Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

Target Brisbane CBD has new Pirates

MYER Brisbane CBD has Architecture Big Ben, Lincoln Memorial, Trevi Fountain, UN HQ, Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Imperial Hotel and Villa Savoye, Mindstorms EV3, VW Bus, new Pirates and new Ultra Agents.

Only thing of note at David Jones Brisbane CBD was a few Simpsons Houses (not exactly hard to find) and a whole bunch of the DJs exclusive Fairground Mixers (which for some reason dont seem to be selling...)

Don't waste your time with Big W Brisbane CBD, they had absolutely ZERO clearance items left.

Mr Toys Brisbane CBD had a fairly full range of stock including a whole bunch of those Winter Village Markets (that also seem not to be selling...)

Oh and one more thing, for those out there who have been looking for one, MYER had stock of the Super Heroes Braniac Attack. So anyone out there who wants one, hit up your local MYER.

BTW does anyone know who will be getting the City exclusives (Hovercraft Arrest and Water Plane Chase) this year?

Edited by jonwil

Got reports from another forum that the Mini and Detective's Office have started showing up at MYER (in Perth at least).

Now we just need another sale and hope the scalpers haven't cleaned out all the stock by the time that happens...

Both MYER and Target have 20% off starting this Wednesday (although after Big W has drained everyone's wallets I doubt anyone will have the money to hit either store :)

Edited by jonwil

So no-one else has noticed (or cares) that MYER are now selling the Braniac Attack set?

I care. I saw it mentioned in your previous post and it's very much appreciated.

Last year's Ultra Agents have clearance tags at Kmart, I suppose that means that the new sets aren't far away. Pretty crazy, as they're good sets and haven't been around for very long at all. Big truck was @$100 I think.

And some Chima sets (mammoth & phoenix temple thing) on clearance at Target.

Both MYER and Target have 20% off starting this Wednesday (although after Big W has drained everyone's wallets I doubt anyone will have the money to hit either store :)

Ughhh, my bank account is telling me no but my LEGO addiction is telling me yes.

Last year's Ultra Agents have clearance tags at Kmart, I suppose that means that the new sets aren't far away. Pretty crazy, as they're good sets and haven't been around for very long at all. Big truck was @$100 I think.

And some Chima sets (mammoth & phoenix temple thing) on clearance at Target.

Those Ultra Agent sets don't seem to be to popular, unless everyone already bought theirs and Kmart is stuck with them. They also have some clearance tags on the bigger bionicle sets for $20 if there are any left.

Yeah, unfortunately at $90 for the Hydra Fortress Smash it'll take a general 20% off sale and a whole lotta good fortune in finding one at the time to see me actually buy it :( damn you Quicksilver...

Maybe not a big deal to WAers but I did manage to pick up a Milano for $70 from Big W in Mirrabooka.

That's close to half the UK price so I was happy.

If I find a Hydra Fortress for around $70 with reductions of be tempted to take one of those home to the UK too!

Kmart's only really awesome deal from Thursday is city great vehicles for 20 bucks.

Target appears to be doing better discounts than 20% on Avengers sets.......the new Quinjet is 30 bucks off to 99 bucks.

I noticed on Myer online that they are running "introductory" prices on Avenegers sets. Different from the 20% off sale.

Avengers Hydra Showdown 76030 introductory price $29.95 price after 26 Apr 2015 $39.95

Hulkbuster Rescue Mission 76031 introductory price $39.95 price after 26 Apr 2015 $49.95

Attack On Avengers Tower 76038 introductory price $79.95 price after 26 Apr 2015 $99.95

Quinjet City Chase 76032 introductory price $99.00 price after 26 Apr 2015 $129.00

I'm sure you can't apply the 20% on top of this but it would be worth enquiring about if you are interested in these sets.

Edited by afolaus

Neither MYER nor Big W at Logan Hyperdome had any sets worth buying (no indication that MYER ever had any Minis or Modulars). However, Big W Browns Plains did have 2 of the Agents big rig trucks (on the normal LEGO shelves but with a Drop Zone price tag attached) if anyone happens to be looking for some.

So DISGUSTED at all the scalpers snagging all the good LEGO.

Heard a report from someone on another forum that not only was a scalper at Brisbane CBD allowed to buy 2 full stock cages of product (including all the good stuff, modulars, Simpsons houses etc) but a MYER staff member gave this person an additional 20% on top of the 20% sale price.

Disgusting.

If you don't like this, go to the MYER Facebook page and "like" the posts people have made about it. Use the power of social media to shame MYER into taking action (Giving an additional 20% off on top of the 20% sale is almost certainly NOT something that floor staff, even department managers, are authorized to do by head office)

Scored a $100 ISD from BigW today despite the place being completed gutted the moment the dropzone sales started and the staff claiming that everything was on the floor.

Just goes to show with regard to BigW pay no heed to anything the staff say regarding stock levels.

Now I just have to work out how to get that awful sealing tape off...

Scored a $100 ISD from BigW today despite the place being completed gutted the moment the dropzone sales started and the staff claiming that everything was on the floor.

Just goes to show with regard to BigW pay no heed to anything the staff say regarding stock levels.

Now I just have to work out how to get that awful sealing tape off...

A hair drier is the best solution for that.

So DISGUSTED at all the scalpers snagging all the good LEGO.

Heard a report from someone on another forum that not only was a scalper at Brisbane CBD allowed to buy 2 full stock cages of product (including all the good stuff, modulars, Simpsons houses etc) but a MYER staff member gave this person an additional 20% on top of the 20% sale price.

Disgusting.

If you don't like this, go to the MYER Facebook page and "like" the posts people have made about it. Use the power of social media to shame MYER into taking action (Giving an additional 20% off on top of the 20% sale is almost certainly NOT something that floor staff, even department managers, are authorized to do by head office)

I picked up a mini and DO last week during the start of the sales.

I arrived late to work but i was able to get one of each

Also got a kombi when they restocked them later in the evening.

Yeha when i came to pick up the Mini and DO in the morning. There were scalpers already flooding Myer Sydney City.

I just didn't give them a second thought; i heard from other sources, that they were sold out in half an hour.

Later in the evening when i returned to pick up a VW Kombi.

Someone had two pet shops on hold when i went to pick up the kombi

Furthermore another customer had bought 14 frozen sets that evening as well.

I felt pretty bad for the kids who actually wanted one.

But gladly the staff restocked the frozen sets the following day.

alot of scalpers are lurkers on the facebok buy and sell groups who lie dormant until the sales appear and the use that as an opportunity to buy and resell above RRP.

for that reason alone; alot of active users wont post sales details or stock availability (when they are at the stores) to the page due to that reason alone

I have read the comments on the myer page and am appalled by the way myer have dealt with the whole situation.

I'm not surprised that a customer was allowed to hold on two cages worth of lego and also received an additional 20% off the already 20% off prices.

It happened during the drop zone sale at big W. where a staff member had apparently wheeled out a number of cargo train sets before they were released to the public.

its a pity the hobby has been ruined by people profiteering instead of actually sharing the hobby with others.

Thats my opinion anyway; unsure if it's right section of the forum.

for those who were looking for the mini cooper; there were two left at Moore park yesterday afternoon when i was shopping for homewares.

I agree with your sentiments, I actually but the exclusivrs through S@H so I don't have to compete with them... I do the same for my kids lego I don't want them to be disadvantaged because of others greed...

At Target, some of last year's SW is on clearance. Stacks with the 20% off. Vulture Droid $20, Droid Gunship $35 (!!!), maybe some others, but not all sets from that wave.

MYER Pacific Fair has a Simpsons House and a Sea Cow. I also saw a bunch of technic sets including an orange snowmobile, quad bike and some sort of drag race type car I didn't recognize. Oh and some sort of big green racing car.

MYER Robina has a Simpsons House, SSS! and at least one Cargo Train (for those who missed out on one at Big W).

Signage in store at MYER spotted for a 3-for-2 sale until Sunday. (no it doesn't stack with the 20% off)

No signs anywhere of any modulars.

Also spotted an SSS! at Target Helensvale.

Nothing in the drop zone at Big W Robina.

I did however see one other thing at Robina that really disgusted me. That thing was a stall right there in the middle of the mall selling bootleg LEGO product. Everything from Ninja Turtles to Simpsons to Super Heroes spotted. And yes people (who probably didn't know any better or know that they were buying counterfeit products)

It doesn't matter if the counterfeiters are making a product LEGO isn't currently making like the Thing big-fig I saw, its still a violation of the copyright of both LEGO and the company who owns the character they are ripping off and its still illegal.

People who derive profit by intentionally violating the copyright of other companies (whether that be a bootleg LEGO figure or a hardware device using open source software and not complying with the license or whatever else) really make me sick.

I see stories indicating that the NSW office of fair trading takes action on counterfeit goods, pitty I cant find any body in QLD that does the same (otherwise I would report these people to that body)

Edited by jonwil

I work at Robina and walk past that guy pretty much everyday - I've been meaning to secretly stick "I sell Fake Lego" signs up around his stall and see what happens!