El Garfio

2023 Friends Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

ooooh, new friends leaks…
I’m very sure that the mars base will include adult Olivia, also, I’m very confused about the olly and paisley’s family home, does this imply that olly and paisley are related? I mean, both have British/Irish roots, so could be possible?

the hospital I’m very excited for, after the disappointing 2020 hospital, I hope this one will be as good as the 2016 version!

department store sounds cool, as does the pop star tour bus, is everyone’s theory that livi is paisley’s dead mother about to be broken?

the farm vet sets are very interesting, I’m pretty excited for these!
also the talent show is cool

Edited by Lemerbrix
Nice leaks

On 8/2/2023 at 3:24 PM, Lemerbrix said:

I’m very confused about the olly and paisley’s family home, does this imply that olly and paisley are related? I mean, both have British/Irish roots, so could be possible?

The map shows them living next to each other. I'd assumed they were neighbours. Maybe the set will be 1 building divided into 2 houses like British Semi-Detached or Terrace housing? Or it could just be a holiday set where they're renting a family holiday home together? Maybe Jonathan is dating Ollie's mother? Have we ever had a Friends wedding set? 2 of the parents getting married to each other could be a reason for members of the core cast to get involved in a wedding.

3 hours ago, Killian said:

The map shows them living next to each other. I'd assumed they were neighbours. Maybe the set will be 1 building divided into 2 houses like British Semi-Detached or Terrace housing? Or it could just be a holiday set where they're renting a family holiday home together? Maybe Jonathan is dating Ollie's mother? Have we ever had a Friends wedding set? 2 of the parents getting married to each other could be a reason for members of the core cast to get involved in a wedding.

I mean, g1 (2012-2017) did the wedding thing in the episodes, but given the more story-driven sets (Nova adopts pickle, Paisley gets a haircut, the opening of the community center, etc) you'd think that there would be a set dedicated to the wedding, right?

It says it's a "family home" implying that one family lives under one roof

I wouldn't be surprised if olly only had his mother in his life, so the Johnathan dating olly's mom would be plausible, speaking of parents, since lego introduced Trevor and Joshua, the gay dads of minor character Maya, I wonder if any of the main cast without confirmed parents will have same-sex parents, like maybe Nova has two moms, or Zac having two dads and that's why Aliya's parents don't like zac's parents, but I doubt lego would even address homophobia in lego friends.

Paisley's house is already an established building in hlc, so either after Johnathan and Lucy (my headcanon name for olly's mother) get married both move to a new house, or this is an upgraded Paisley's house, and olly's house takes the other half of the set, maybe the two are meeting up for a family barbecue or something, I'm really curious how lego will show the "working class" aspect of olly's family.

Edited by Lemerbrix
Don't worry Mol, it's non Canon

After two months, new episode out: over-leveraged Leo!

Spoiler

This episode looks to start another story arc, this time with the community center, as the plot revolves around our friends raising money for the community center. Leo gets heavy focus, as this episode highlights one of Leo,s vulnerabilitys, him not liking to say no.

also, SO MANY SIDE CHARACTERS APPEAR THIS EPISODE, jordin, adia, adidi, Matilde, Ella, Naomi, Nadia, Riley, dr alvah- wait what

IMG_1145.png

IMG_1148.png

1280x960.png

IMG_1151.png

IMG_1146.png

This episode was very relatable to me, so I give this episode a 8/10

Edited by Lemerbrix
Lollipop

new episode out: the heart of Heartlake!

Spoiler

Dang, this episode hit me in the feels, paisley got incredible character development, this episode seems to take place before episode 6, as the community center project is started in this episode, and elaborated on in episode 6, we also got to hear charli speak for the first time! Sadly we don’t know their gender/pronouns yet, so I’m just going to stick with they/them for charli

IMG_1179.png

welp, kiss your “livi is paisley’s dead mom” theories goodbye!

IMG_1178.png

Olly knew paisley when they were kids, given the set name “olly and paisley’s family home” these two are clearly related somehow

IMG_1176.png

Gertie is also probably related to paisley, grandmother maybe?
IMG_1181.png

Hey look, it’s Ella and Peter!

IMG_1183.png
They’re related people, no romance here! #leoxolly

IMG_1182.png

So, student council consists of: Luna, pickle boy, jordin, charli, brad, and Aliya 
IMG_1177.png

speaking of charli, they are voiced by Rhona Rees, who plays jet Jack in hunted. I’m going to go ahead and say that if charli isn’t non binary, they’re at least transgender

overall, I give this episode a 9/10, very emotional

Edited by Lemerbrix

They’ve definitely published the episodes the wrong way round. This should be ep6 and then overleveraged Leo as ep7.

also I wouldn’t say Olly & Paisley are related- it would’ve been mentioned by now. From the map in the instructions and the set name im assuming they’re next door neighbors so grew up together. With the British and Irish accents, I’m expecting some kinda classic UK-styled semidetached or townhouse for the set in January

1 hour ago, PotterBlocks said:

They’ve definitely published the episodes the wrong way round. This should be ep6 and then overleveraged Leo as ep7.

also I wouldn’t say Olly & Paisley are related- it would’ve been mentioned by now. From the map in the instructions and the set name im assuming they’re next door neighbors so grew up together. With the British and Irish accents, I’m expecting some kinda classic UK-styled semidetached or townhouse for the set in January

Yeah, good point, I actually kinda thought that all the main characters moved to hlc, but it’s just Leo and zac, I’m still very excited for the family house! I’m expecting it to look like this house I built in Minecraft

IMG_1190.jpeg

Edited by Lemerbrix

So, next year's polybags will be mobile music trailer, and flower garden

Really excited for mobile music trailer

6 minutes ago, Killian said:

!!DB0A~1!!129B~1!!631E~1!!930F~1

Released today in the UK. Nice to see Leo's bedroom is pretty set accurate

Nice! Is this zac's first time appearing in the comics?

14 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Nice! Is this zac's first time appearing in the comics?

2nd time. He wasn't in the first reboot comic with the Cats, but was in the 2nd with the Dolphin. The 30th August issue with the Dogs is his 2nd comic appearance. Presumably the kitty story happened before he moved to Heartlake City?

6 hours ago, Killian said:

2nd time. He wasn't in the first reboot comic with the Cats, but was in the 2nd with the Dolphin. The 30th August issue with the Dogs is his 2nd comic appearance. Presumably the kitty story happened before he moved to Heartlake City?

I mean, could be? Though not all the comics will have all 8 characters, so he could be in Heartlake city by then

6 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

FRIENDS_DE_2305_Poster.JPG

Looks fake, feels like Zac was poorly photoshopped in

What does the caption say, I don't speak that language

2 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Looks fake, feels like Zac was poorly photoshopped in

What does the caption say, I don't speak that language

The text says: this is us 

It's a poster from the next Friends magazine (now available in Germany)

23 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

The text says: this is us 

It's a poster from the next Friends magazine (now available in Germany)

Thanks! I saw this image as promo for new beginnings, the 44 minute special that kicked off the new series, Zac wasn't in the original image, so I'm guessing they just photoshopped him in

New episode out: decisions, decisions

Spoiler

Alright, this episode continues the community center arc, and picks up right where over-leveraged Leo ends. Dale (the old guy from episode 5) owns the community center, for a very wholesome reason, but you’ll just have to watch the episode to find out.

anyway, here’s some details from the episode. 

IMG_1212.png
hasn't even been 5 seconds into the episode and mayor Stephanie appears 

IMG_1213.png

stephanie’s last name confirmed?

IMG_1215.png

when brad isn’t being a jerk, he spends time roleplaying 

IMG_1217.png

Dang, these fries look delicious!

IMG_1218.png

Normally I don’t focus on side characters, but when I do…

IMG_1220.png

Either Peter is related to paisley, or Johnathan runs a kid walking business, but where is Victoria? (I blame issac)

8/10 episode

Edited by Lemerbrix
Always blame Issac

Scored the greenhouse set (got given it as a thankyou for helping promote our clubs big LEGO show that was on last weekend) and I LOVE it. Close to the best friends set of all time IMO and full of NICE parts.

Lot of Friends sets listed as Last Chance. I'm picking up the one with the giraffe and zebra for the animals in case I need those animals. While Friends animals are often too "cutesy" for my non-Friends builds, I've found that I can often position them so that the eyes don't stand out too much if I need to.

52 minutes ago, Silverhurst said:

Lot of Friends sets listed as Last Chance. I'm picking up the one with the giraffe and zebra for the animals in case I need those animals. While Friends animals are often too "cutesy" for my non-Friends builds, I've found that I can often position them so that the eyes don't stand out too much if I need to.

Nice! Personally, I’m not a fan of Freinds-es que animls but I’m little jealous that Freinds has giraffe & zebra while City doesn’t havee them. Hopefully City-esque giraffe and zebra will turn up in a few years. 

New episode out: it take a village

Spoiler

So, this episode didn’t offer much, but it’s still a nice way to spend 22 minutes. Paisley got some good character development, and I think the plot of the friends and the seniors clashing was alright. It looks like the next episode will center on the grand opening of the community center!

IMG_1229.png
liann has made a scaled-down version of the community center mural, which I kinda wish was in the set, as an Easter egg or something

IMG_1230.png

I guess we now know where the random door on the combined community center leads! Nice to know the community kitchen is included in the show!

overall, I give this episode a 7/10

Edited by Lemerbrix
Door to somewhere