Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Sorry mate, I'm not having any more luck than you are. I rang Big W Waverley Gardens; nothing on the clearance sales. I also asked them if they had 5974 (Galactic Enforcer) and they told me it was discontinued. From what I've heard Big W sold it for $117, so you might have to settle for that if you're still after it.(IF you can find one).

Oh and I meant to ask this the other day, is there a Brisbane Lug anywhere??

Gambort and a few of his mates get together to drink and build but thats all as far as I know. There seems to be quite a few AFOLs in the brissy area though so if you felt like starting a LUG it would probably be a succsess.

I dropped into two BigW's in Brisbane, the Space Police and Star Wars kits mentioned in other posts are indeed on clearance. Looks like the Agents stuff might be a local thing from Adelaide though, the ones I picked up rang thru at full price...damn!!

Plenty of supply of all other kits though - saw plenty of Pig Farms at the Garden City store (though I left it there at $48!!)

Hope everyone got what they wanted at the sales. Noe we need to save for the Target sales

I dropped into two BigW's in Brisbane, the Space Police and Star Wars kits mentioned in other posts are indeed on clearance. Looks like the Agents stuff might be a local thing from Adelaide though, the ones I picked up rang thru at full price...damn!!

Plenty of supply of all other kits though - saw plenty of Pig Farms at the Garden City store (though I left it there at $48!!)

Hope everyone got what they wanted at the sales. Noe we need to save for the Target sales

Hi MicroM

Might be a stretch, but would really like the Enforcer and Venerator - any chance you could buy these on my behalf? Happy not to have the boxes and simply send the pieces and instructions ....

Also - apologies to side track, but is there a PM function in the forum?

Hi MicroM

Might be a stretch, but would really like the Enforcer and Venerator - any chance you could buy these on my behalf? Happy not to have the boxes and simply send the pieces and instructions ....

Mainee, you need 10 posts before PM is allowed, I believe it's there to stop people setting up accounts purely for the purposes of spamming. If you haven't done so, introduce yourself in the new member topic (that's one more post) and just one more and you have ten.

Edited by hewman

No sign of any clearance product at the Big W in Belmont Forum. Only one pig farm left (not buying it at that price though)

All in all, I think K-Mart did a better job of their sale (toy product all either in the toy section or the large sale section up the front of the store) than Big W who put toys everywhere and made them harder to find.

I've just got back from Big W Campsie in Sydney and ended up buying 2x Galactic Enforcer, 2x Wind Turbine Transport and 1x Venator-class Cruiser. They had stock of everything: 2 Galactic Enforcers left (after my purchase!), 1 Y-Wing, 3 or 4 Venator-class Cruisers, 2 Millennium Falcons, 3 or 4 Wind Turbines, 5 Pig Farms, 3 Landspeeders, tons of Police Stations.

Interestingly, as someone else mentioned, the Wind Turbine was still labelled at full price, but after scanning it came up at the sale price of $29.62.

Hi MicroM

Mainee

I'll drop back by my local BigW and see what they have left. If I can get the kits you're after I will.

Do a few more posts so you can turn PM on, and we can sort out the postage details.

And have to agree with the BogW comment - they had stuff everywhere. The landspeeders were with the Toasters at my local... go figure!!!

Thanks for the clearance tip. There's no Big W near me and the closest one is usually sucked dry of anything good, so I got my regional mum to check out her local Big W and she scored a Galactic Enforcer and Y-Wing at the clearance price. She says she couldn't find any Landspeeders; maybe I should tell her to check the toasters :laugh:

I've just got back from Big W Campsie in Sydney and ended up buying 2x Galactic Enforcer, 2x Wind Turbine Transport and 1x Venator-class Cruiser. They had stock of everything: 2 Galactic Enforcers left (after my purchase!), 1 Y-Wing, 3 or 4 Venator-class Cruisers, 2 Millennium Falcons, 3 or 4 Wind Turbines, 5 Pig Farms, 3 Landspeeders, tons of Police Stations.

Interestingly, as someone else mentioned, the Wind Turbine was still labelled at full price, but after scanning it came up at the sale price of $29.62.

The wind turbine is such a bargain, I would love to get a whole bunch of them. Anyone seen them in adelaide?

Mainee

I'll drop back by my local BigW and see what they have left. If I can get the kits you're after I will.

Do a few more posts so you can turn PM on, and we can sort out the postage details.

And have to agree with the BogW comment - they had stuff everywhere. The landspeeders were with the Toasters at my local... go figure!!!

Thanks MicroM - you are a star!

I picked up that wind turbine set and a galactic enforcer and the midi falcon and the other space police set, some real bargains, when I was there there was a lady trying to find some cheap lego for her sons so I gave her one of the wind turbine sets I had, she said it was too expensive and I just smiled and said go scan it :)

She came back with a big grin on her face and her kids were chuffed

Hi all, Don’t forget that all stores should price match even with items on clearance, they did for me at TRU with some of the items that are on clearance from Big W. :classic:

Hi all, Don’t forget that all stores should price match even with items on clearance, they did for me at TRU with some of the items that are on clearance from Big W. :classic:

But it's not in the catalogues...?

Well done on getting them to match price for you but most places expressly exclude clearance items from price matching.

But it's not in the catalogues...?

I asked about that and was told that providing that it wasn't a % off all Lego or toys

I was honest with them and told them that it was not in a catalogue but at clearance price not advertised and they said that that was ok I don’t know if it helped me because I was there the day before buying some Temple of Doom’s and spoke to the same person that I saw yesterday, I don’t think so.

Any way it worth a try if you want them that bad.

Thanks to the intel from you Aussie members I was able to score 2 Galactic Enforcers and 2 Temple of Doom.

Oh yer!

Thanks to the intel from you Aussie members I was able to score 2 Galactic Enforcers and 2 Temple of Doom.

Oh yer!

I'm assuming you're not in Melbourne?

I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Australia won't be getting any Pig Farmer or Knights Kingdom impulse packs in any stores except some online ones. I hope it's not the case, but it does look like it's true so far.

On a much brighter note, I can confirm that Big W does indeed have a few really good sets silently reduced with no advertising (at least in my local store) which will certainly be discovered during the big Toy Sale rush tomorrow, so if your local store is still open and you want one of these sets, go in and get it right now!

5974 Space Police Galactic Enforcer - RRP $149.99 is now $67.00

8039 Star Wars Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser - RRP $229.99 is now $129

7747 City Wind Turbine Transport - RRP $79.99 is now $29.62

7636 Combine Harvester not sure but it's cheap too!

Good luck!

Was this Big W Tweed? I just came back from the Robina one and don't remember seeing any of these prices. Will drop back in tomorrow to see if they're available. This is nuts.

Sunshine Coasters get excited :classic:

8089 Wampa Cave and 5892 Sonic Boom were both available at KMart at the Sunshine Plaza, and at Caloundra. Each were $69 I recall, which is way overpriced for Wampa Cave in my opinion. Sounds OK for Sonic Boom though, LEGO's MSRP being $89 for it.

Just came back from being to two BigW's. First went to the campsie store trying to find the wind turbine sets but I didnt see any :( Musta missed out. They had HEAPS of sets all opened etc etc I was so shocked! There was one Y-Wing opened but I didnt take it as I wanted a perfect box. Oh well.

However I did manage to pickup 7739: Coast Guard Patrol Boat & Tower!! I was pretty surprised. The chick who scanned the barcode couldnt scan it and somehow managed to scan two of the Red car sets and let me through. I was pretty shocked that I found that 7739 already and at a 'special' price is a bargain!

I also dropped by rockdale big w and they didnt have many interesting sets.

Well, Big W at Success (gateway - wa) have some clearance stuff too.. i dont remember most of them but i did see the star destroyer thingy..

Sorry mate, I'm not having any more luck than you are. I rang Big W Waverley Gardens; nothing on the clearance sales. I also asked them if they had 5974 (Galactic Enforcer) and they told me it was discontinued. From what I've heard Big W sold it for $117, so you might have to settle for that if you're still after it.(IF you can find one).

Same here! I can't find any of these clearance sales in Melbourne. No wind turbines at the two Big W I visited today. :hmpf_bad:

I got the pig farm anyway, could not resist the piggies.

Sorry, did not get to read the post earlier but will give you a shout if Enforcer is spotted.

Kmart was better, got the XXL Box and some of the fire set. :classic:

Do you know what set has almost or has soldout at Kmart's around Adelaide - the little fire pickup truck with trailer for 14 bucks - their are none left at three Kmarts I visited !

Got my Luke;s Landspeeder from BigW, layby'ed a cargo train at Myers TTP and Wampa Attack, Fire Copter and Station at Kmart - I was busy eh ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet: