Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I checked Target Newton only an hour or so ago......still 31 bucks on special - mental note - need money to buy tomorrow ! :wink:

I have seen all the chatter about the mispriced QAR, however I just scored the Cannibal Escape from Target for $31.20! The ticket shelf price was 39.99 marked down to 31.20. When I scanned it though it showed up as the correct Aus retail of $59.99 marked down to $47. So after mentioning it to 4 staff members they agreed to the shelf price without any hassles. That's only $1.20 more than the US price true believers!

Wait, wait, that was mispriced?

That's great! I didn't even know about that, and neither did the staff, it seems. I bought my Cannibal Escape on Thursday, and I wasn't aware of this. :laugh:

Unfortunately, one thing that's escaped me is the Isla de Muerta set. It's not at my local Target, and looks like I'll just need to buy this at retail price, oh well.

Anyway, Pharaoh's Quest is exciting, if it starts showing up soon. I'm glad I don't have any major plans (just the four smallest sets), because that would really throw my Star Wars plans out of balance.

BigW Runaway Bay (Gold Coast, QLD) appeared to have the full complement (I think) of Cars2 sets in stock. They also had one POTC QAR left at the regular price of $146... which is still $3 less than Target's at 25% off.

I didn't see any PQ sets tho. (I would've noticed!)

Edited by Cadder

I just placed an order for 8092 Luke's Landspeeder at the Big W site for AU$42.87 (I missed this set when it was available in store).

Shipping was $7, but I used the code 'BDAY5' to get $5 off. I think it is a 'spend $25 online and get $5 off' code. Total price was AU$44.87 shipped.

Given that it is still $49.99 at Lego S@H (without shipping), I think this price was ok.

Edited by Splat

Hi Guys

www.catchoftheday.com.au has a couple of sets on sales today

Lego World Races Desert of Destruction was $169 AUD now $79 AUD

Lego Toy Story 3 Loto's Dump Truk was $39.99 AUD now $19.95 AUD

Lego Technic Mini Telehandler was $19.99 AUD now $9.95 AUD

Lego World Racers Gator Swamp was $69.99 AUD now $34.95 AUD

Lego Hero Factory Duncan Bulk was $15.99 AUD now $7.95 AUD

Lego Hero Factory Natalie Breez was $15.99 AUD now $7.95 AUD

Paul

Edited by OzVirtualPaul

I bought the Cannibal Escape from Target last week, the day before the 20% off sale (I didn't know it was coming) and it was $39.99. If I took my receipt with me, could I still purchase another one for this price and get the 20% discount as well? Do Target have to honour their previous price stuff-up? I'd like to know the rules for sure on this before I go back in, because it was embarrassing when they rejected the $5 voucher they had previously told me I could use.

One thing I don't understand is why Target staff always automatically try not to let anyone take advantage of a special offer or discount, as if they're the ones losing money? Why should they care that a customer saves a few dollars, they still get paid the same for working, and aren't penalised for helping a customer out.

Do Target have to honour their previous price stuff-up? I'd like to know the rules for sure on this before I go back in, because it was embarrassing when they rejected the $5 voucher they had previously told me I could use.

They aren't even legally required to honour an advertised price, so the answer is no.

I tried to get Queen Anne's Revenge off Toys R Us on the weekend with the 20% discount as the shelf-price was listed as $159 as some people have managed but no luck. :thumbdown:

My understanding of the law is that if the shelf price (or price tag) says x, they have to sell it for x.

My understanding of the law is that if the shelf price (or price tag) says x, they have to sell it for x.

If there is more than one price displayed for an item, you are entitled to pay the lower price.

If the retailer gives you any trouble, refer them to schedule 3, cl 164 of the Australian Consumer Law, and the $5 000 penalty provided thereunder.

This will not help the purchaser who bought the item prior to it being discounted.

cheers

chrism

On the shelf at our store it still has a $39.99 price tag, despite scanning for $47.20 with the 20% off

'jonwil' is correct if that is what is on the shelf, then the lower price must be used.

Yep, my luck bad that is went back to Target Newton and guess 47.20 scanned at - oh, just picked up 4192 instead.....actually wanted that set more than the other one anyway !

Kmart stores are looking bare again.....I don't know what's happening there ? :look:

Brick On Everyone ! :wink:

Yeah, I thought about it, but I'm not that into the set. Might try get them later on if they are heavilly discounted, but they are just so expensive

If there is more than one price displayed for an item, you are entitled to pay the lower price.

If the retailer gives you any trouble, refer them to schedule 3, cl 164 of the Australian Consumer Law, and the $5 000 penalty provided thereunder.

This will not help the purchaser who bought the item prior to it being discounted.

cheers

chrism

That's interesting chrism, because traditionally the buyer makes the offer to the vendor at the counter.

I can't find a schedule 3 to the ACL either; could u provide a link?

Thanks

That's interesting chrism, because traditionally the buyer makes the offer to the vendor at the counter.

I can't find a schedule 3 to the ACL either; could u provide a link?

Thanks

Apologies - it's schedule 2 (found at volume 3 of the online text of the legislation)

Link here

cheers

Apologies - it's schedule 2 (found at volume 3 of the online text of the legislation)

Link here

cheers

Article 165: multiple pricing clickus linkus

Note that it's a huge file so it may take awhile to jump from the first page to the linked one. Just wait a bit...

Today I finally received some of the Technic sets that I ordered from The Hut. I placed the order on the 14th of April, so it took them just over a month to get here from the UK, despite the 'Usually dispatched within 24 hours' note on the website.

They were packed side by side in the box, and as a result, one of the set boxes got a bit squashed. Luckily I buy Lego to build the sets and MOCs, not to invest in MISB collections, so I'm not too concerned. The rest of the box was packed with air pockets, but I wish that they would learn to put the sets in the middle of the box and have the air pockets around the outside to protect the contents a bit more.

Overall I paid about 54.8% of the Australian RRP, and saved myself about AU$100.

The 8043 Excavator that I ordered at the same time is still 'Awaiting Stock Pick'. I'm hoping to save about another AU$130 by ordering this from The Hut. I guess I just have to patiently wait for this one to arrive though... :hmpf_bad:

Today I finally received some of the Technic sets that I ordered from The Hut. I placed the order on the 14th of April, so it took them just over a month to get here from the UK, despite the 'Usually dispatched within 24 hours' note on the website.

They were packed side by side in the box, and as a result, one of the set boxes got a bit squashed. Luckily I buy Lego to build the sets and MOCs, not to invest in MISB collections, so I'm not too concerned. The rest of the box was packed with air pockets, but I wish that they would learn to put the sets in the middle of the box and have the air pockets around the outside to protect the contents a bit more.

Overall I paid about 54.8% of the Australian RRP, and saved myself about AU$100.

The 8043 Excavator that I ordered at the same time is still 'Awaiting Stock Pick'. I'm hoping to save about another AU$130 by ordering this from The Hut. I guess I just have to patiently wait for this one to arrive though... :hmpf_bad:

Hey Splat, which Technic sets did you get? Do hope that you at least get the 8043 Excavator unlike all of us who got a refund + a loss of 3% from total cost due to o/s charge (at least I did).

Hey Splat, which Technic sets did you get? Do hope that you at least get the 8043 Excavator unlike all of us who got a refund + a loss of 3% from total cost due to o/s charge (at least I did).

I picked up the following:

These were just the small sets that I added to my order - why order one set when you can order many! I didn't really need/want the last two, but they were on special and I couldn't resist. Bricks are addictive! :wacko:

What I really want is the 8043 Excavator... I just got another canned email stating that they are still waiting for their suppliers.

Sorry to hear that you lost 3%. They have only charged my Credit Card for the sets that they have actually shipped, so they haven't charged my Credit Card for the 8043 yet.

Edited by Splat

Is there a cheaper way to get the Bank & Money Transfer than buying from K-Mart that doesn't involve PayPal? (i.e. buying from overseas BL sellers is out)

Is there a cheaper way to get the Bank & Money Transfer than buying from K-Mart that doesn't involve PayPal? (i.e. buying from overseas BL sellers is out)

Why the hostility towards PayPal? Usually it's the vendors that have had a bad experience. (I had one selling a computer on eBay, and I then refused to use PayPal for a year. I relented because it's just so damn convenient, and the convenience encourages buyers to bid higher.)

Usually PayPal goes overboard protecting buyers, at the expense of sellers. That is, they'll reverse a transaction if the buyer makes a case (lost in the mail, etc) and the vendor is left high and dry. That usually explains the horror stories. Oh, and the fees, which again don't affect the buyer.

Anyway, there appear to be two Australian BrickLink vendors who would almost certainly welcome a fee-free bank deposit as payment:

The cheapest is $65, here.

Hi all. I'm new here (first post) so apologies if this was posted already. :blush:

Amazon UK have free shipping on books to Australia and the Brickmaster series are in that category. Therefore the sets are about $16 delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO®-Star-Wars-Brickmaster-Lego/dp/1405356227/

In the case of the Star Wars one, that's great value as it has 240 bricks and 2 figures.

Worth even getting a couple of them for custom builds or spare parts.

The other sets only have 140 pieces.

Also be aware of the pre-order sets as they will push the delivery date of the order way off. Free shipping means they ship them all at the same time.

Edited by Lego Love

Target Cannington (WA) still have POTC Cannibal Escape ticketed at $31.20.

Also Big W Livingstone have Cars 2 Flo's V8 Cafe ($97) and the Mack truck set ($64ish)

Target Cannington (WA) still have POTC Cannibal Escape ticketed at $31.20.

Also Big W Livingstone have Cars 2 Flo's V8 Cafe ($97) and the Mack truck set ($64ish)

I grabbed a couple of Cannibal Escapes because of the discount, but in retrospect even $30 is a bit average. The minifigs are great, but the RRP for that set is way too high.

QAR on the other hand is awesome at the sub $150 Target and BigW price. The ship has great presence.