Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I get why they want the differentiation, especially for a preschool show (I don't even have kids and I can see the frustration of a kid saying he wants to be spider-man for halloween and refusing to elaborate further on WHICH ONE), but SPIN? AGAIN? WHAT DOES SPINNING HAVE TO DO WITH MILES OR SPIDERS?

They explained it in this short, not the first name I'd go with but then again, I'm not the intended audience lol. 

14 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Also, this marks our fifth weird Electro variant (TASM2, Ultimate, Duplo, NWH, Amazing Friends) before we finally get a classic suit... has to be an in-joke at this point, surely. 

Oh it 1000% is. Lego has been dangling the idea of a classic Electro in our faces ever since the preliminary leaks of the Spider-Trike set from 2014 that showed a green/yellow Electro minifigure...only to end up getting the Ultimate version in the final set (probably as a TASM 2 tie-in even though we got that Electro as a polybag afterwards).

And after the designers included this newspaper print in the Bugle, they just seem to be getting off on our misery at this point. 

3068bpb1730.png

Edited by TheBatstan

Lego is terrible at revealing things, they either reveal it too late or reveal stuff no one cares about first, I mean why can't they just reveal Marvel and Star Wars first ? 

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm responding to you specifically because you explained the in-show reason, but EVERYONE, I GET IT, SPIDERS SPIN WEBS. This does not change my reaction. You may as well call him "crawl", or "waterspout", or "bottle of raid".

I like that the 4+ show gives him a different super hero name to differentiate him from Peter, but I refuse to accept spin. 

Also, why Spin and not Spinner? Spinner feels more like a name, spin sounds more like an action.

Shadow Spider is cool and fits with Ghost Spider being Gwen's name, even if I personally still prefer Arachnid. 

He's been called this for YEARS? WHAT? This has been happening for YEARS and no one's found a better name?

Yeah, it's really weird that we haven't seen the January wave yet. I'm getting a little concerned.

The dude calling out nitpicking is losing it over the name used on a kid's show. :iamded_lol::roflmao:

7 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Oh it 1000% is. Lego has been dangling the idea of a classic Electro in our faces ever since the preliminary leaks of the Spider-Trike set from 2014 that showed a green/yellow Electro minifigure...only to end up getting the Ultimate version in the final set (probably as a TASM 2 tie-in even though we got that Electro as a polybag afterwards).

And after the designers included this newspaper print in the Bugle, they just seem to be getting off on our misery at this point. 

The Bugle would have been a perfect place to introduce comic Electro and Lizard, but at the same time, I don't remember it having any new molds, so maybe they didn't have that budget allocated.

1 minute ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

The dude calling out nitpicking is losing it over the name used on a kid's show. :iamded_lol::roflmao:

The dude who spent pages arguing about something we have no indication will be relevant anytime soon is unable to process comedy :iamded_lol::roflmao:

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

The Bugle would have been a perfect place to introduce comic Electro and Lizard, but at the same time, I don't remember it having any new molds, so maybe they didn't have that budget allocated.

The dude who spent pages arguing about something we have no indication will be relevant anytime soon is unable to process comedy :iamded_lol::roflmao:

Calm down, I was joking, too.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup, and that bigfig Rhino from one of the other newspaper prints. But considering how all the figures were either leftovers from other sets, cobbled together civilians, or new figures with no new molds, they couldn't have been on the list anyways. 

2 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

They explained it in this short, not the first name I'd go with but then again, I'm not the intended audience lol. 

Uncanny how Peter looks exactly like Tobey Maguire

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The ogre has fallen in love with the princess :iamded_lol::roflmao:

25 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Yup, and that bigfig Rhino from one of the other newspaper prints. But considering how all the figures were either leftovers from other sets, cobbled together civilians, or new figures with no new molds, they couldn't have been on the list anyways. 

Yeah, I totally get not wanting to decimate the set's budget on a bigfig, too. But now that all they'd need is a single new mold for the horns (or realistically, not even a new mold and just a 1x1 with clip and a large horn piece on top), there's nothing stopping them from putting him in a future set, right?

...right, guys?

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Uncanny how Peter looks exactly like Tobey Maguire

That's actually just Tobey Maguire. They got him to voice spidey in this and he demanded it be live-action, so it's just him acting on a green screen that then has the cartoon playing around it.

the lego instruction site has been updated, but no word on any of the mcu january sets, wonder if they are saving them for another day

4 minutes ago, Surge said:

the lego instruction site has been updated, but no word on any of the mcu january sets, wonder if they are saving them for another day

I dunno. We got the spidey and harry potter sets around a day ago, speed champions and the sonic polybag not long after, and just now got the star wars sets. I think the january marvel wave leaks/is revealed any minute now.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I dunno. We got the spidey and harry potter sets around a day ago, speed champions and the sonic polybag not long after, and just now got the star wars sets. I think the january marvel wave leaks/is revealed any minute now.

all of those sets were on the instructions sites a few hours before the images dropped, so its not looking likely

id be shocked if we dont see them soon tho, within the week im betting, as far as i can remember its all thats missing

5 minuti fa, BusterNut31 ha detto:

Haha li rivelano sempre per ultimi! Almeno Star Wars ha rivelato alcuni set.

Always last as if it were the most important line, but the budget is from series B: No new molds, few prints, repeated characters etc...

Better images of buildable Rocket just leaked. And it’s just as horrifying as expected.

Edited by psqidexslizer

23 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Better images of buildable Rocket just leaked. And it’s just as horrifying as expected.

Yeah, the Buildable items, helmets ect are some of my favourite sets to collect. 

This will not be joining the collection.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's extremely weird that Rocket is so well-built, but his face is absolutely horrifying. Those teeth are the stuff of nightmares.

For me, it’s those eyes. Those haunting, lifeless, soul-piercing eyes.

16 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Lego is terrible at revealing things, they either reveal it too late or reveal stuff no one cares about first, I mean why can't they just reveal Marvel and Star Wars first ? 

Failing to cater to your specific interests is not the same thing as being terrible at revealing things.

Well, last year Marvel was one of the first and now we're the last. Lego really is unpredictable like that. I suspect we'll see them tonight, alongside the rest of Star Wars sets.

Edited by The_Fiery_Rooster

3 hours ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

alongside the rest of Star Wars sets.

hahahahahha....hahahahahhahaa.....hahahahahaha.... this is it, man. All star wars has for january is the battle pack, 4+ set, and polybag. Our January waves have been gutted for this theme.

But yeah, we'll see marvel tonight is my guess. Just about every other set has leaked.

58 minuti fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

hahahahahha....hahahahahhahaa.....hahahahahaha.... questo è tutto, amico. Tutto ciò che Star Wars ha per gennaio è il battle pack, il set 4+ e il polybag. Le nostre onde di gennaio sono state sventrare per questo tema.

Ma sì, vedremo Marvel stasera è la mia ipotesi. Quasi ogni altro set è trapelato.

Isn't there also the $140 Skeleton Crew Ship?

(Let's hope Marvel is on the way :-p)

15 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Isn't there also the $140 Skeleton Crew Ship?

(Let's hope Marvel is on the way :-p)

No, that's been delayed an unknown amount of time- the show itself is supposedly either nearly done or fully finished, but disney's inexplicably delayed it, supposedly all the way to holiday 2024!

My guess is Marvel'll be tonight, but you never know.

4 minuti fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

No, è stato ritardato per un periodo di tempo sconosciuto: lo spettacolo stesso è presumibilmente quasi finito o completamente finito, ma Disney lo ha inspiegabilmente ritardato, presumibilmente fino alle vacanze del 2024!

La mia ipotesi è che la Marvel sarà stasera, ma non si sa mai.

Ah, I don't follow SW much anymore and I'm not updated... if the images don't come out this evening can we hope tomorrow or do we go to Monday? I don't remember if it works on Sundays