Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

has anyone seen the Sydney Habour Bridge built with LEGO at Myer City Store in Sydney?? I wish i could purchase a small scaled version of that!!! i saw on youtube someone showing a video of them walking around the LEGO store, and there was a small model in the glass window of the habour bridge with the Opera house too !!!>. i wonder if LEGO will ever sell them to the public !

Edited by hanzocloud

Can any one confirm if they've purchased Lego from Target when a %OFF sale starts on Thursday,

but managed to sneak in on a Wednesday prior to them closing and got the discount (eg: 20% Off?)

Just throwing it out there?

"Keep on boycotting PoTC RRP prices"

Edited by Clone-Trooper

My local Target has the cannibal PotC set currently scanning at $39 (this was mentioned a while back by someone else at a different Target store), so I assume it will be $31.20 tomorrow. Even though that's almost half off RRP I'm still not tempted (although I reserve the right to kick myself later for not grabbing such a bargain).

My local Target has the cannibal PotC set currently scanning at $39 (this was mentioned a while back by someone else at a different Target store), so I assume it will be $31.20 tomorrow. Even though that's almost half off RRP I'm still not tempted (although I reserve the right to kick myself later for not grabbing such a bargain).

I can confirm this price, though I also wasn't tempted to get it

In case it hasn't been said or noticed, the Target 20% off all lego doesn't include the QAR. The QAR is 25% off - selling at $149.

I bought all of the PoTC sets today and I can confirm that the Cannibal Escape was $31.20 at Target, basically half off, I contemplated getting two, but didn't. I can also confirm that my Myer had all the PoTC sets, apart from Isla De Muerta, and they were going to price match only the 20% discount on their RRP, so I went with Target instead. If anyone was wondering, ALL the PoTC sets have the instructions, posters, and stickers in cardboard plastic bags.

Edited by Brickus

Just a heads up with all the sales at the moment

TRU at Pac Fair have the PoTC QAR for a shelf price of $159. Take off their 20% they have running currently and it comes down to $127....

oh and they also had a fresh box of Series 2 Minifigs out..... no idea why!

Just a heads up with all the sales at the moment

TRU at Pac Fair have the PoTC QAR for a shelf price of $159. Take off their 20% they have running currently and it comes down to $127....

oh and they also had a fresh box of Series 2 Minifigs out..... no idea why!

Are you sure the $159 isnt the price with the 20% already taken off, cos $159 is 20% off RRP of $199. If you are right then that is kind of unheard of for TRU to sell a new set at well below RRP!! And anyone got a price on the series 2 minifigs? One of the children I look after at my work told me he got a couple of spartans at his local TRU the other day for $2.50 each....I didn't believe him as I didnt think they had series 2 anymore, but now I am wondering......

Yeah, I saw a box of Series 2 at Belconnen TRU the other day.

:classic: :classic:

Just bought 16 packs :D

Are you sure the $159 isnt the price with the 20% already taken off, cos $159 is 20% off RRP of $199. If you are right then that is kind of unheard of for TRU to sell a new set at well below RRP!! And anyone got a price on the series 2 minifigs? One of the children I look after at my work told me he got a couple of spartans at his local TRU the other day for $2.50 each....I didn't believe him as I didnt think they had series 2 anymore, but now I am wondering......

At the Adelaide store I've only seen series 3 recently. Also anyone looking for a cheap cannibal's escape at Target Adelaide, you won't have much luck, it's the only set sold out (to a re-seller(s) I assume, although at that price the time and hassle might not be worth it as I don't think it will be a set with a high demand).

If anyone can provide confirmation either way about the toys r us QAR price, that would be greatly appreciated.

And anyone got a price on the series 2 minifigs? One of the children I look after at my work told me he got a couple of spartans at his local TRU the other day for $2.50 each....I didn't believe him as I didnt think they had series 2 anymore, but now I am wondering......

$3.99 RRP so $3.19 after discount. Need to find out what I'm missing before I go again :) and if they last that long.....

Grabbed the QAR from Target Midland for $149. :classic:

Only one left, there were three when I called a few minutes earleir so they seem to going quick...

Also Target Maroochydore had some of the new LEGO Cars sets, Classic Mater, Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen, Escape at Sea, World Grand Prix Racing Rivalry, and Mater's Spy Zone. They also had lots of stock of the PoTC sets.

Oh, yeah ! I just scored The Mill and London Escape for 115.20 at Gepps Cross TRU. It seems HQ for TRU made a printing error on the shelf stickers and put the special 20% off price as regular retail price. Was just lucky they hadn't changed the said labels yet ! :laugh:

Keep on shopping for bargains ! :laugh:

Oh, yeah ! I just scored The Mill and London Escape for 115.20 at Gepps Cross TRU. It seems HQ for TRU made a printing error on the shelf stickers and put the special 20% off price as regular retail price. Was just lucky they hadn't changed the said labels yet ! :laugh:

LT - you see any Series 2 minifigs or SW Battle Of Geonosis at Gepps Cross?

The $159 was on the normal yellow shelf price tag under the plastic shelf stripping.... Normally they have their special sale prices on a big call out card.... I'll go back to double check on my next break and take a photo for good measure!

The $159 was on the normal yellow shelf price tag under the plastic shelf stripping.... Normally they have their special sale prices on a big call out card.... I'll go back to double check on my next break and take a photo for good measure!

thanks lostdriveway

looking forward to the results.

Just scan it using a price checker scanner. The server that supplies the prices is the same one as the cash register.

Sadly, I'd guess you'll find it the same as every other Toys R Us: they aren't a chain known for their generous discounts!

Ok just got back

Got a TRU employee to scan in the box of the QAR and he said the shelf price is $159 and you get a further 20% off that price making it roughly $127!

Also the Series 2 minifigs are $3.99 less a further 20%.

QAR Shelf Ticket

photo-3.jpg

other PoTC sets on sale..

photo-4.jpg

Edited by lostdriveway

I scanned some sets at Toys R Us Adelaide after work but they came up as one lot of 20% off. Were others having people at the register manually taking an extra 20% off lego as well?

They did have about a 2/3 full box of series 2 minifigures as well as some series 3 there.

Ok just got back

Got a TRU employee to scan in the box of the QAR and he said the shelf price is $159 and you get a further 20% off that price making it roughly $127!

Lucky there isn't a TRU around here then, I might buy it at that price... and I don't need to...

They did have about a 2/3 full box of series 2 minifigures as well as some series 3 there.

Yeh I had a good go at that one. 16 packs, 10 singles, 6 dupes - so I'm going back there on Saturday in hope all you guys haven't cleared it unless someone can help with some S2 spares (PM me!) :sweet:

Inspired by the report of Toys R Us pricing incompetence over the ship, I did a bit of late night shopping...

Unfortunately, my nearest TRU at Hurstville (Sydney) hadn't made the same mistake: :cry_sad:

5712781030_145f1576ce.jpg5712780234_fb7606bd63.jpg

Oh well, I feel even a mispriced $127 for the QAR was still borderline too much anyway. I'll save the money for the Pearl and make do with the smaller sets I got from Target.

(BTW, Target Hurstville has shelves overflowing with POTC as of tonight, which is unusual, as they're normally the worst LEGO stocking dept store around.)