Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Cheers for that, I'll check out my local store and scan some barcodes tonight. My Toy Story 3 order from Big W arrived today, quite impressed with the packing and the price

Online seems the way of the future even for the big retailers default_thumbup.gif I'm all for it, it takes a train and a bus and an hour long journey to get to the nearest Big W from me.

Online seems the way of the future even for the big retailers default_thumbup.gif I'm all for it, it takes a train and a bus and an hour long journey to get to the nearest Big W from me.

I am 1500kms away from anything other than K-Mart or Target, so I am very pleased to be able to order from Big W online. I've made plenty of overseas purchases, but some of our store deals in Australia have been amazing in the past year or so

Update on the Series 1 Minifigs, Target Armadale has 1 box, maybe 80% full. The box is up by the registers, not in the toy section. The skateboarder is now gone as it was the last one I needed for the set. Target Cannington has 2 boxes which are maybe 50% full for each. Still a few zombies and ninjas left if anyone is keen, don't know about cheerleaders. Target Bullcreek has nothing, I heard they had a couple of boxes 2 weeks ago, couldn't find anything.

For some reason they had the Toy Story Pizza Planet Truck for $111.99! I'm sure it's only about $75 at BigW full priced, no?

$55.22 right now

Tried 2 different BigW's today and both times the item scanned at $73.62, same as ticketed. Just jumped on here now to ask where you saw this price when I noticed the posts about BigW online. Aha! That would explain things. Now if only you could do a lay-by online.

Edited by craym0nk

I just wanted to say to the Perth guys if you're down that way check out the toy world in Beeliar/Success. It has a really nice range of Lego there and has always has a decent stock level when new sets first come out. Recommended. Definitely streets ahead of toy world in canning vale at least and its not THAT far away..

About the City Transport - I would add on at least 6 months onto the release date for it to appear in Oz. I had to wait that long for Fire Brigade, not to mention Winter Toy Shop that was released throughout the rest of the world just about a year ago and it hasn't even arrived here yet! :cry_sad: I'm feeling your pain!! I'd love a City Transport as well. On the bright side, its so much sweeter opening something that you've waited a while for. I loved opening my Fire Brigade and I took my time to build it!

As Svelte mentioned the City Transport is a TRU Exclusive, not a S@H exclusive so it will be arriving shortly.

The S@H Exclusives, numbered 10XXX are exclusive to S@H for a period of 6 months before they are allowed to be sold by other retailers. This is the same in the US, so the choice is to order them from S@H or wait at least 6 months till they are possibly picked up by retailers. Sets like 10200 didn't even show up in Aus shops from memory, so if its something you really want like the Christmas house you could consider buying from S@H rather than being disappointed.

Cheers. :classic:

EDIT: Woot! My box of Series 2 Minifigures arrived today via Bricklink and worked out at less than $3.00 a figure :grin:

I just wanted to say to the Perth guys if you're down that way check out the toy world in Beeliar/Success. It has a really nice range of Lego there and has always has a decent stock level when new sets first come out. Recommended. Definitely streets ahead of toy world in canning vale at least and its not THAT far away..

That's intriguing, I'll have to check it out.

The website says they're having a sale at moment, I don't suppose Lego would be on sale as well? :sceptic:

Noticed the following reduced Clearance pricing at Kmart today;

- Woody's roundup $39

- Tie defender $50

- Farm (City not Duplo) $65

The construct a Buzz / Zurg had also been reduced further along with a couple of the small Duplo kits (you van tell I have small kids - noticing Duplo pricing !!!)

And as mentioned earlier the Army men is at $13.

Good hunting !!!

Kmart at Logan today had the farm set marked down further to $65 grabbed one at that price there were 3 left and Woody's round up was down to $39 so grabbed one of that too, there were 4 left of that.

Also of note the build a zurg was down to $20, build a buzz I think was $30, the midi scale falcon was $35 and the toy story army men were $13

I need a second job

That's intriguing, I'll have to check it out.

The website says they're having a sale at moment, I don't suppose Lego would be on sale as well? :sceptic:

I was just there the other day and didn't see anything on special..

don't get me wrong..it's not amazing..but it always has a really good range out of the local stores anyway.

Edited by melike75

Minifig series 1:

Target Helensvale (Gold Coast, QLD) have six open boxes, but by the state of the packets thrown around all over everywhere, they've probably been ransacked for Zombies, Cheerleaders and Robots.

Target Ipswich had two boxes, both about 50% full.

I didn't see any on Saturday. Question: whereabouts in Target do they keep them?

This appears to vary from store to store.

Helensvale they're at the checkout queue - down on a low shelf so small kiddies can pester for them while mum's in line.

Ipswich they're about adult chest-height in the toy section - smack in the middle of all the other sets.

Anecdotally: the reason I know Ipswich had two boxes, I saw a guy at the checkout (Monday Lunchtime) buying a SEALED box! They'd obviously not opened all the display boxes while stocking the shelves. (I immediately went to check if there were any more unopened, but alas, he must've nabbed the last one.)

At Target's price point of $3.75 (they're only $2.99 if you can find them in TRU), he was prepared to fork out $225.

The funny part was, the hapless checkout chick was having conniptions because when she scanned the box, the entire box (of 60) scanned at $3.75. She ended up having to call over a manager, to explain that they weren't having a "98% off" sale.

Edited by Cadder

This appears to vary from store to store.

Helensvale they're at the checkout queue - down on a low shelf so small kiddies can pester for them while mum's in line.

Ipswich they're about adult chest-height in the toy section - smack in the middle of all the other sets.

Anecdotally: the reason I know Ipswich had two boxes, I saw a guy at the checkout (Monday Lunchtime) buying a SEALED box! They'd obviously not opened all the display boxes while stocking the shelves. (I immediately went to check if there were any more unopened, but alas, he must've nabbed the last one.)

At Target's price point of $3.75 (they're only $2.99 if you can find them in TRU), he was prepared to fork out $225.

The funny part was, the hapless checkout chick was having conniptions because when she scanned the box, the entire box (of 60) scanned at $3.75. She ended up having to call over a manager, to explain that they weren't having a "98% off" sale.

Someone in Germany picked up 3 full boxes for 2 euro per box this way...

and I've been to Target umpteen times & still not seen anything. The checkouts are all on the ground floor and the Lego is upstairs. They do have some Lego games now though.

Thanks for that info, MicroM and Hemish! Just went out and got Woody's Roundup and the Farm.

I need a second job

Heh, I just want a job. :laugh:

Edited by slopemodified

I don't think this has talked of yet but Target stores are now stocking Kingdoms a week or two early !

This was at TTP tonight, about the same prices plus one cent as Toyworld prices.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

target has all the lego games too - as does myers and BigW - at least in Carindale

Thanks. Do you recall seeing Lunar Command? I haven't seen this anywhere !

Myers TTP had some Lego Games, but I didn't see any at Target....but silly me forgot to check the games area.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Just got a Toys R Us promotional email that was slightly confusing, but seemed to imply there was 25% off some sort of LEGO Friday 27 August (today) - Sunday 29 August? There seems to be a typo though so I'm not sure if it's 25% off all LEGO or just some - it was accompanied by a pic of the Technic Buggy.

Also TRU are having "Buy 2 LEGO games, get $5 off" this weekend. Seems pretty stingy to me!

Just got a Toys R Us promotional email that was slightly confusing, but seemed to imply there was 25% off some sort of LEGO Friday 27 August (today) - Sunday 29 August? There seems to be a typo though so I'm not sure if it's 25% off all LEGO or just some - it was accompanied by a pic of the Technic Buggy.

Also TRU are having "Buy 2 LEGO games, get $5 off" this weekend. Seems pretty stingy to me!

I believe that it is only 25% off Technic sets.

Agree on the games - very, very stingy!

Target must be stocking new stuff all over. Target in Cannington, WA just got some of the games in, as well as new sets. So expensive!

Games

Magikus, Robo Champ, Race 3000, Ramses Pyramid, Creationary and Harry Potter

Atlantis

8077 Atlantis Exploration HQ - $80

8078 Portal of Atlantis - $160

Kingdoms

7946 King's Castle - $170 (shocking price! *oh2* )

7947 Prison Tower - $90

7948 Outpost Attack - $35

7949 Prison Carriage - $18

7950 Knight's Showdown - $13

Creator

5893 Offroad Power - $140

Target must be stocking new stuff all over. Target in Cannington, WA just got some of the games in, as well as new sets. So expensive!

Games

Magikus, Robo Champ, Race 3000, Ramses Pyramid, Creationary and Harry Potter

Atlantis

8077 Atlantis Exploration HQ - $80

Kingdoms

7946 King's Castle - $170

7947 Prison Tower - $90

7948 Outpost Attack - $35

7949 Prison Carriage - $18

7950 Knight's Showdown - $13

Creator

5893 Offroad Power - $140

Target Helensvale (Gold Coast, QLD) have the same range at the same prices. Newly stocked.

With all the new Kingdoms sets now appearing, I couldn't help feel a little disappointed I still can't find any Court Jester Impulses anywhere.

Atlantis

I saw 8078for the first time this morning. :wub:

Up 'til now I haven't been interested one iota in any of the Atlantis sets, but this one almost made it to my "must have now!" list!

Target also seem to be the sole (at this stage) distributor of World Racers sets - and appeared to have the full complement of sets.

Edited by Cadder

The Target on the Sunshine Coast also has 4 boxes of Collectible Minifigs (I was able to complete my collection! I also helped one guy find a Ninja) and all the new Atlantis sets. They had the Harry Potter board game too.

Target Bondi Junction had all the new sets listed above apart from the new Atlantis ones.

Target Helensvale are down to 1 box of Series 1 minifigs. I'm presuming it's the ransacked remnants of the 6 boxes I mentioned earlier - and it's been moved to the toy section and not at the front checkouts any more.

K-mart Helensvale have sold out of *ALL* the clearance stock Toy Story sets they had earlier in the week, and they've also sold out of 7778 Midi Millenniums Falcon, but there are still three or four Tie Defenders left. I nabbed their last Woody's Roundup set for $39. Target were still flogging it for $89. The only TS sets they had left after were the newer TS3 ones at full rate.

I didn't see any farm sets.

Still no sign of any Public Transport in Target or Kmart there either.

I did wonder (when my Mrs asked me why the set I picked up was so cheap) what line of newcomers Kmart were expecting to stock their newly-cleared shelves with. I'm hoping it's Christmas stock. Seeing Advent Calendars and Winter Toy Shop/Bakery in retail stores in Aus would be a welcome novelty.

Maybe that's TOO much to hope for.

Edited by Cadder

Er 'Cadder' I hate to break it to you....but public transport set is TRU only set unless you buy it online some where....either Lego.com or BTTW I guess ! :sweet:

Come on September ! :wink:

By the way - still no sign of the Lego city house 8403 ! :angry:

Aw well, I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

This is already known, but September various stores round Oz are going to have demos for the new games out.

Anyone have any new news about the series 2 minifigs? Or the next wave of games?