Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I can confirm that Perth CBD DJs are honouring the $139 Cargo Train price. They had two of them on the shelves last night, I grabbed one and resisted the urge to take the other and profiteer on ebay. I hope this goodwill toward other Lego buyers comes back to me in the form of a Grand Emporium, Perth seems to be getting very small numbers of these and I keep missing out. =[

Pretty sure I was dealing with the fulltimer in charge of toys and she wasn't aware that it was a pricing error. It scanned in at $239 and when I mentioned the catalogue & pointed at the in-store signage, she just said "oops must be a mistake" and changed it no hassles.

DJ's Carindale had a small "sorry, we stuffed up our catalogue price, it's really $239" sign up, so get in while you can.

Or hide the small sign when you go to the registers :devil:

Regarding Grand Emporiums in Perth, as of last Thursday there was one on the shelf in the CBD store (which I promptly bought having finally decided that yes I could afford one :). As of tonight there were none on the shelf at all (plenty of Fire Brigades though if you want one of those).

No idea if Karrynup has any Emporiums or not.

The other option is to just buy from the DJs online store and pay the $13 shipping charge :)

The other option is to just buy from the DJs online store and pay the $13 shipping charge :)

GE is showing sold out now :-(

I've now tested this and can confirm it is a valid coupon, 20% off anything not already on sale.

Here's the original post if the above link doesn't work.

Agree with emilyjem, coupon certainly works!

Even try sneaking in a advertised/discounted item with your full price purchase like I did because

the cashier didn't even bother reading the conditions, she just scanned all my items and then I gave

her the coupon, once scanned it deducts 20% off the whole receipt price so even better savings to be

had if you can score them !!!!

Regarding Grand Emporiums in Perth, as of last Thursday there was one on the shelf in the CBD store (which I promptly bought having finally decided that yes I could afford one :). As of tonight there were none on the shelf at all.

<snip>

No idea if Karrynup has any Emporiums or not.

On Thursday I called DJs Karrinyup and was told they had 3 units in stock, got one put on hold for me & was preparing to trek North on Friday arvo to grab it.

Then on Friday I got a call from the CBD store where I had left my name and the lady said another unit had become available since it was on hold for awhile & the person no longer wanted it. Great for me since I work near the city & it's open late on Friday. When I got there the box was a bit beat up with two sections where sticky taped notes had ruined the artwork. It was the only one they had so I asked for a discount, no problems, got an extra 10% off, happy with that.

Also noticed the other cargo train was gone. Signs still advertising it for $139 were up & no sign suggesting an error/apology. So there might still be 3 Grand Emporiums left at Karrinyup if anyone is still hunting.

Thanks to darkhorse & Clone-Trooper for the TrU 20% off heads up. Managed to grab a Public Transport at a decent price (well, best us Aussies can expect).

Anyone know what the normal TRU price for the Portal Of Atlantis is or what it comes down to as a result of this sale?

Anyone know what the normal TRU price for the Portal Of Atlantis is or what it comes down to as a result of this sale?

Im sure I saw $154/$164 or $159, there abouts over the weekend for Atlantis: "Portal of Atlantis set"

I could be out by a few dollars though

Edited by Clone-Trooper

Some decent prices coming up at Big W from Thursday if any of these sets grab your fancy:

#8089 Hoth Wampa Cave $54.74 (RRP $79.99) discount = 32%

#8092 Luke's Landspeeder $42.87 (RRP $49.99) discount = 14%

#8093 Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter $28.72 (RRP $49.99) discount = 43%

#5866 Creator Rotor Rescue $14.66 (RRP $19.99) discount = 27%

#5867 Creator Speedster $38.74 (RRP $39.99) discount = 3%

#5893 Creator Off Road $98.00 (RRP $139.99) discount = 30%

#8896 Racers Snake Canyon $16.62 (RRP $17.99) discount = 8%

#8897 Racers Jagged Jaws $24.74 (RRP $34.99) discount = 29%

#8898 Racers Wreckage Road $38.73 (RRP $54.99) discount = 30%

#8077 Atlantis Headquarters $49.72 (RRP $79.99) discount = 38%

#8076 Atlantis Deep Sea Striker $28.74 (RRP $34.99) discount = 18%

#8078 Atlantis Portal of Atlantis $98.00 (RRP $159.99) discount = 39%

#7632 Crane $49.00 (RRP $99.99) discount = 51%

#8964 Power Miners Titanium Command Rig $49.00 (RRP $139.99) discount = 65%

#8087 Star Wars Tie Defender $49.00 (RRP $89.99) discount = 46%

http://www.lasoo.com.au/catalogue/big-w-catalogue-what-s-on-your-wishlist-0212/4kmrtmc7o.html

Edit: from Thursday, 2 December.

Edited by dotmike

Hey All,

I know this has been asked here once before, but whats the average time that

BigW actually rolls over the "Thursdays" catalogue prices on Wednesday evening?

anyone have a time frame?

Cheers,

G'day everyone.....tomorrow Kmart has selected sets for 12 bucks including the city tow truck and city lighting repair truck.

Check your junk mail this week....only Target isn't putting any Lego on sale this week ! :wink:

Keep on shopping everyone ! :sweet:

Some decent prices coming up at Big W from Thursday if any of these sets grab your fancy:

[snip]

#7632 Crane $49.00 (RRP $99.99) discount = 51%

#8964 Power Miners Titanium Command Rig $49.00 (RRP $139.99) discount = 65%

[snip]

http://www.lasoo.com.au/catalogue/big-w-catalogue-what-s-on-your-wishlist-0212/4kmrtmc7o.html

Edit: from Thursday, 2 December.

Big W seems to have started early, at least with the two above sets scanning at the reduced prices this afternoon. Spotted at Big W TTP (Adelaide).

Edited by KartoffelViking

Now for some good news.....we will NOT have to wait for the new city police sets like we did for the fire range.....January it is.....direct information from Lego.

Oh, yeah and that monster space shuttle, that was S@H.....in 2011 it will be available but though who is the question.

Keep on waiting for 2011. :sweet:

I must say sorry, my bad :blush: ....Target do have some Lego on sale, most notable is Echo Base over 10 bucks off normal selling price.

Keep on shopping everyone ! :wink:

K-Mart Maddington (WA) have dug out a few PoP Battle of Alamut sets - scanning at $45ea

Did you happen to see any Quest Against Time sets on discount?

Can anyone suggest the best (read cheapest) place to get a Cad Bane speeder in Perth?

I need 2 white seats by Sunday for a MOC and this set is the only currently-on-the-shelf set that has them.

If anyone knows of another way for me here in Perth to get 2 white seats by Sunday (by buying a set or otherwise) please speak up.

Thanks for the tip on the PoP, that price is ~1/3 of RRP, might head to Maddington on Saturday and pick one up. (its too good to pass up)

Edited by jonwil

I was in a hurry so didn't really look much - these just stuck out at me. But I will swing past today and take a look.

I went to my local K-Mart today and they did have the Quest of Time Lego set but the price

is the same at it has been $59.

The Star Wars Tantive set is still at $229 and if I remember correctly, those two sets

went to clearance 6 weeks ago now but haven't fallen any further in price, whilst other

sets continue to drop in price.

Good luck to those that can get the PoP Alamut set for $45 !!!

Hey guys, Im pretty sure Ive posted something in this topic before but I cant find it (nothing related to this though).

So Im going to Melbourne at the end of January (2 days after brickvention :sing: ). Is there any specifically lego store around the city anywhere? Or is it all just department stores?

Thanks guys!

Edited by Roncanator