Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Did anyone mention that the exclusive Jurassic World set is at Myer? Well it was. $45$54 is your best likely price ever, sale ends today... if there's any left.

I picked up the AT-AT today from Myer taking advantage of the mid year sale and $40 off getting it for $129.00 (24% reduction). That's close enough to the 25% off or better I was hoping for like my first AT-AT so time to bite the bullet.

I was just going to order from Myer online since it's back in stock there but I was close to a Myer today so I thought I'd save myself the wait. There was plenty of stock, probably because it's a featured catalogue item, but less so of it's 2014 brethren ie Cantina, Snowspeeder etc. Lucky for me I guess.

Found one and built it yesterday so I'm happy.

Edited by Artanis I

Yeah that's what I thought, just thought I'd clarify.

Probably the best price it's going to be at Australian retail before it goes EOL unless another retailer has a crazy fire sale.

I'm sure it's a (VERY) long shot, but is anyone aware of any retailers (physical or online store) which still have stock of the Lego Modular/Creator - Town Hall (10224) at the RRP or close to it?

I'm new to collecting Lego Modular/Creator Buildings (and somewhat new to collecting Lego in general after a 20 odd year break), so thanks in advance for any assistance/recommendations!

Good luck finding one, even the deep outback rural toy stores have been picked clean from what I have heard.

I'm sure it's a (VERY) long shot, but is anyone aware of any retailers (physical or online store) which still have stock of the Lego Modular/Creator - Town Hall (10224) at the RRP or close to it?

Not at anything approaching RRP, but I feel you. I only got into modulars a couple years ago and the earlier sets (Green Grocer) were long gone, only ones available were eBay with heavy mark-up. Town Hall will be like that now. Wound up getting mine from TRU USA. They ship internationally (very expensive), but have/had great selection of big ticket sets, plus offset by combined shipping, the strong AUD at the time, and coupon.

In other modular news, if anyone missed out on Detective's Office at Myer sale, they're now back in stock online ($179 with free shipping).

Not at anything approaching RRP, but I feel you.

Thanks. That's what I thought.

Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky with a second hand/loose version of the Town Hall one day. I don't have any aspirations of owning the other retired sets, but I thought that the Town Hall might be obtainable since it sounds like it was still available in stores at the start of the year.

The Big W catalogue is up. Lego starts pg 43. Seems to be about 20-30% off.

I think the relevant pages of the Big W catalogue have been posted to one of the Australian Lego Groups.

I don't think it has been officially released by Big W. It is due to be posted online on Saturday.

Edited by Agent 86

Does anyone know if there will be early access to the Big W sales for Everyday Reward card holders.

Does anyone know if there will be early access to the Big W sales for Everyday Reward card holders.

Yes there will be. I received the email. I think it was from the 22nd.

(Big W catalogue) $50 off for the Sandcrawler, $25 for the Helicarrier. $5 off for the Hailfire droid. (I suppose Anakin's starfighter & the battle droid carrier are Target & Kmart?) $70 for Emma's House is the best price I've seen. $100 for the pirate ship is a good price.

Toyworld Layby sale catalogue has started. http://www.toyworld.com.au/?q=node/908

I think the relevant pages of the Big W catalogue have been posted to one of the Australian Lego Groups.

I don't think it has been officially released by Big W. It is due to be posted online on Saturday.

I posted the news based on the email I received directly from Big W this morning with a link to the catalogue (which others have already shared here). Nothing unofficial or dodgy. I didn't post the link as I assumed everyone was receiving the email.

Spotted some NICE stuff at a Mr Toys south of Brisbane which I wont disclose (for anti-scalper reasons that will be obvious when you see what I am reporting on). Items spotted are:

New Juniors sets (road work crew and house)

Super Heroes Batman Boat and Joker Amusement Park (no new Marvel that I saw though)

Architecture Flat Iron Building, Tower of Pisa, Trevi Fountain, Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Empire State Building and Lincoln Memorial.

Power Functions Motor Box

Simpsons House

Big Sydney Opera House

Simpsons House

Blue Creator Jet, Changing Seasons, green 4x4 and that one with the mecha thing that looks like it could transform into an airplane (not sure what its called, just don't recall seeing it at retail before)

Ecto-1

Mixels Series 5 (the new one)

Simpsons Series 2

Mini

City Swamp Police Water Plane (currently not seen anywhere other than Mr Toys)

Winter Village Market

The reason I am keeping this location a secret though is that this store has the 3 below sets in stock, all of which are VERY much prime scalper targets:

Star Wars Red 5 (cant remember the price or how many they had)

Parisian Restaurant ($249.99 price tag attached with one spotted, no idea if they have more)

and most notably at least one Tower Bridge with a price tag of $379 attached.

If you want to know where I saw this, send me a PM and I will share the details with anyone who isn't going to scalp the good stuff (I dont want it but I dont want it to end up on feeBay or cracklink or scumtree at a rip-off price either)

If anyone wants details of the stuff I saw at other retailers today (Mini, new Creator, new Mixels, new Super Heroes, new Juniors) PM me as well, I wont share the details of which retailers here because that would give away which Mr Toys has the good stuff is and let the scalpers get it.

Since it seems like the stuff I saw at Mr Toys (Tower Bridge included) isn't the rare at-risk-from-scalpers stock I thought it was I will let everyone know that it was Logan Hyperdome that I spotted it all at. MYER at the Hyperdome has reasonable stock levels of everything except the big sets (including new Mixels, new Juniors, new Creator and new Super Heroes) plus the Mini.

K-Mart has the new Creator and the new Super Heroes.

I could have sworn that the Tower Bridge was some discontinued going-up-in-price set though like the Town Hall, seems I was wrong.

Selected Toyworlds are having a sale. City 60070 Swamp Police Plane Chase set is $40 and exclusive, the formerly K-Mart exclusive Friends Jungle Tree Sanctuary 41059 $50 and now exclusive, Creator Future Flyers $30 exclusive, and Winter Village Santas Workshop $120 (sold out near me )

Also had new Super Heroes including Sandman, Jokerland, small Spider-Man set, new Juniors Roadworks set, Duplo Doc Mcstuffins, Winter Village Market

K-Mart's "Toy Sale" catalogue starting 25/6 has one exclusive set - Friends 41108 Food Market for $59. Everything else is run of the mill.

I have absolutely no interest in the 75085 Hailfire Droid but as already mentioned Big W has picked it up as an exclusive for the upcoming toy sale. I do not understand why a retailer picks up a set for a toy sale.

They could have started selling it back in February for full price and people would have paid it because there's no where else in Australia you can purchase it. And at a massive $5 off it's not really a win for anyone.

On a more positive note I saw Jurassic World on the weekend and now I want all the sets... actually no that's not a positive at all. The dinos and minfigs are cool but the builds not so much, argh! I'd be happy to buy them if the price matched the piece count or the piece count matched the price.