Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Just received an email flyer from Target - they are having a three day sale, which includes 20% off Lego. Runs Saturday through Monday inclusively.

Just received an email flyer from Target - they are having a three day sale, which includes 20% off Lego. Runs Saturday through Monday inclusively.

Sadly for South Australian's it's only two days......only Target Country stores will be open on Monday and the Lego sale does apply to them ! :cry_sad:

Damn, a Target 20% off everything sale AND a TRU 20% off City sale? Now I need to resist the urge to go out LEGO shopping tomorrow even more :(

So tempted by the animals and other cool parts in the Mill Village Raid, the cool looking bits in the Space Centre, the boat bits in the Marina, and all the NICE parts in the London Escape...

Damn, a Target 20% off everything sale AND a TRU 20% off City sale? Now I need to resist the urge to go out LEGO shopping tomorrow even more :(

So tempted by the animals and other cool parts in the Mill Village Raid, the cool looking bits in the Space Centre, the boat bits in the Marina, and all the NICE parts in the London Escape...

I'm a newbie to Lego, so I was just wondering with Myer and Target what are the normal percentage off sales which come around. At the moment Target has 20% and I was just wondering if it ever is any bigger?

I'm a newbie to Lego, so I was just wondering with Myer and Target what are the normal percentage off sales which come around. At the moment Target has 20% and I was just wondering if it ever is any bigger?

20% is pretty standard - not often will you need to buy anything at RRP as it's pretty regular.

Myer will sometimes have an extra 10% if you are a Myer One member making it about 28%. Highly recommend you join Myer One as it's free.

Kmart here in Townsville has Toy Story sets 7596 and 7597 on clearance for $ 59.99 and 99.99 respectively. Would this be nation wide or local only?

20% is pretty standard - not often will you need to buy anything at RRP as it's pretty regular.

Myer will sometimes have an extra 10% if you are a Myer One member making it about 28%. Highly recommend you join Myer One as it's free.

Thanks for the response. I might wait to purchase some sets for the next 20% off at Myer.

Kmart here in Townsville has Toy Story sets 7596 and 7597 on clearance for $ 59.99 and 99.99 respectively. Would this be nation wide or local only?

Yep, nationwide. :wink:

Thanks for the response. I might wait to purchase some sets for the next 20% off at Myer.

Mind you Target will stock some Lego sets that Myer won't have and vice versa

I bought mine today, they are $19.95, 2/3 of the RRP.

I went through Amazon as I didn't it was out here. and got the new Ideas book too.

1           The LEGO® Ideas Book    £9.99               1    £9.99

1  LEGO® Star Wars Character ...    £8.24               1    £8.24

Myers has started stocking the minifig cases, I only saw the 8 fig one though. RRP 19.99 Ouch, you can go to Big W and get the 16 one for the same price.

Edited by Brickus

Toys R Us have the following on sale from 05 October to the 25 October:

• 7964 Star Wars Republic Frigate $ 169.99
  • 7929 Star Wars The Battle of Naboo $ 44.99
  • 8200 Cars 2 Radiator Springs Lighting McQueen $ 10.99
  • 8679 Cars 2 Tokyo Circuit $ 119.00
  • 8089 Star Wars Hoth Wampa Cave $ 64.99

And all Pirates of the Caribbean 25% off

Just check the Toyworld web site and found only two specials.....20 bucks off the Creator Hillside House and 10 bucks off the Technic Bucket Truck.

'Concept' you forgot the TRU truck set for only 54.99 - I might buy another one ! :wink: (if I can :blush: )

Edited by lightningtiger

Just check the Toyworld web site and found only two specials.....20 bucks off the Creator Hillside House and 10 bucks off the Technic Bucket Truck.

'Concept' you forgot the TRU truck set for only 54.99 - I might buy another one ! :wink: (if I can :blush: )

Starting your own TRU transport company ;)

Starting your own TRU transport company ;)

Why, not ! :laugh:

But on topic, Toyworld at Harbour Town next to Adelaide Airport had a deal for series 3 and 4 minifigs, if memory serves me correct 3 for 10 bucks....I'll call them tomorrow to check if it's still on. :wink:

K-Mart at Belmont, Perth has the following on sale:

Mill Village Raid #7189 for $96, RRP $119.99

Dragon Prison #7187 for $28, RRP $34.99

Looks like they are trying to clear all the Kingdom sets, not just the earlier wave.

That's a very high price for the Mill Village Raid. Shopforme.com.au has it for $87.95 plus postage.

Not a bad deal but even if the postage was free, $96 isn't a "very high price" by comparison. Once you include postage you'd end up saving a few dollars.

:classic: :classic:

Toys R Us Aus have just launched their online store - to save $10 off your order by 9th October enter the coupon code "GET$10" at checkout.

Haven't bothered to look at their Lego collection but the email had a Duplo brick tub as one of the examples of available toys.

Enjoy!

Toys R Us Aus have just launched their online store - to save $10 off your order by 9th October enter the coupon code "GET$10" at checkout.

Haven't bothered to look at their Lego collection but the email had a Duplo brick tub as one of the examples of available toys.

Enjoy!

Their selection is appalling and overpriced. $169.95 for Public Transport?? $69.95 for the Toys R Us truck?! Rofl. Sure, it's exclusive, but you can get the generic yellow "Lego" one for $36!! A different colour scheme and a little shop doesn't make it worth twice the price.

Edited by MrZ

That's a very high price for the Mill Village Raid. Shopforme.com.au has it for $87.95 plus postage.

Sadly I'll have to take the higher price at retail because I'm got terrible OCD about the condition of the box. :laugh:

Their selection is appalling and overpriced. $169.95 for Public Transport?? $69.95 for the Toys R Us truck?! Rofl. Sure, it's exclusive, but you can get the generic yellow "Lego" one for $36!! A different colour scheme and a little shop doesn't make it worth twice the price.

Agree. I've bought a lot of Lego over the years but I have to say, I've not bought a single set from TRU.