Sign in to follow this  
Redhead1982

MOC Sin city

My (our) latest MOC is a collab with @MstrOfPppts and is inspired by the iconic Sin city film. The classic black and white color scheme from the comics and the film was substituted by grays as it was much easier to work with and create various details. Here's a pic of the final MOC.

52536644730_483ea3ce0f_b.jpg

It was displayed at exhibitions in three different countries and I used one of such occasions to take some photos. Some of the details are highlighted in the next pics. 

52536306526_5b38f4fcef_b.jpg

This dark alley was one of my favourite parts of the whole MOC. There's a back door to the bar, and a suspicious person is emerging from it.

52536458849_44cc68d088_b.jpg

52536458654_7f560f21ca_b.jpg

And to finish off with some trivia, I never watched the Sin city, only briefly viewed a few Youtube clips. Guilty. 

Looks great. The greys was a good choice as I’m not sure black & white would’ve translated as well. I don’t think the desk alley would’ve stood out as it does here. The splashes of color still pop just as nicely as they did in the comic/movie. 

Fantastic moc! I love the different facade styles and how everything comes together. The "non-colors" grey, white and black and the small touches of color create a great effect.

@hikouki There's no interior. It was build to be displayed in multiple exhibition around Europe, and knowing the expected size it's challenging to make large wall sections without the unintentional curving. So the interior is mostly supporting structures for the walls. 

On 12/23/2022 at 6:20 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Fantastic moc! I love the different facade styles and how everything comes together. The "non-colors" grey, white and black and the small touches of color create a great effect.

The idea was to have a similar in style, but slightly different facades for these buildings. We did share the progress of the facades with each other, so it was easier to build similarly.