Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I'm sure it will be regular yellow if Wolverine and Rogue are anything to go by. The only character who should be using bright orange is Jean Grey.

I am curious how the rest of Cyclops' uniform will look whether they go with regular blue or dark blue. I'm guessing the hair will also be dark orange like Rogue's as well.

Just looking at the promo art, his suit is the same color as Beast’s speedo. So dark blue would make sense.

2 hours ago, Callistereo said:

When in 2024 does that new Spider-Man NWH set with Lizard come out?

Should be Jan 1. I look forewords to staying up until midnight to secure a purchase.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Should be Jan 1. I look forewords to staying up until midnight to secure a purchase.

Wouldnt you stay up all night on december 31 anyway?

1 ora fa, PGBQW ha detto:

Non staresti comunque sveglio tutta la notte il 31 dicembre?

If you are over 40 and have children it is not so obvious :-D

This Tower is magnificent! I can't wait to see the reviews with the combination with the various modulars. I will definitely buy a copy on the first day and a second as soon as there is some tasty offer. Now we're waiting for the images from January and some rumors about next summer!!!

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Same here! Holding off on buying the NWH Final Battle until this set also releases (gah, the half-assed Green Goblin figure still bothers the hell out of me). Really excited to see the X-Jet too though the ridiculously small piece count concerns me.

Unlikely as it is, I do hope the leaks about the Spidey and Electro figures just being reuses from the Final Battle set aren’t true.

Avengers Tower looks great, however I agree with the sentiment that it looks quite sparse and hollow inside. For a set this expensive and large, I’d have expected less of a sparse interior, though it’s appreciated that a lot of pieces have gone into just achieving the overall shape and structure of the building itself.

Edited by Kaijumeister

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Wouldnt you stay up all night on december 31 anyway?

Honestly that's not really a thing most people in my area do. 

6 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Same here! Holding off on buying the NWH Final Battle until this set also releases (gah, the half-assed Green Goblin figure still bothers the hell out of me).

It is annoying, but there are some modifications you can make to improve him a little bit:

2.jpg

The dark green instead of green is more of a preference, but I think using the Palpatine head is a pretty solid improvement. I also beefed up his glider a bit to make the shape more accurate.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly that's not really a thing most people in my area do. 

It is annoying, but there are some modifications you can make to improve him a little bit:

2.jpg

The dark green instead of green is more of a preference, but I think using the Palpatine head is a pretty solid improvement. I also beefed up his glider a bit to make the shape more accurate.

I don't think this looks any better I'm afraid. 

Watching the designers video of the Avengers Tower and when asked “is this the most exciting Marvel set ever released” they all paused and essentially said “until next year, the future one is awesome”.

This makes me cautiously optimistic for a big 2024 Marvel set, if they’re managing to somehow hype it up now rather than the one they’re meant to be advertising.

4 minutes ago, Chris10 said:

Watching the designers video of the Avengers Tower and when asked “is this the most exciting Marvel set ever released” they all paused and essentially said “until next year, the future one is awesome”.

This makes me cautiously optimistic for a big 2024 Marvel set, if they’re managing to somehow hype it up now rather than the one they’re meant to be advertising.

I guess they’re going all out on the X-Mansion. Makes sense. It IS, after all, the 15th anniversary of the BEST X-Men movie. 😁

Edited by psqidexslizer

1 ora fa, Chris10 ha detto:

Guardando il video dei designer della Torre degli Avengers e quando gli è stato chiesto "questo è il set Marvel più emozionante mai rilasciato" si sono tutti fermati e hanno essenzialmente detto "fino al prossimo anno, quello futuro è fantastico".

Questo mi rende cautamente ottimista per un grande set Marvel del 2024, se stanno riuscendo a pubblicizzarlo in qualche modo ora piuttosto che quello che dovrebbero pubblicizzare.

So it's definitely not the Mansion we saw haha...

Well, I don't think anyone would admit that the next one would be less beautiful :-p so I wouldn't give too much importance to a similar sentence... but interesting as it confirms that we will have a great set too 'next year.

The Tower was announced very early, even December 2022 if I'm not mistaken, so we could have info very soon. Very exciting

32 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Well, I don't think anyone would admit that the next one would be less beautiful :-p so I wouldn't give too much importance to a similar sentence

I agree, but when you’re trying to promote the Avengers Tower and someone asks you if it’s the most exciting build, you’d typically answer “yes of course!” 

Watching the video they all unanimously went “errrr, not compared to next years”!

22 minutes ago, Chris10 said:

I agree, but when you’re trying to promote the Avengers Tower and someone asks you if it’s the most exciting build, you’d typically answer “yes of course!” 

Watching the video they all unanimously went “errrr, not compared to next years”!

I don't speak English and I don't understand the designers' words :-( well, then let's hope that all this emphasis in the answer is justified!!!

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

They were obviously about the venomized venomarine.

Venomized Avengers Tower! With Venomized variants of all of the characters! 

If next year is a modular X-mansion, I'm curious what they'll do to make it drastically different from the Modular museum other than the obvious differences like color and interior. I would imagine it would have to be 48x32 studs and feature a similar architecture style.

That being said I've noticed the icons modular line and the marvel modular line have similar features such as the Daily Bugle and Police station both being an art deco architecture style and featuring a green newspaper stand, and the sanctum and boutique hotel both being a corner building and having similar color patterns. The outlier is the Jazz club and Avengers Tower but the Jazz club was originally supposed to be a newspaper press so maybe there was something similar there originally?

Maybe I'm just over thinking it but I'm curious if this is done on purpose. 

22 minutes ago, Toast said:

If next year is a modular X-mansion, I'm curious what they'll do to make it drastically different from the Modular museum other than the obvious differences like color and interior. I would imagine it would have to be 48x32 studs and feature a similar architecture style.

They might add big wings to it, or at least that is what I'd guess to perhaps emphasis its size.

I also don't know if I'd bet on it being modular, it doesn't seem like it's usually in a city, is it?

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

That being said I've noticed the icons modular line and the marvel modular line have similar features such as the Daily Bugle and Police station both being an art deco architecture style and featuring a green newspaper stand, and the sanctum and boutique hotel both being a corner building and having similar color patterns. The outlier is the Jazz club and Avengers Tower but the Jazz club was originally supposed to be a newspaper press so maybe there was something similar there originally?

Maybe I'm just over thinking it but I'm curious if this is done on purpose. 

Color scheme for one. The museum is green while the X-Mansion is dark orange (at least, in X-Men ‘97 it is). They could also make the mansion bigger. Instead of 48x32 and two stories, they could go with 64x32 and three stories. Would it be huge? Yes. Is that a problem? Not for me. 😁 Then there’s other small changes such as the porch design and the dome at the top. And, like you said, the interior would be very different. I imagine Cerebro will be included which could be a very interesting build, especially if they base it on the movies. The danger room also seems like an obvious candidate and that could also be a very fun build depending on what play features they decide to include. 

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

If next year is a modular X-mansion, I'm curious what they'll do to make it drastically different from the Modular museum other than the obvious differences like color and interior. 

There are a few different designs that they can use; the animated series version, or one of the designs from the movies (this or this). I would lean more towards the movie design in light of Avengers Tower being based more on Avengers than AoU, but this version might look too similar to Hogwarts for LEGO to go with it; the animated series design is sufficiently different from both Hogwarts and the natural history museum that I think it will be the one that LEGO chooses. 

24 minutes ago, Toast said:

I would imagine it would have to be 48x32 studs and feature a similar architecture style.

I would go with 64x32, personally, as there needs to be space for the central hall and the wings on each side. 

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

They might add big wings to it, or at least that is what I'd guess to perhaps emphasis its size.

I also don't know if I'd bet on it being modular, it doesn't seem like it's usually in a city, is it?

It usually isn’t, but they could either 1) stick it in the city anyways or 2) stick with the modular format but remove the sidewalk in the front.

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I would go with 64x32, personally, as there needs to be space for the central hall and the wings on each side. 

Just to give some idea of what that could look like, here’s my X-Mansion which is 64x32.

F-iJKb6XoAA9rTt?format=jpg&name=large

7 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Just to give some idea of what that could look like, here’s my X-Mansion which is 64x32.

While I suspect that the official version will go up to the front edge, rather than leaving a large amount of ‘yard’, this is precisely what I had in-mind (though it does need a third floor). Anything smaller than 64x32 would feel underscaled - Especially in comparison to Avengers Tower! 

54 minutes ago, hvader said:

Wow they pushed Captain America to 2025... Will they delay the set too?

Not surprising, considering that the strikes have only just ended. I suspect that whether the set gets delayed will depend upon its release date; a January release will probably be kept, but March/April will likely be pushed at least into 2HY 2024.