Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Hi folks! Haven’t posted here before (if I recall correctly, that is) and wanted to ask whether we have confirmed a minifigure lineup for the upcoming Avengers Tower? 

I looked at the images of the Endgame Final Battle and does anyone else see the Captain America shield is black now? Am I seeing things? Lately it’s been silver or bluish grey and printed on the front. Does this one look like it’s black with print on the front?

10 hours ago, thenudeorganist said:

Hi folks! Haven’t posted here before (if I recall correctly, that is) and wanted to ask whether we have confirmed a minifigure lineup for the upcoming Avengers Tower? 

No, we haven't so far, unfortunately. 

JSpielwaren posted a video of the NWH set on IG, showcasing the minifigs. I‘m not sure if the set actually comes with the unmasked Spidey faces shown here, or if they just added them for the video *oh2*

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

JSpielwaren posted a video of the NWH set on IG, showcasing the minifigs. I‘m not sure if the set actually comes with the unmasked Spidey faces shown here, or if they just added them for the video *oh2*

From what you can see I think they look great. Andrew especially.  Hopefully they aren't customs! 

squiz18, that version, if people discover it. Might change nay sayers to aye, for 76210 Hulkbuster.

2 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Also came across this. Looks like a better version of the hulkbuster using the same pieces from the set.

it's a different version, it's not better. It's very anonymous, obviously it's not something designed by lego... if I want a hulkbuster not designed by lego I buy hot toys or sideshow or a thousand other brands. these mocs are good for watching 2 minutes at the exhibition, they are not alternative to the official version :-p

2 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

it's a different version, it's not better. It's very anonymous, obviously it's not something designed by lego... if I want a hulkbuster not designed by lego I buy hot toys or sideshow or a thousand other brands. these mocs are good for watching 2 minutes at the exhibition, they are not alternative to the official version :-p

Considering it uses the same Lego parts that come in the set and it visually looks better than the official version (i.e. the proportions are better) the only real difference is that he isn't employed by Lego and the set hasn't gone through their QA process (for what thats worth). Lego is still Lego regardless of who designs it so why does it matter if they are an employee of Lego? Maybe something has been lost in translation?

Well, to no one’s surprise Lego reused faces for all 3 Spider-Men in Statue of Liberty set. And they all don’t fit at all, and Tobey even got inaccurate hairpiece, when combed over piece was better. Lego just raised prices and still can’t be bothered to add some attention to details Marvel sets. Like Tom Holland just had his unique face in Cmf, why didn’t they reuse it here? It’s already created, just reprint it and use! The set is already overpriced, and accurate faces would help  people see more value in the set. Lego is so greedy lately it’s ridiculous at this point.

3 hours ago, squiz18 said:

All the spider faces are now on instagram. Andrew is definitely the best, the other two are pretty generic. 

Also came across this. Looks like a better version of the hulkbuster using the same pieces from the set. 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-149429/Ransom_Fern/76210-iron-man-mark-44-hulkbuster-alternate-build/#details

Jeez. Props to @Ransom Fern, he continues to show his mechanical being design is unparalleled (ROTB optimus alt build please!), but the main thing I get from this is that the hulkbuster was so badly designed that you can literally take the pieces IN THAT SET and make a better version of it. This isn't the general thing of a moc being better than the official set. This uses the same parts as the set, and while I can't speak to this specific model, Fern's stuff is usually pretty stable, so the usual reasons MOCs look better don't apply. 

While you can put at least some of the blame on the official model having to fit the large iron man fig, Fern clearly shows the hulkbuster could have been done significantly better. IMO, this shows the depths of the issues with lego marvel. It's not just that we get weird set choices like the BP bust. It's not just that sets have low budgets or poorly allocated budgets leading to subpar figs. The biggest lego marvel set of all time was poorly designed.

30 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well, to no one’s surprise Lego reused faces for all 3 Spider-Men in Statue of Liberty set. And they all don’t fit at all, and Tobey even got inaccurate hairpiece, when combed over piece was better. Lego just raised prices and still can’t be bothered to add some attention to details Marvel sets. Like Tom Holland just had his unique face in Cmf, why didn’t they reuse it here? It’s already created, just reprint it and use! The set is already overpriced, and accurate faces would help  people see more value in the set. Lego is so greedy lately it’s ridiculous at this point.

Hard disagree. For one thing, I think Andrew's head/hair specifically look perfect. And of course we're getting re-used faces. I they had had new face prints, everyone would complain that the print budget was allocated to that instead of, say, leg printing for goblin or something. But my main point is that the hair/heads are extras, and something we very rarely get.
In general, lego marvel is definately having quality issues. Even in that set, figs like Goblin are very subpar, and missing figs like Lizard are noticeable. But the spare heads being re-uses is such a minor thing compared to everything else that IMO, complaining about it just makes the larger quality issues blend in with complaints like this.

OH MY GOD THEY ACTUALLY USED THE HAN SOLO HEAD FOR TOBEY

Not even the right hairpiece or color at all either. Something like the 2018 Bruce banner or the Luke Skywalker head with the Sheldon/Coulson/Robin hair in dark brown would’ve been perfect

Edited by LemonFlavouredBleach

Is it a coincidence that exabrickslegogo is proposing Beast may have the ogre jaw piece,

while Brick_Clicker hints at a character with a witch hat?

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

while Brick_Clicker hints at a character with a witch hat?

That piece very likely stems from the Hocus Pocus Ideas set :classic:

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Jeez. Props to @Ransom Fern, he continues to show his mechanical being design is unparalleled (ROTB optimus alt build please!), but the main thing I get from this is that the hulkbuster was so badly designed that you can literally take the pieces IN THAT SET and make a better version of it. This isn't the general thing of a moc being better than the official set. This uses the same parts as the set, and while I can't speak to this specific model, Fern's stuff is usually pretty stable, so the usual reasons MOCs look better don't apply. 

While you can put at least some of the blame on the official model having to fit the large iron man fig, Fern clearly shows the hulkbuster could have been done significantly better. IMO, this shows the depths of the issues with lego marvel. It's not just that we get weird set choices like the BP bust. It's not just that sets have low budgets or poorly allocated budgets leading to subpar figs. The biggest lego marvel set of all time was poorly designed.

Hard disagree. For one thing, I think Andrew's head/hair specifically look perfect. And of course we're getting re-used faces. I they had had new face prints, everyone would complain that the print budget was allocated to that instead of, say, leg printing for goblin or something. But my main point is that the hair/heads are extras, and something we very rarely get.
In general, lego marvel is definately having quality issues. Even in that set, figs like Goblin are very subpar, and missing figs like Lizard are noticeable. But the spare heads being re-uses is such a minor thing compared to everything else that IMO, complaining about it just makes the larger quality issues blend in with complaints like this.

Jim’s face matches Andrew expression but not accurate as he has slight stubble, hairpiece for Andrew works though.Tobey is way worse though as that Han Solo face just doesn’t work for him and they included inaccurate hairpiece too.

As far as quality goes Marvel theme is in legos doghouse. Both Star Wars and Harry Potter get way better minifigs than Marvel. It’s like Lego doesn’t even care about quality in Marvel sets…

The instagram account that revealed the endgame set shared this list of cmf accessories

• HAWKEVE (BOW, QUIVER AND OWL)
  • KATE BISHOP (BOW., OLIVER, BULLSEYE AND LUCKY THE PIZZA DOG)
  • MDON KNIGHT (MOON BLADES. GOLDEN 1X1 FLAT TILE AND CAPE)
  • MR. KNIGHT (IX2 BRICK WITH CUS THE FISH, 3 FLAT SILVER STICKS AND COLD BAR PIECE, BUT BLACK)
  • AGATHA (CAPE, 2 BOOK PIECES, PURPLE POWERS AND IX2 FLAT TILE)
  • WEREWOLF BY NIGHT (BLOODSTONE AND 1X1 ROUND TILE)
  • STORM (LIGHTNINGS, WHITE CAULORON AND CAPE)
  • WOLVERINE (MASK, HAIR, CLAWS, VIOLET PIECES AND GLASS CASE WITH A FACE)
  • KANE (HELMET, HAIR AND ANT-MAN TROPHY)
  • BEAST (VELLOW MUG WITH THE "X" AND SOME PIECES)
  • SHE HULK (1X2 TILE & 2X3 TILE - BOOK & PHONE)
  • ECHO (ROUND PLATE WITH HOLE AND SHAFT)

there are errors due to copy-paste process, sorry. However the user is thespiderman1048 if you want to see the original post

Edited by Legocentrico

19 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

HAWKEVE (BOW, QUIVER AND OWL)

What? Was there an owl in the show? 

20 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

AND GLASS CASE WITH A FACE)

Watch it be a framed picture so they can recreate the meme

11 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Cosa? C'era un gufo nello spettacolo?

Guarda che è un'immagine incorniciata in modo che possano ricreare il meme

in the end when it falls inside the tree there is an owl, I don't remember exactly what it does but searching on google there are connections with this bird

uh! I didn't understand the meaning of the face for wolverine, the meme makes sense :-O

the thing that amazes me the most is that Kang looks like actually the one from antman 3

Edited by Legocentrico

The inexplicable choices in some of these accessories really make them seem legitimate. I don't remember Hawkeye having an owl, I have no idea who Oliver is (I'm assuming they misread print that said "quiver," and I'm surprised Steven's fish is worth including. I wonder if Wolverine will be different enough from the mech Wolverine to even bother with.

I'm just praying that Kang's helmet is dual molded purple+transparent light blue

The Hawkeye owl would be the owl from the post credits of the last episode that steals the shrunken car.

Such a bizarre choice to force an accessory that I bet it's real.