothing alike). But no actual sets for the games

Thanks for confirming. Seems like the best we could expect is exclusive minifigures then for Comic-Con. The game's two main protagonists will be Wolverine and Jean Grey so hopefully Lego will make them like they did with Peter and Miles.

Day 4 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 4

Tony Stark's Sakaaran Hulkbuster

Figures could be Tony Stark, Valkyrie and... maybe someone else. Could throw the Watcher in here, it is his show after all

Gamora looked cool, maybe a figure of her somewhere else to complement the episode

Grandmaster's Chariot

Figures: Gamora (GotG1 variant) and Grandmaster

Builds: Gamora and Grandmaster's racers

It's nice after 2 years to be able to say grey Valkyrie wasn't inaccurate (at least for What If, still was in the Endgame pack)

Edited by NXS7

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

1 hour ago, NXS7 said:

And the Spider-Man minifigure we've been getting since 2021 is the Classic Suit from the games, but besides that, Lego likes to pretend that no one wants sets based on the Insomniac games.

Maybe they got cold feet after making a whole wave based off the Square Enix Avengers game in 2020, only to find out the game would be a huge flop.

51 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Seems like the best we could expect is exclusive minifigures then for Comic-Con. 

Comic-con exclusives are dead tho, and good riddance I say :laugh_hard: I dance on the concept‘s grave

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Comic-con exclusives are dead tho, and good riddance I say :laugh_hard: I dance on the concept‘s grave

The one COVID-related death that I actually celebrate! 

Mtdbricks has a list of summer sets :-O

76286: 170$
76287: 15$
76288: 25$
76290: 60$
76291: 110$
76297: 60$

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ^^

22 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

76287 is definitely a mech; I am not seeing anything that would be the X-Mansion, unless 76286 is a prelim-style facade. 🫤

15 minuti fa, Classic_Spaceman ha detto:

76287 è sicuramente un mech; non vedo nulla che sarebbe la X-Mansion, a meno che 76286 non sia una facciata prelim-style. 🫤

In truth it could be many things... maybe a Wolverine motorbike against Sabretooth... 110 and 170 are interesting if they were playsets, but I'm afraid it's something buildable like a hammer and shield

15 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

In truth it could be many things... maybe a Wolverine motorbike against Sabretooth... 110 and 170 are interesting if they were playsets, but I'm afraid it's something buildable like a hammer and shield

At 110, it's roughly in line with the black base 'final Battle' sets they made for NWH and Endgame - would be very cool to see for another movie. Age of Ultron? I know we're very likely to see some more sets based on that movie to justify some Avengers Tower figs 

Not much to go off of as usual with these price lists, but it's nice to see a $15 in a summer wave! Hopefully not a mech though and instead something like the Cap & Black Widow bikes, just something a bit more interesting than that please :tongue:

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

76287 is definitely a mech; I am not seeing anything that would be the X-Mansion, unless 76286 is a prelim-style facade. 🫤

There doesn't look to be an Advent Calendar in there either. Mtdbricks did imply in the post that there should be more sets beyond the numbers that are listed.

8 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

At 110, it's roughly in line with the black base 'final Battle' sets they made for NWH and Endgame - would be very cool to see for another movie. Age of Ultron? 

That would explain the leaked Quicksilver torso, though I feel like the team shot from the first Avengers is more likely (as all necessary Minifigs exist). 

10 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE ^^

Merry Christmas!

$15 fella is probably a mech, though we have been getting a few nice small sets, so maybe we will actually get something nice.

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The X-mansion D2C could easily be november, though. Seeing as the advent isn't here and some are saying this isn't the full list, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Edited by Mandalorianknight