Sign in to follow this  
Dutch Thriceman

Dieselpunk alt universe Japan event display

I was questioning whether to post this in Sci-Fi, Historical or here. I kind of relate Dieselpunk a bit to the old Adventurers line which may have subconsiously inspired me a bit here as well so hence I chose to post it here.

52551198523_b4241a04a0_c.jpg

Part of my event display, set in an alternate universe Dieselpunk inspired Japan, this is a part of the terrain.

52550199897_bc874754a7_c.jpg

The Motor Carriage, heavily inspired by the Coupris Kineema from the excellent Disco Elysium.

52550654401_9b49c65a36_c.jpg

Another part of the terrain.

52551126015_f15c49437c_c.jpg

52550199922_49f50ea655_c.jpg

The Imperial Motor Lorry is heavily inspired by the various Motor Lorries from the excellent Disco Elysium.

___

More pics of my event display and it's various set pieces may or may not follow... :tongue:

These are really cool! They certainly fit the look of Adventurers. Do you have a photo of the full display at the event?

19 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

These are really cool! They certainly fit the look of Adventurers. Do you have a photo of the full display at the event?

+1 for the photos of the while display

These look really cool and would love to see them connected!

On 12/9/2022 at 10:36 AM, Peppermint_M said:

On 12/9/2022 at 10:56 AM, Dardanel said:

+1 for the photos of the while display

These look really cool and would love to see them connected!

Thanks guys! A pro photographer took a few snapshots from my display at the event, which got shared with the organisers which eventually shared them with me;

52557228985_8db610e3d4_c.jpg

52556307452_bf29c9f86c_c.jpg

52557302128_fd56fd016e_c.jpg

I took this one myself:

52556812231_08e2acba20_c.jpg

The lighting was really bad at the event, only a few spotlights worked, I did take this pic during the event set-up, however the detail I added to the empty right area later on (because I had ran out of parts) isn't on this pic sadly and the quality is aweful so all togheter it doesn't do it any justice:

52556825421_8e1aabcec8_b.jpg

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

Those are great. The mech design is very clever, and landscape is beautiful. 

Great display. Your walkerette is really cute. Overall, it definitely has a Japanese feel, but the bits of dieselpunk give it a personality all its own.

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

Those are great. The mech design is very clever, and landscape is beautiful. 

2 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Great display. Your walkerette is really cute. Overall, it definitely has a Japanese feel, but the bits of dieselpunk give it a personality all its own.

Thanks! Yeah, most of the kids reaction was just oh I recognize that it's Ninjago, which was to be expected haha, but there was one kid who first gave a really long look and then just went 'oh that moc is garbage' which nearly made me laugh out loud.. and another kid which tried to convince his dad that this was based on a movie he saw :grin:

This is excellent! Thanks for sharing a picture of the whole diorama : ) Love the boat and I'm glad I found more pics of it on your Flickr