Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Went to Myer Cannington to get a Parisian Restaurant. I was there before opening. They "sold out" between the doors opening and me getting to the toy section. Plus they had only 1 Simpsons House, 1 SSD and 3 Metalbeard. When I complained they said I was too slow, and she doesn't do the orders. Saw a Lego rep and she didn't really care that Myer were mishandling exclusives. But she did say a brand store was east coast bound.

I ordered Parisian Restaurant online for 'Click & Collect' at my local store, so I was able to have it in hand yesterday (i.e. the day before the sale officially started in-store). I was going to try to lay-by the Seacow today, but when I realised last night that they charge a whopping $10.00 'non-refundable lay-by service fee', I decided to just bite the bullet and buy it outright on my poor, long suffering credit card. Anyway, I looked online late-ish last night, and the website said my local store had stock that would be available today, and that it was also available as 'Click & Collect', so I decided I'd just get there in time for opening and grab one off the shelf, rather than dealing with ordering online and subsequent parcel pick-up. Luckily, I checked again this morning on my way in (i.e. about an hour before the store was due to open), and since last night, it was showing as no longer available at that store, or most other stores in the Melbourne metropolitan area, so I ended up just ordering it online to get shipped to me, as it was the only way I could be sure I'd be able to get it. When I went to the store at lunchtime, they were also out of stock of Parisian Restaurant (even though I'd managed to get mine there the day before), and also the Simpsons House - didn't think to look for SSD, but they had heaps of the Millennium Falcon, Sydney Opera House, and VW Camper - and the sales assistant I spoke to said I did the right thing placing my orders online instead.

Anyway, long story short, rightly or wrongly, it seems that offering 'Click & Collect' at various stores prior to the start of the in-store sale has resulted in depleting the limited stock that they had, to the point of selling out before they even opened.

If it helps, PR seems to still be available online and would qualify for free shipping, but you'd have to waive any possibility of sweet-talking them into giving you the extra 10% Myer One discount, as you can't fool the online ordering system with the coupon code. Seacow also appears to still be available online, but the Simpsons House was already sold out online last night. The catalogue specifies 'limited stock' for the Simpsons House, but not for PR, so maybe they'll be getting more in, in the future, so if not on this sale, you may still be able to pick one up on another 20% off sale down the track.

It doesn't help for PR, but I also saw stock of both Simpsons House and Seacow at Target today, so if anyone's desperate, it might be worth asking if they'll price match to Myer's catalogue.

The sale does last until 20th of july so i would worry if they didnt get any more stock. I mean they cant sell out of everything lego advertised on the first day.

But she did say a brand store was east coast bound.
We can only hope.

For the love of all things ABS, I hope not.

A Lego store in Australia would be good fun and all, with it's pretty pick-a-brick walls, but you'd lose the ability to get these exclusives on sale. Without a Lego store in Australia, the exclusives are given to retailers, who then discount them to help them move. The Lego stores wouldn't be so generous. Plus, with the prices they charge here for sets, can you imagine what they'll charge for pick-a-brick?

Even in the US they still give retailers access to the big exclusives. Walmart, Amazon and Toys R Us all list big "d2c" sets on their online sites (including Star Wars UCS, modulars, Cuusoo and Creator Expert). I see no reason to think that LEGO Australia would stop giving retailers access to these exclusives just because a LEGO store opened up. (especially with such a store probably only being in Sydney or Melbourne).

For the love of all things ABS, I hope not.

A Lego store in Australia would be good fun and all, with it's pretty pick-a-brick walls, but you'd lose the ability to get these exclusives on sale. Without a Lego store in Australia, the exclusives are given to retailers, who then discount them to help them move. The Lego stores wouldn't be so generous. Plus, with the prices they charge here for sets, can you imagine what they'll charge for pick-a-brick?

A few years ago Lego barely recognised us as a market. If they open a brand store or two they may start to reduce the disparity in rrps via direct customer feedback. And I don't think pab would be too inflated, it is comparable in price to some less expensive sets where we don't see too much markup.

And its unlikely they wouldn't allow major chains to carry large exclusives (although I don't get many larger sets), but to be honest I'm more ready to pay rrp directly to Lego than what is effectively a middleman.

BIG Whopping $1.99 saving for the AV Cannon, anyone would think that they had no competition on that set. Oh, wait.

BIG Whopping $1.99 saving for the AV Cannon, anyone would think that they had no competition on that set. Oh, wait.

Haha, I see what you did there. Yeah Big W's sale isn't really much of a sale this year.

Notice the exclusive for Lego City at BigW.....the Arctic ship at 128 bucks......ha, wait till next year it will be Myer's for 99 like the town square is this year. :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, only good thing 68 bucks for that creator shops set......might twist my own arm for that one ! :laugh:

Big W catalog is up https://www.bigw.com...offer/catalogue

Some nice deals there (the bike shop & cafe is amazing value at that price, I am sorely tempted to pick one up for parts...)

Yeah, only good thing 68 bucks for that creator shops set......might twist my own arm for that one ! :laugh:

Hopefully the Creator Bike Shop & Cafe is easier to come by than some of the Myer sets have been. The $9.00 shipping is a killer though, so unless it's available for Click & Collect (free), I'll be waiting until the in-store sale, rather than ordering early online.

For anyone in WA who missed out on the SImpson's house at Myers, David Jones Perth had about 5 on the shelf today and matched the price of Myers, but only after being showed the catalogue. Prior to that I was told they don't price match items that are out of stock at competitors stores. Was also told by a Myers employee that only 2000 of these sets were released to distributors in Australia, and that Myers had received 700. I'm not convinced this is correct, that doesn't sound like a lot but I guess it is a $330 set and not everyone is willing to shell that out for a toy. The employee was not hopeful about Myers getting anymore stock in and was pretty quick to suggest looking in competitors stores.

There was also 3 or 4 copies of parisian restaurant at Myers Perth as of 3pm today if anyone out there can't wait for them to restock, which I was told would happen before the end of the sale.

I scored 2 x 31026 bike shop Creator sets @ Myer yesterday.. with the 20% off

They will be cheaper at big W of course, but i still think it was a good price. RRP in Myer is 99.99 for these.

Btw, the Brand store paranoia that everyone is having:

Look at other brands of clothes, watches, kitchenware etc.... they all sell at department stores, and the department stores still have sales on these products with or without the brand stores. I dont think Lego would act in any different. Sure, They MAY reduce the department stores from stocking Modulars etc, but So what? it's not like they (department stores) stock them 24/7 anyway. In fact, DJ's and Myer only sporadically stock their stores at best, whereas I'd love to see a dedicated store that will always have the Big sets available. I want to buy my Ewok Village from a store the month it's released, not have to go through an elaborate mailing routine to import it from O/S, because it wont be in any of the retailers stores for 12 more months.

Yes, but, many cities (or parts of large cities) with these department stores wouldn't be getting a Lego brand shop. Even if we get one each in Melbourne, Sydney & SEQ there will be a lot of EBers who previously had physical access to exclusive sets that will no longer do so. I can tell you we'll certainly be regularly hearing complaints from an angry tiger...

Fact is, even if LEGO opened brand stores, its unlikely to have much of a negative impact on the availability of the big sets. MYER, David Jones, Target, Big W, Toys R Us etc have enough power that if TLG tried to take away their big set allotment, they would fight back.

Yes, but, many cities (or parts of large cities) with these department stores wouldn't be getting a Lego brand shop. Even if we get one each in Melbourne, Sydney & SEQ there will be a lot of EBers who previously had physical access to exclusive sets that will no longer do so. I can tell you we'll certainly be regularly hearing complaints from an angry tiger...

Not too sure this would happen, lego are hardly going to bite their nose to spite their face...

If they choose to open stores here it will be because it adds to their profit margin and not to take sales and product purchase opportunities away from paying customers or retail stores. Stand alone stores would not be likely to be placed in huge shopping centres rather the CBD of whichever city the set one up in.

I'd say there would be only 2... melb and syd CBD

and that's an IF they consider it

Saw the Toyworld catalogue earlier, nothing much regarding discounts, but they are advertising the winter village set ($160), Tower Bridge ($400), and Palace Cinema ($200). Bike shop is $90.

Piece of Resistence polybag with $40 spent on Lego catalogue items.

Starts Thursday.

Saw the Toyworld catalogue earlier, nothing much regarding discounts, but they are advertising the winter village set ($160), Tower Bridge ($400), and Palace Cinema ($200). Bike shop is $90.

Piece of Resistence polybag with $40 spent on Lego catalogue items.

Starts Thursday.

Is that Toyworld, or Mr Toys Toyworld.

Is that Toyworld, or Mr Toys Toyworld.

No Mr about it, just plain old Toyworld. Didn't realise there was a difference when it came to catalogues.

I wonder which winter series set is at Toyworld ?

Yep, it's the winter village market place.....cool now I need to find a Toyworld left in Adelaide ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

If you are an Everyday Rewards cardholder, you can access the Big W 'Total Toy Domination' sale in store now (June 18th), a week before the sale opens in store to non-members. You just need to scan you EDR card at the register when making your purchase. The email they sent out this morning was a little confusing as it said ‘starts today’, then lower down said ‘Offers run from 19 June’, but I dropped into a store on my way home from work tonight, and picked up the Creator Bike Shop for the sale price ($68.00).

It's live online now too (as of 7pm), but when I looked up the Bike Shop, it said 'Not available for immediate delivery', and only offered online layby ($2.00 fee) for either 'Click & Collect' (free), or home delivery ($9.00).

I'm not sure what the minimum layby period is (i.e. how soon they would ship/allow you to collect it), but it says 'Estimated delivery dates : 03/11/2014 – 01/12/2014', so if you are an EDR member and can get into a store this week, that's probably your best option to not miss out, and not have to wait for them to release the online laybys.

There is no Buynow option for anything online in the toysale. I think its more like a pre order system, they take the orders and buy however many they need to.

If you are an Everyday Rewards cardholder, you can access the Big W 'Total Toy Domination' sale in store now (June 18th), a week before the sale opens in store to non-members. You just need to scan you EDR card at the register when making your purchase. The email they sent out this morning was a little confusing as it said ‘starts today’, then lower down said ‘Offers run from 19 June’, but I dropped into a store on my way home from work tonight, and picked up the Creator Bike Shop for the sale price ($68.00).

It's live online now too (as of 7pm), but when I looked up the Bike Shop, it said 'Not available for immediate delivery', and only offered online layby ($2.00 fee) for either 'Click & Collect' (free), or home delivery ($9.00).

I'm not sure what the minimum layby period is (i.e. how soon they would ship/allow you to collect it), but it says 'Estimated delivery dates : 03/11/2014 – 01/12/2014', so if you are an EDR member and can get into a store this week, that's probably your best option to not miss out, and not have to wait for them to release the online laybys.

I bought the Creator Bike Shop and Cafe for the sale price today, thanks to your information. It does indeed work with the Everyday Rewards Card.