Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Has anybody seen the new Lord of the Rings sets yet?

Probably not for another few months...:cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Edited by howie28

Someone in another forum reported that a MYER in Sydney was reported as having the Kingdoms Joust, Horizon Express and also the Mini Modulars in stock.

Didn't expect the Mini Modulars to make it to Oz.

Will be interesting to see what exclusives the other retailers get this year...

I hope I don't upset too many people by posting about not-LEGO, but I was at Target today and they had the Kre-o Optimus Prime (the large one 542 piece set) reduced to clear for $20! They also had Mega Bloks Warcraft sets reduced, including the 299 piece Demolisher Attack (which comes with a nice tower and a catapult/siege-tank thing) for $15!

I'm really hoping the Kre-o Battleship will also go down to $20 eventually too, it looks like a nice ship to build.

I hope I don't upset too many people by posting about not-LEGO, but I was at Target today and they had the Kre-o Optimus Prime (the large one 542 piece set) reduced to clear for $20! They also had Mega Bloks Warcraft sets reduced, including the 299 piece Demolisher Attack (which comes with a nice tower and a catapult/siege-tank thing) for $15!

I'm really hoping the Kre-o Battleship will also go down to $20 eventually too, it looks like a nice ship to build.

Cue Arnie voice: "Get Out".

darth-vader-no.jpg

Now on topic, I know for a fact that Toy Corner has the mini modular set in stock as of oh, say three days ago. :wink:

Plus we can also guess that in the next three weeks Kmart, etc., will start decking out their shelves for the mid-year madness. :grin:

EDIT - Lego.com has just listed 60026 Town Square for $ 129.99 (not too bad price wise in my opinion)......I'm going back to see if anything else is up yet.

Link - http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Town-Square-60026

Edited by lightningtiger

Yeah that's not a bad price. Lets hope that whoever gets the set locally doesn't add a markup on top.

Checked on a couple of the other sets I wanted and managed to pull up a page for the Grand Prix Truck at $39.99 (not that bad given that it has 3 figures, a large truck AND a Grand Prix Racecar)

Couldn't find any pages for the cargo sets although some of the Coast Guard sets seem to be in the database (I dont care for those so I didn't dig too deep)

Creator sets are up too, tree-house is listed at $49.99, family house at $99.99 (a good sale should be able to bring both sets somewhere near the US RRP)

LOTR is there with the pirate ship costing $139.99 and the elves council costing a somewhat over-priced $59,99.

Its going to be hard to decide what sets to buy this year (although a local release of the Haunted House would be quite high on the list, especially if it had a discount to make the price more reasonable)

Also, anyone in Perth this weekend should check out the WA Brick Society annual train layout at the Claremont Showgrounds, really looking forward to it this year (its my biggest contribution to date)

Also the heliplane is only 59,99, stunt plane 19.99, cargo truck 39.99.....which in comparison with the grand prix truck sounds a bit of a rip off ? :hmpf_bad:

I'm trying to dig up more, but you have to hunt each one on their own as there is no show on the actual listings page at S@H....odd, maybe tomorrow being the first of June eh ? :wink:

20% off toys at Myer for the stocktake sale preview on Tuesday. Starts 5:30pm for most, but all day for WA & Tas. Should be some new stock in time for it? Lone Ranger at least.

I imagine that they will be out in a few weeks time like last year.

I got them (LotR sets) late May last year.

Someone in another forum reported that a MYER in Sydney was reported as having the Kingdoms Joust, Horizon Express and also the Mini Modulars in stock.

Didn't expect the Mini Modulars to make it to Oz.

I saw the Mini Modulars in Meyer Macquarie Park today.

That sounds like a good release date for the LOTR sets, but last year, weren't they a "winter" (our summer) release? This year's wave is a summer (our winter) release.

Not sure if anyone is still bothering with fishpond.coma but they've got a nice little scam going with Superman kits. Their site has 76002 listed with the image to 76003. I saw this the other day and jumped at it given its listed at $30 or so. Now I realise they will be mailing out 76002 and not 76003 - I looked at the image and not the kit number and description. Not sure I'l have any recourse - so might as well cancel the order.

Can't believe I fell for this with these scumbags !!

Did the Mini Modulars have the VIP only logo on the box? It is interesting that it has been released, unless they are trying to clear out stock?

Any Kmart workers able to confirm that Kmart is no longer having a Midyear Toysale? Or is it just a rumour ?

Well, where did you hear that information? I would assume that they would still have one.

(I do work there, but I'm just a casual)

Well, where did you hear that information? I would assume that they would still have one.

(I do work there, but I'm just a casual)

From 2 reps that frequent kmarts, but not Kmart management hence the question. Time will tell.

Well, in other news, the new SW and LOTR are on S@H.

Thanks! I've never ordered there. Does anybody know how long the shipping usually takes?