Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

I have some SAD news, according to Lego Australia yesterday morning - set number 7566 farmer impulse will NOT be comming to Australia ! :cry_sad:

Dam it ! :angry:

It's not on the list for 2010 at all ! :wacko:

Plus the TRU public transport exclusive is slated for September release, TRU told me sometime in August a little while back by email.

I'm a conformist! ! :wink:

What are you talking about? 7566 is on Lego shop at home right now and has been for a couple of weeks. I'm going to stock up in the next couple of days. My 4 year old has been picking up every coin in the house and putting them in his moneybox waiting for the space shuttle to come out.

If that falls through I might come back begging :tongue:

So far I have managed to resist having huge mankinder hissy fits in any LEGO retailer. I have considered it more than once though :-)

What are you talking about? 7566 is on Lego shop at home right now and has been for a couple of weeks. I'm going to stock up in the next couple of days. My 4 year old has been picking up every coin in the house and putting them in his moneybox waiting for the space shuttle to come out.

That's fine for S@H, but I'm talking about in shops, i.e. Target, Toyworld, etc.,.

Now I also MUST call Lego now to comfirm another shock, that both Wizard and Jester WON'T be comming to an Aussie toy shop real soon !

I hope that they are comming - I'll let you all know as soon as I find out and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

That's fine for S@H, but I'm talking about in shops, i.e. Target, Toyworld, etc.,.

Now I also MUST call Lego now to comfirm another shock, that both Wizard and Jester WON'T be comming to an Aussie toy shop real soon !

I hope that they are comming - I'll let you all know as soon as I find out and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

It could be that the Impulse sets haven't been selling (e.g. Atlantis and traveler) and so a decision has been made not to continue with the line further.

It could be that the Impulse sets haven't been selling (e.g. Atlantis and traveler) and so a decision has been made not to continue with the line further.
I agree that that may be the case. I haven't seen many impulse sets for sale in general, which might be the cause or result of low sales. So far I've still only seen one local shop with SP3 impulse sets in stock (an independent book/hobby store) & I only saw the K9 Bot there once. Pity, because I'd buy 2 or 3 more, I want more officers for the new base.

It seems like Toyworld is the place that seems to have the biggest stock of the Impulse sets (that's where I found my traveler and Atlantis Impulse sets)

TRU hurtsville restocked up on the traveller impulse. There were at least 30+ units, when I checked last week.

I'm going on a lego/toy run today with some friends, here's hoping we spot a bargain or two

It has been reported on brickset that toyworld are having a sale starting tomorrow with $30 off their passenger train exclusive, bring it down to $199. Also they have 3 collectible minifigs for $10 (if they have any in stock that is).

I am surprised its almost mid June an nothing on a toy sale yet.

If you look at the current Big W stocktake catalogue, down the bottom in small print it says something along the lines of "please note mega toy sale starts July 1st". Going off previous years I'm guessing Target and K-Mart will stagger theirs by a week or so off that.

If you look at the current Big W stocktake catalogue, down the bottom in small print it says something along the lines of "please note mega toy sale starts July 1st". Going off previous years I'm guessing Target and K-Mart will stagger theirs by a week or so off that.

Kmart should be the same time as BigW like last year, whether or not the No Deposit Layby will be back at Kmart will be interesting.

The Target Toy Roadshow came through Perth about 3 weeks ago and I would expect Target's toy sale to start 2 -3 weeks after Kmart and BigW's.

I am surprised its almost mid June an nothing on a toy sale yet.

From what I have heard there's not much to report.

7950 Knights showdown is available at toyworld Adelaide for RRP of $12.99, no sign of either the new train sets, any other kingdoms sets or collectible minifigs though.

My local toyworld had 3 passenger trains last week, but they where all gone yesterday when I went in to throw one on layby. Try having a chat with the staff, I did and they called the warehouse. As a result, either tomorrow or friday they should be getting both the passenger train and the new kingdoms Kings Castle in for me.

I'll layby the train as its a b'day present for our eldest, but I might get the castle right away as its for the biggest kid in the family :tongue:

IMG_7809.jpg

Target had the smaller ships for $12 down from $17 and the larger ship for $43 down from $59

Toyworld had the minifigs but they were $4 a hit

IMG_7809.jpg

Target had the smaller ships for $12 down from $17 and the larger ship for $43 down from $59

Toyworld had the minifigs but they were $4 a hit

Nice swag! My foray into town just then was not so successful. Target was sold out of the specials, noone had the minifigs, and noone had %$#!@ K9 Bot. Everyone has (if they have them at all) the new sets at full price.

noone had %$#!@ K9 Bot.

Toyworld Adelaide has it for $6 if that's any help. Looked like pretty fresh stock too so maybe toyworlds around the country just got more in.

Toyworld Adelaide has it for $6 if that's any help. Looked like pretty fresh stock too so maybe toyworlds around the country just got more in.

I got it for that much in a bookshop at the start of the year. Haven't seen it since. I got one from eBay last year with the Space Speeder for $10 inc postage. Thanks for the info, I'll give Toyworld another try later this week. When I was there they had a partly opened box of castle impulse sets ready to shelf. Who knows what else is in stock but not in store! Bad pun intended.

Has anybody seen the MMV in a store lately? I know it was exclusive to Target on release, but haven't seen it anywhere since they ran out of their initial stocks, and the impression I got from Lego australia was that it was still flagged as an exclusive to them :hmpf_bad:

Might have to harass the good folks at toyworld into seeing if they can get it for me, I'd love to pick up a couple before its discontinued, and don't want to pay ebay/bricklink prices or S@H postage :tongue:

edit: Which castle impulse did you spot in the box, Artanis? Was it just the showdown, or did they have the prison carriage rescue as well?

Edited by Belchher

I saw the MMV in a Target a few months ago. I would have grabbed it, but my wife was with me...

It has been reported on brickset that toyworld are having a sale starting tomorrow with $30 off their passenger train exclusive, bring it down to $199. Also they have 3 collectible minifigs for $10 (if they have any in stock that is).

I don't know about other sets, but I went down today to Toyworld in Balcatta (Perth) and the collectible figs were already 3 for $10. Bargain :) Couldn't help myself but snap up another big bunch. My zombie horde is growing....

I saw the MMV in a Target a few months ago. I would have grabbed it, but my wife was with me...

Dam it another down-todden male AFOL, do what I do have that much around she wouldn't notice anything new ! :pir-cry_happy:

Got the castle last week, she thinks it's made from old castle parts ! :tongue:

I haven't notice anything new at Kmart in the last few days, neither at Target, I might have to go asking again. I'll keep you all posted and as usual, I'm a conformist! ! :pir-sweet:

Has anyone seen any discounts on the Lunar Limo anywhere or do I have to hope someone has it on sale in the mid-year sales? (or pay RRP which is everyone seems to want for it)

Also, some reports based on my trips today:

Toyworld in Fremantle had LOTS of stock in their newly expanded store including:

Kingdoms

Space Police

Train Station

Passenger Train

Fire Brigade

Minifigs (saw a box behind the counter but that was it)

I did see a "sale" sticker on a few items including the Passenger Train. No sign of any impulse sets anywhere that I could see. (or of a price on the Minifigs, didn't check since I have all the figs I want now)

MYER in both Fremantle and Booragoon had various amounts of stock of the Fire Brigade, Flagship, Endor, 3 TS3 sets, Space Police and the Train Station. Fremantle also had an Emerald Night on the shelf (with a $150 price tag).

Oh yeah both stores also had stock of the new cargo train (with a price tag of $300) but from the looks of the way it was displayed, its likely going to be part of the sale (and will be available for less than $300)

Oh yeah both stores also had stock of the new cargo train (with a price tag of $300) but from the looks of the way it was displayed, its likely going to be part of the sale (and will be available for less than $300)

Any train crossings yet ?

I'm a conformist! !

no sign of the train crossing yet

I did see the new Lambo cop car set at a MYER though (cant remember which one)

no sign of the train crossing yet

I did see the new Lambo cop car set at a MYER though (cant remember which one)

Do you mean the 8169 Lamborgini Gallardo?