Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Toys R Us Garden City has Simpsons House, City Space Starter Set, Utillity Shuttle, Training Jet, Deep Sea Starter Set, big divers boat, VW Van, Mini Cooper, new NinjaGo (including the City Of Stix which I think might be exclusive to them), new Star Wars and new Minecraft. No sign of the Deep Sea Operation Base so either its not a TRU exclusive or they haven't gotten any yet.

Big W has new NinjaGo, some new Elves/Friends stuff, new Star Wars, the Iron Man Hulkbuster set (which I only mention because I know its hard to come by), all of the new City Space and all of the new City Deep Sea except the Deep Sea Operation Base. No City Square.

Target has new NinjaGo, new Elves, new Friends (including the Heartlake Grand Hotel) and a Simpsons House. No new City or Star Wars spotted.

MYER has new NinjaGo, a NinjaGo Brickmaster book and nothing else new.

K-Mart has new Minecraft, Friends, Elves, basically all the City except the Deep Sea Operation Base (including the City Square), new NinjaGo, new NinjaGo flyers and new Star Wars (including the death star duel)

K-Mart Loganholme has new NinjaGo (including the flyers), Minecraft, Star Wars, City (including City Square), Elves and Friends.

MYER Loganholme has new NinjaGo (including the flyers), a pair of Opera Houses, new Minecraft, Star Wars, Friends (including the hotel), the City Square, the blue cargo train and some other new City sets.

Big W Loganholme has a bunch of new City (including the City Square), NinjaGo (including the flyers), Minecraft, Star Wars and Friends (including the hotel)

Big W Beenleigh has NinjaGo (including the flyers), Minecraft and City (including the City Square).

No sign anywhere of the Kwik-E-Mart as of yet and no heavy haul train spotted at any of the Big W stores I was able to hit.

Got my Space Starter Set but ended up realizing that even at the deep bargain price of $170 something Big W want for the City Square, I just cant afford one :(

Shopforme has recently sold out of the Kwik-e-mart.at $263.99. Thanks for the detailed listing.

I said I was done with Big W after the mid year toy sale and their lack of stock but the Shuttle Tydirium is mine!

I was already going to pick up 60073 service truck and 60083 snowplough today at $20 a piece + 10% off. I was in no rush for the shuttle, because I don't have the time to build large-ish sized sets, and would have happily waited for a Myer 20% off sale. But the Big W I visited had 4 or 5 on the shelf and at $125 + 10% off, sold. That's $112.50 total, 19.64% off RRP - close enough :wink:

I picked up the snowplough for $18 no problem, but there was only one service truck left on the shelf and it had a gapping big hole in the top of the box. I took it to the service desk and asked if they'd discount damaged stock and if they'd open the box to verify the contents were complete. All the bags were inside and intact and I was told I could have it for $15. I took it to the register to get my lego haul scanned then whipped out the 10% off voucher making the service truck $13.50, 55% off RRP. Totally worth it.

And the staff were super helpful all round. Im very grateful.

A good day all in all. Plus pictures of the Star Wars The Force Awakens sets appeared online. Now there's more to covert. It's going to be super hard to resist buying the new sets that are released next month and wait until December. I'll have to see the movie first and like what I see before putting down that sort of cash. The problem is it will be just before Xmas so no sales and if I like what I see I'll want them immediately, no waiting for boxing day sales.

Is it a scumbag move to buy them on sale in the upcoming months and come December if I don't want to open and build them return them to the store? I suppose it's possible but I've never done that before. "I'd like to return $500 worth of unwanted lego Xmas gifts please" :laugh:

Jonwil you need to start charging SE Qld members money for your store reports. That's a comprehensive amount of stores *huh* I know what I rather be doing with my Saturday - not that :wink:

Edited by afolaus

It may look like a lot of stores but its really only 3 locations, Garden City then Loganholme (which is on the way back from Garden City to my house) then Beenleigh (my local area).

Plus, going to LEGO retailers is fun and maybe hell will freeze over and I might end up with some amazing bargain :)

Spaceport, Shuttle Tyridium and most of the deep sea sets at Big W Menai, not much at Bankstown

No sign of the Town Square yet, though Menai had it tagged on the shelf, no stock yet

It may look like a lot of stores but its really only 3 locations, Garden City then Loganholme (which is on the way back from Garden City to my house) then Beenleigh (my local area).

Plus, going to LEGO retailers is fun and maybe hell will freeze over and I might end up with some amazing bargain :)

All fun stuff. The Kwik-E-Mart has been spotted in target at retail price.

BigW at Golden Grove had some of the new city sets, but City Square;s space had a tag and NO stock.......I bet smegging Ebay'ers ! :angry:

Saw 4 Hulkbuster sets at Big W on the Sunshine Coast, for $45 this afternoon.

Thank you Brickus, your suggestion prompted me to check the BigW website (why didn't I do that before... derp!) and I scored the last one from Robina a few days ago.

Big W has 20% off all Lego online

..Pretty slim range, but some good stuff like City vehicles for $16

Use the code LEGO-20

pick-a-brick wall?

Not to get off topic, but oh man do I want this. I'd bet this will be a thing, even if the prices aren't as good as US ones.

Has anyone seen the new LEGO Justice League Attack of the Legion of Doom movie with Trickster minifigure anywhere yet. It is supposed to be released on the 26th of this month, usually DVDs come out earlier than the release date.

Its a September release so we should be seeing it in the next month or so depending on when stores actually get their stock.

There are rumors that stock levels of the Scooby sets wont be that massive (i.e. the same thing as happened to the Jurassic World sets) so I wouldn't be hanging on too long for a %off sale or something if you really want the sets (especially the mystery machine which is likely to be the top seller)

Has anyone seen the new LEGO Justice League Attack of the Legion of Doom movie with Trickster minifigure anywhere yet. It is supposed to be released on the 26th of this month, usually DVDs come out earlier than the release date.

My local Big W had them - they were marked $20 but scanned at $28. It was closing time so I couldn't be bothered arguing over what the correct price was so I put it back. Only the DVDs (not Blu Rays) have the bonus fig.

Some of the TFA Star Wars sets spotted at Toyworld, Forest Hill (VIC).

75099 Rey's Speeder $43

75101 Tie Fighter $105

75103 First Order Transporter $180

75104 Kylo Ren's Shuttle $200

Since it's Toyworld those prices are probably above RRP

Edited by P13c30fch33s3

Toys R Us are having a Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price sale on selected sets (click the link for the catalogue) starting this Wednesday 2 September.

I checked the forum guidelines to see if this was ok to ask and it seems to be, would anyone that's also in the Sydney area want to meet up during the sale period and go halves on some The Force Awakens sets.

I was in no rush to buy these sets but if paired with some one else 25% is an offer too good to refuse. But it only makes sense on the same sets or identically priced sets otherwise I can wait for a 20% off sale at Myer, I really don't need two of each set ;)

The sets I'm interested in (with out seeing a movie that's 3 months from release) are:

75099 Rey's Speeder

75102 Poe's X-wing Starfighter and

75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle

Prices aren't released yet but RRP are purported to be:

75099 Rey's Speeder - $39.99

75100 First Order Snowspeeder - $59.99

75101 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter - $99.99

75102 Poe's X-wing Starfighter - $129.99

75103 First Order Transporter - $149.99

75104 Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle - $179.99

75105 Millennium Falcon - $249.99

Let's hope there's no TRU tax.

There's also an offer of spend $100 on Star Wars and get $10 to spend on your next purchase. That $10 can only be spent after the BOGO offer ends.

PM me if you're interested.

Edited by afolaus

Oh, I was only in Toy Corner earlier today and saw a stack of Wall-e's among new Friend's, City and Star Wars (NO ep. 7 sets yet though).