Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

After all the success they've been having, maybe they think that they don't need our business.

Yeah it's been a really disappointing winter so far. Besides a billion new Opera Houses at Myer, I've seen very little stock anywhere that wasn't on the shelves from 6 months ago. Except Lego Movie stuff, that disappeared long ago, and I would be keen to pick up some more of that stuff for presents if I could find it! But no. And these are probably the last "decent" sales before Christmas. Not that they are decent this year.

Only new sets I've seen recently are the bike shop, speedorz and Ninjago.

But I have 1 really positive thing to mention about that catalogue, the Lego is all under the "boys & girls" category instead of "boys" for everything bar Friends etc.

I dropped into my local Target today, and they've relocated and expanded the toy section, including a large range of TLM sets (not including the new ones that are due out in August). Their shelf space and stock levels are obviously going to be different at each store, but if you're still in the market for some for presents, it might be worth checking them out once their 20% off sale starts next week.

I work in retail @ k-mart & another store, At K-mart where i work we still have Monster Fighter Haunted House's ($169) & Heaps of Lego Movie sets they just don't sell. Just Last night i had to put another Lego Simpsons Mini figure series box on the shelf.

That makes 3 Simpsons minifig boxes on the shelf, 2 full boxes and one about half full, over about a month we have sold half a box lol.

Disappointing about the $200 limit. "We strive to offer you an unrivaled shopper experience. Due to changes with our shipping logistics, we have recently had to review our free shipping threshold."

I dropped into my local Target today, and they've relocated and expanded the toy section, including a large range of TLM sets (not including the new ones that are due out in August). Their shelf space and stock levels are obviously going to be different at each store, but if you're still in the market for some for presents, it might be worth checking them out once their 20% off sale starts next week.

Yeah I noticed that Target has upped their stock levels a bit. Still don't have everything, but hopefully when the sale starts I'll be able to grab some stuff. I also noticed that there was no room for more stock and therefore new lines, but that is no surprise.

I work in retail @ k-mart & another store, At K-mart where i work we still have Monster Fighter Haunted House's ($169) & Heaps of Lego Movie sets they just don't sell. Just Last night i had to put another Lego Simpsons Mini figure series box on the shelf.

That makes 3 Simpsons minifig boxes on the shelf, 2 full boxes and one about half full, over about a month we have sold half a box lol.

I need to get a HH still! Which Kmart are you at?

Yeah, 3 strikes. The S@H thing doesn't bother me too much though I usually spend well over $200 when I purchase online. SDCC exclusives bug me.

At least when you spend $200 to get free postage you still get $200 of Lego. It's not like the postage cost goes up for us, unless you plan to still make purchases between $150-200.

Ì thought $150 was a nice number, perhaps the bean counters have looked into and figured that if you bump it up $50 people will pay it as if they get to $150 postage costs $40 or so, so why not get them to pay another $50 for free shipping?

here's the question: will they consider a 199.99 purchase free shipping?

Yeah agree, i've bought plenty of key rings to get over that $150 mark

It looks like another "Myer Parisian Restaurant fiasco" could be repeated by Target with the Ewok Village (and R2D2). Tonight Cannington had none of either after having heaps a week or so ago.

Yeah agree, i've bought plenty of key rings to get over that $150 mark

I would suggest asking them to consider changing it to $199.00. Even at $199.99, orders are often likely to be made up of more than one item, so the rounding issue would still occur, whereas reducing the threshold by $1.00 would mean no more having to buy a 'cheap' item (likely $5+) just to make up those last few 'rounding' cents.

I understand LEGO would like to benefit from essentially forcing people to buy a keyring/CMF/Mixel/Friends Animal, etc. with every order, but given they've just jacked up the free shipping threshold by $50.00, I don't think it's that much to ask them to drop it back by $1.00 as a good will gesture. It's certainly something that I intend to suggest in my complaint letter to them.

Failing that, just buy a single PAB item, which in the long run probably costs them more in handling and separate shipping than it would cost them to wind the threshold back by $1.00...at least until they get wise and start charging a surcharge or placing a minimum order value on PAB.

It looks like another "Myer Parisian Restaurant fiasco" could be repeated by Target with the Ewok Village (and R2D2). Tonight Cannington had none of either after having heaps a week or so ago.

I hope not, that would really suck. I've been busy reading and whatching reviews, building up the expectation of putting one on layby. I went into tarGet sunday, they had plenty of stock two rows deep, trying to pursade the staff to let me layby at the sale price early. Planning on getting to my nearest Target first thing tomorrow morning.

I really hope they still have stock - it would be the only set i've purchased this sale period (last year i bought at least half dozen).

Edited by jtr

Could they be ripping them off shelves to fill online orders?

I could confirmation my EV has shipped, so I'm ok. I didn't feel like camping out Target only to find out the stock was gone already when I arrived.

Anyone seen any of the new SW sets yet? They seem to be hitting everywhere else but oz atm...

It isn't August yet. Could start finding them next week. I am expecting to find sets locally in 3 weeks time, a few days after the end of LT's usual complaints about Eastern states getting all the favouritism. :tongue:

Its possible that some stores had stock out and then pulled it back (or were instructed to by head office) so they would have stock when the sale starts (i.e. it will get put back out tonight)

Well I be there first 8 am tomorrow morning - too keen ? nah . . .. . that's the definition of AFOL (At Front Of Line)

Its possible that some stores had stock out and then pulled it back (or were instructed to by head office) so they would have stock when the sale starts (i.e. it will get put back out tonight)

I think you're probably right. My local Target isn't putting the two big star wars sets out until after close tonight, well that's what they told me.

Well I be there first 8 am tomorrow morning - too keen ? nah . . .. . that's the definition of AFOL (At Front Of Line)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is 8am the time Targets are schedule to open tomorrow morning?

Is 8am the time Targets are schedule to open tomorrow morning?

Times can vary every store. It's best to look up what time your local Target opens on their site. For instance the closest one to me opens at 9am.

I had a look online the other day in preperation, again too keen, they're open 7am- midnight both tomorrow and thursday.

In case it's helpful for anyone, I just did a quick recce at Target Chadstone; at 8:30am, they had about 12 Ewok Villages, at least 25 R2D2s, and maybe 6 Creator Bike Shops.