Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

If my math is correct, the price on Helms Deep if you buy 3 of em comes down to ~$133 which is almost as cheap as the US price of $129

Now I just need to find 2 other people in Perth interested in a Helms Deep (and a MYER store willing to actually sell me some at the 3-for-2 price)

Should I just ring up all 6 MYER stores in Perth and ask if they have the set? Should I actually visit a store and ask directly? (Perth is the closest but I can get to any of the 6 easily enough)

Or do I just have to hope that one of the 6 stores has decided to ignore any instructions from head office to keep the items in the back and will actually sell me some?

If my math is correct, the price on Helms Deep if you buy 3 of em comes down to ~$133 which is almost as cheap as the US price of $129

Now I just need to find 2 other people in Perth interested in a Helms Deep (and a MYER store willing to actually sell me some at the 3-for-2 price)

Should I just ring up all 6 MYER stores in Perth and ask if they have the set? Should I actually visit a store and ask directly? (Perth is the closest but I can get to any of the 6 easily enough)

Or do I just have to hope that one of the 6 stores has decided to ignore any instructions from head office to keep the items in the back and will actually sell me some?

My thoughts exactly! Helm's Deep for 133, Weathertop for 60 and Uruk-hai army for 40.

Are there two people from Sydney who'd like to join me at Meyers this weekend? :classic:

Hello All

I do not want to rain on the parade...however, I went into Myer Brisbane City this morning and they confirmed they are having a 3-2 deal this weekend...but they also stated LOTR sets will not be part of it.

They did confirm LOTR sets will be in the Toy catalogue coming out in June, presumably with the 20% off sale, and they did say they are also getting the Camper Van although they could not recall exactly how much it would be.

In regards to LOTR sets they said Lego had made it clear none were to be put out before the June catlogue...so am now confused as someone has said they are already in store in Adelaide????

Anyone have any further info?

Hello All

I do not want to rain on the parade...however, I went into Myer Brisbane City this morning and they confirmed they are having a 3-2 deal this weekend...but they also stated LOTR sets will not be part of it.

They did confirm LOTR sets will be in the Toy catalogue coming out in June, presumably with the 20% off sale, and they did say they are also getting the Camper Van although they could not recall exactly how much it would be.

In regards to LOTR sets they said Lego had made it clear none were to be put out before the June catlogue...so am now confused as someone has said they are already in store in Adelaide????

I can confirm that Myer Marion (in South Australia) had several of the Lotr sets out yesterday.

I bought Helm's Deep and the Urukhai Army set. A bit pricey, but I haven't bought a Lego set for myself in ages.

They also had a few of the Weathertop sets there, but I didn't think I'd push my luck with my lovely wife...

The Myer "Super Saturday" flyer would seem to confirm a 3 for 2 sale on toys tomorrow:

http://www.myer.com.au/resources.ashx/Files/666/File/170A0A795E9914EDB6CBE677BF84E7A4/super_sat.pdf

(Bottom of the left column. Only exclusions are "Nursery".)

The question is, does your local Myer have LOTR in stock. As of lunchtime Friday, Myer Miranda (Sydney) did not.

Does anyone know if Myer Sydney CBD has them in yet?

The Myer "Super Saturday" flyer would seem to confirm a 3 for 2 sale on toys tomorrow:

http://www.myer.com.au/resources.ashx/Files/666/File/170A0A795E9914EDB6CBE677BF84E7A4/super_sat.pdf

(Bottom of the left column. Only exclusions are "Nursery".)

The question is, does your local Myer have LOTR in stock. As of lunchtime Friday, Myer Miranda (Sydney) did not.

Does anyone know if Myer Sydney CBD has them in yet?

The question is not whether your local MYER has LOTR in stock, the question is whether they have gone against the instructions from head-office that says "do not put on the floor before <date>" in thre way that the one Adelaide store has.

My guess is that the Adelaide store made a mistake putting them out and may well take them off the shelf before the 3-for-2 tomorrow.

Anyone keen to split the avengers quinnjet set for 33% off? I'm close to the roselands / hurstville Myers in Sydney.

Bummer :sad:

I just got an email from Lego S@H stating that my R2-D2 has just been shipped. It was on backorder when I placed my order during the 'May the 4th' promotion. For others that ordered at the same time, perhaps yours will be shipped soon too. I still expect it to take a couple of weeks to get to me though.

Hello All

Yes, I saw them in Adelaide. And someone saw even more sets in a store in another state. It was strange as there were only a couple copies of each set and they weren't even in their own display, just mixed upwith some other sets.

I'm at Westfield Myer Sydney CBD. They don't have LOTR. But...

They have Jabba's Palace, Desert Skiff and Endor Planets! Are we the first?!

I just got an email from Lego S@H stating that my R2-D2 has just been shipped. It was on backorder when I placed my order during the 'May the 4th' promotion. For others that ordered at the same time, perhaps yours will be shipped soon too. I still expect it to take a couple of weeks to get to me though.

I got an email saying mine had shipped as well!

The last order only took a few days to arrive.

I'm at Westfield Myer Sydney CBD. They don't have LOTR. But...

They have Jabba's Palace, Desert Skiff and Endor Planets! Are we the first?!

That is pretty fast. We don't usually get them this quickly

Received both my S@H orders from the 4th promo. Looking forward to building R2!

That is pretty fast. We don't usually get them this quickly

Received both my S@H orders from the 4th promo. Looking forward to building R2!

I have had SAH orders take 3 weeks, and once a PAB order only took 4 days..

Im in Perth and im interested!!

Im in Perth and im interested!!

Why do they have everything come out at the same time! New star wars have been sighted, lotr obviously...is monster fighters out here too? I was going to do some bricklinking but if theyre here i think I'm going to have to go shopping..

Based on the reports that the few MYER stores (Geelong and that one in Adelaide) have put out the LOTR by mistake and it shouldn't be out on the shelves yet, I am not convinced its worth putting in the effort to look for LOTR tomorrow. (and spending the money it would take to go to the different MYER stores and look) Plus even if I found it, I dont particularly want to spend $400 or so of my own money given that I dont have any gaurantee that I would be able to get rid of the other 2 copies of the set. (only a statement from someone on a web forum I have never met that they are interested in buying one)

David Jones have a 1 day only sale tomorrow, Saturday the 26th.

"Save 30% when you purchase 2 or more full priced items across the entire range of childrens toys"

Getting ahead of myself here seeings theyre not out until August, but apparently the Monster Fighters exclusive set is the Zombies 9465 - not sure who it'll be but perhaps TRU? Think that's their US exclusive. Given it's 40EUD it might be pricey...

Here's the proof of the early release Jabba's Palace($199) and Desert Skiff($49.99). The Endor was in a separate shelf.

0b33eca4.jpg

Based on the reports that the few MYER stores (Geelong and that one in Adelaide) have put out the LOTR by mistake and it shouldn't be out on the shelves yet, I am not convinced its worth putting in the effort to look for LOTR tomorrow. (and spending the money it would take to go to the different MYER stores and look)

I'm inclined to agree with you. (Although, I am feeling guilty not making a mere 15 km circuit to take in two local MYERS on the off-chance they've slipped up.)

However, I hope someone less lazy than me can report if they've discovered stores anywhere in Sydney who have put the sets out early?

You know, with gloom & doom financial reports and stock downgrades, you'd think MYER would be keen to move any stock they can, and not hold it back. I certainly am not going to buy the LOTR sets without at least some discount applied. If TRU beats them to it with a 20% sale in the next few weeks, then that's who I'll buy them from.

That's at least a $600 purchase (taking into account the multiples I'd buy to get a discount) they've kissed away today.

Hola!

Not sure if news, but Big W Macarthur Central (Brisbane CBD) had Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape for $38.93 and the City great vehicles at $21.84.

Went to Big W after neither Myer (3rd item free), David Jones (30% off two) or Target (20% off Lego) sales could pony up with Lego awesomeness.

Ev-Man

I will probably end up going into town and checking out both MYER and DJs (not just for LOTR but for anything of interest)

You know, with gloom & doom financial reports and stock downgrades, you'd think MYER would be keen to move any stock they can, and not hold it back. I certainly am not going to buy the LOTR sets without at least some discount applied. If TRU beats them to it with a 20% sale in the next few weeks, then that's who I'll buy them from.

You and me both, but then again I refuse to pay full Aud RRP for anything. I would like to see the LOTR boxes in person though, just to see what they are like.

I'd urge anyone in Adelaide to go to the Toy Corner 25% off sale. I went this morning and there are some very good bargains to be had. Some I noticed were the Winter Village bakery for $75 after discount. The kingdoms castle $150 (which given how it has skyrocketed in price recently is as good a price as you'll find it I think). Also I think there are some potential good deals for resellers. I saw some slightly harder to find Ninjago sets at decent prices. They also have masses of the old impulse sets including both pirates ones, space police and City ones. They're $4.50 after discount.

If that isn't enough for you, they do have a great selection of parts as well and super friendly helpful service.

I don't normally like to plug places this much but they have been a great shop for Lego fans in Adelaide for years and I think the retail slump is hitting them a little.