Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, wesker said:

I was actually just thinking about that. People have been speculating about big figs being discontinued for a while now. I actually wouldn't mind if this was the direction they took for all large characters going forward. A muscular version of that torso could work quite well for characters like Hulk, Thanos, Juggernaut and Colossus.

Big figs got the job done in the past but a major problem is they often feel too large and out of scale with regular minifigures, lack articulation and have no ability for customizing. This could potentially be a good alternative for solving those issues.

I mean it works for Robotnik and is miles ahead of the bigfig but a big egg shaped body ( or a musclar alternative body) on tall relatively skinny legs would look off for  most characters. (And I really hope the eggman head is a separate part) perhaps they could make bigger legs (perhaps 3 wide with a centred 2 wide Norma minifig leg attachment point. Problem with that would be 1.5 wide ( well slightly less with the gap in the middle) legs would be harder to align with studs though they could just have one and a half antistuds.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

In my opinion this big figure is the greatest innovation that superheroes have brought about.  The size is perfect, the articulation are sufficient, especially after the 2021 upgrade. this Sonic thing is good for the Sonic character, but if I imagine applying it to the Hulk it seems like a disaster.  reminds me of some TMNT characters from a few years ago, doesn't even look like lego :-/

'Doesn't even look like Lego' in the same paragraph as saying 'In my opinion this big figure is the greatest innovation that superheroes have brought about' ??

What is more Legoluke about the big figure?

I mean look at the design similarities between a minifig, a bigfig and Robotnik.

Big fig Legs - well bigfigs legs aren't made up seperate parts (unlegolike), can't be posed ( unminifiglike) can't be customized and interchanged with other parts ( unlegolike)

Eggman legs - well they are just a type of minifig legs so they look oddly proportioned ( Robotnik himself is oddly proportioned so it works for him) but they are made of seperate parts (Legoluke), are poseable ( well only one joint per leg but that's mike's ahead of the static bigfig squat) and can be swapped and changed easily (legolike)

And the arms tell a similar story and so on.

7 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

is anyone else worried that the NWH set will be cancelled?

Why? Spider-man is the most popular characters in Marvel and a set with three of them targetting a multi-generational audience is sure to sell well.

7 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

wait there are only 6 figures now??

It's possible there was never plans for 9 figures to begin with and that was just a rumour that got out of hand, but according to Stonewars.de; MJ, Ned and Doctor Strange are not in the set - as such the hope is that the figure quality of the six figures: Tobey, Andrew, Tom, Goblin, Ock, Electro are exceptional to justify the price.

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

'Doesn't even look like Lego' in the same paragraph as saying 'In my opinion this big figure is the greatest innovation that superheroes have brought about' ??

What is more Legoluke about the big figure?

I mean look at the design similarities between a minifig, a bigfig and Robotnik.

Big fig Legs - well bigfigs legs aren't made up seperate parts (unlegolike), can't be posed ( unminifiglike) can't be customized and interchanged with other parts ( unlegolike)

Eggman legs - well they are just a type of minifig legs so they look oddly proportioned ( Robotnik himself is oddly proportioned so it works for him) but they are made of seperate parts (Legoluke), are poseable ( well only one joint per leg but that's mike's ahead of the static bigfig squat) and can be swapped and changed easily (legolike)

And the arms tell a similar story and so on

the translation is bad, i misunderstood your point :-D Anyway its just my opinion, the muscular torso on minifigure legs looks wrong to me

14 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

the translation is bad, i misunderstood your point :-D

Yeah, fair enough, that's sometimes happens even when people are using the same language, so it's perfectly understandable that it can happen when they aren't.

19 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Anyway its just my opinion, the muscular torso on minifigure legs looks wrong to me

I'm going to say I agree with you there, the Bob Par/ Mister Incredible from the TT games game looked for that reason (also the the neck) and it follows in from part of my dislike of bigfigs, the sculpted muscles look really out of place next to all the 'flat chested' minifigs.

I do think the way forward is something like eggman but with wider legs to match and a less egg-shaped chest. ( But as I say, that does work with eggman as he has skinny tall legs with an egg-shaped body, I just hope his head is removable, it'd be nice to try a normal minifig head for him)

26 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yeah, fair enough, that's sometimes happens even when people are using the same language, so it's perfectly understandable that it can happen when they aren't.

I'm going to say I agree with you there, the Bob Par/ Mister Incredible from the TT games game looked for that reason (also the the neck) and it follows in from part of my dislike of bigfigs, the sculpted muscles look really out of place next to all the 'flat chested' minifigs.

I do think the way forward is something like eggman but with wider legs to match and a less egg-shaped chest. ( But as I say, that does work with eggman as he has skinny tall legs with an egg-shaped body, I just hope his head is removable, it'd be nice to try a normal minifig head for him)

Sometimes two or three badly translated words are enough to not understand an entire speech!  (The schools I attended didn't include English and by now I'm too old and drunk to learn :-P)

basically are you talking about a classic but bigger minifigure?  it would be fun to see

I'd like some huge minifigures to replace the buildable figures, that definitely!

Edited by Legocentrico

18 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

basically are you talking about a classic but bigger minifigure?  it would be fun to see.

Yes, that's really what I'd like them to do, the Thanos head was a step in the right direction, but lacked a minifig neck.

28 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

(The schools I attended didn't include English and by now I'm too old and drunk to learn :-P)

And I'm the opposite, I've only got English, but I'm trying to learn some others.

10 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

is anyone else worried that the NWH set will be cancelled?

Why would it be cancelled?

10 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

wait there are only 6 figures now??

Always were, MJ, Ned and Dr Strsnge were just a guess

When will we be seeing pics of the captain america and black widow motorcycle set?

Still holding out hope that its winter soldier based

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

Sometimes two or three badly translated words are enough to not understand an entire speech!  (The schools I attended didn't include English and by now I'm too old and drunk to learn :-P)

basically are you talking about a classic but bigger minifigure?  it would be fun to see

I'd like some huge minifigures to replace the buildable figures, that definitely!

Centrico you're one of my fav members here, because I LOVE the idea that EB is being used as a hub for conversation between people that couldn't and wouldn't otherwise communicate. It's awesome.

I'm starting to get a little worried Adam Warlock prices aren't going to drop and he'll get the status of one of those horrible Star Wars figs that only ever show up in one set and remain $50+. I reeeeallly don't want to buy that terrible Guardians set but...

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

I'm starting to get a little worried Adam Warlock prices aren't going to drop and he'll get the status of one of those horrible Star Wars figs that only ever show up in one set and remain $50+. I reeeeallly don't want to buy that terrible Guardians set but...

It pains me greatly that the only reason at all, I am considering buying a $100 set, that in my opinion ain't all that, just to acquire a minifigure. Crazy, the thing is I will do it and TLG knows it.

I just hope I am smart enough to pick it up on sale, at least 20% off, lol.

Edited by Johnny1360

I mean the marvel magazine has started to include MCU characters as well as the comic versions now, so he could come there but I personally doubt it, cause they've stuck to main characters mostly just the avengers and spidey and his villains.

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

It pains me greatly that the only reason at all, I am considering buying a $100 set, that in my opinion ain't all that, just to acquire a minifigure. Crazy, the thing is I will do it and TLG knows it.

I just hope I am smart enough to pick it up on sale, at least 20% off, lol.

I got the set and really like it. I just wish it came with Gamora instead of Mantis and Cosmo

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There were not guesses

Wait, so we were actually supposed to actually get them?

26 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Wait, so we were actually supposed to actually get them?

Yes and they are supposed to still be coming as far as I’m aware 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

With the news that the Flash set is canceled, do you think they'll also cancel cmf Kang?

32 minutes ago, hvader said:

With the news that the Flash set is canceled, do you think they'll also cancel cmf Kang?

Honestly no, if anything they will just remove any extra face they may have given kang 

8 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Centrico you're one of my fav members here, because I LOVE the idea that EB is being used as a hub for conversation between people that couldn't and wouldn't otherwise communicate. It's awesome

I don't understand if you're sarcastic :-D anyway thanks, it's a pleasure to discuss and exchange opinions with passionate fans from all over the world!  In real life I don't know many lego fans, and even on Italian social networks there aren't many people to discuss with like here in the forum, especially regarding topics such as super heroes 

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Very important question, then: Were those 3 minifigs supposed to come *in* the Liberty Statue set, or were they supposed to come, just in general?

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Very important question, then: Were those 3 minifigs supposed to come *in* the Liberty Statue set, or were they supposed to come, just in general?

In the statue set

On 4/20/2023 at 7:15 PM, Kaijumeister said:

I wonder how likely it is that the three Spidey minifigures from the NWH set have:

- Arm printing

- Dual moulded legs 

- Alternate heads to recreate the pre-battle banter

It’s a tall (scratch that, colossal) order especially for Marvel minifigures, but as the only summer set that actually sounds interesting I sincerely hope Lego doesn’t cheap out on this set. 

I think that the first two are entirely reasonable, as we generally get one or both in MCU Spider-Man Minifigs. The third is also possible, as we are starting to get heads and hair for characters with helmets, though I would expect all heads to be reuses. 😕

Has anybody seen an inventory for the Spider-man mosaic from Ashnflash's 21226 LEGO Art Project video from a couple years ago (3:47 time stamp)? I can't bring myself to spend the hours counting up everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VypEjahO_Z4

On-topic: Really looking forward to seeing the Liberty Battle set and Avengers/Stark Tower. I'm not turned away from the "missing" minifigures; I just hope the minifigures and build look good. No Lizard would be disappointing, but I'm more interested in an official animated version (to replace my purist custom) anyways.

I think the june sets will either leak or be revealed before the end of this month, hopefully we start to get more stuff on the unknown and summer sets soon...

I built all the Guardians 3 sets last week, and I'm pretty happy! Star-Lord's Helmet is actually a great display piece, although the retail price is still unreasonable. Baby Rocket's ship is cute but needed the High Evolutionary, and I love the little HQ set just as much as I did in photos. The Bowie has absolutely blown me away, though. It's a much cooler build than I expected. It really pops on a shelf thanks to the unique design and color scheme. But more importantly, it's so much fun to fly around! I haven't loved swooshing a LEGO set this much in years. I'm obsessed with it! 

I was also surprised that 4 minifigures fit in the main ship, plus another 2 on the escape pods. That's twice as much as I was expecting! I just wish there was more investment in the minifigures. We needed Gamora and given the repeated uniform print for all the Guardians, Drax and Mantis could've gotten new face prints. The only issue I have with the build is that I wish the rings moved down so we could land the ship like in the trailer. I like this set so much I might actually try to modify the rings because that would make the build perfect. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I built all the Guardians 3 sets last week, and I'm pretty happy! Star-Lord's Helmet is actually a great display piece, although the retail price is still unreasonable. Baby Rocket's ship is cute but needed the High Evolutionary, and I love the little HQ set just as much as I did in photos. The Bowie has absolutely blown me away, though. It's a much cooler build than I expected. It really pops on a shelf thanks to the unique design and color scheme. But more importantly, it's so much fun to fly around! I haven't loved swooshing a LEGO set this much in years. I'm obsessed with it! 

I was also surprised that 4 minifigures fit in the main ship, plus another 2 on the escape pods. That's twice as much as I was expecting! I just wish there was more investment in the minifigures. We needed Gamora and given the repeated uniform print for all the Guardians, Drax and Mantis could've gotten new face prints. The only issue I have with the build is that I wish the rings moved down so we could land the ship like in the trailer. I like this set so much I might actually try to modify the rings because that would make the build perfect. 

I echo all of the above. Really wish they could release High Evolutionary down the line