Vilhelm22

LEGO Trains 2023

Is anyone hoping Lego would re-issue or remake the Disney Train and Station (71044) for the Disney 100th Anniversary celebration. Or maybe a "Disney World version".

Question for anyone with experience. I’ve been redoing and extending my (fairly simple) loop of track around my city layout, but I’ve run into a problem; there’s a five stud long gap where I’m trying to connect up the last curve. It’s happened because one side of the loop is straight and runs around the back of the layout, but the other side curves around a bit. This is . . awkward. I could use a single piece of flex track to cover four studs of it, but it still won’t go together neatly. Does anyone have any ideas? I know there are sellers that make custom track length parts, but I live in Australia and I’d rather not pay those shipping costs . .

23 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I could use a single piece of flex track to cover four studs of it, but it still won’t go together neatly.

Are your tracks bolted down to the LEGO grid? Or do you have or may consider (tiles) giving them some flexibility? When the flextrack piece comes so close, then I would just ease up the strickt geometry. Nobody will notice.

Best,
Thorsten

I know I risk being banished from the forum forever but have you considered cutting a track to fit?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, John Hill said:

I know I risk being banished from the forum forever but have you considered cutting a track to fit?

It is of course unusual and should be avoided....but I can appreciate e g this R40 switch modification:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/157375-9v-switch-modification/

It is still 100% Lego, compared to buying a 3rd party solution.... going either route is mostly accepted though, in this forum. As long as you're happy, do what you want....😇

Edited by Selander
Added info

14 hours ago, John Hill said:

Nah, it takes more than a hacksaw and some track to get a ban ;-)

Life is good on the Dark Side

It's into the New Year now so I figured it was worthwhile creating this thread.  A few BL Designer program sets are on the horizon.