MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Someone else shared a picture of a red LAAT from the clone wars S6E7 I believe, the one where Fox dies. It’s in the background, but it almost looks like it has no wing turrets. I’m getting more confident it’s gonna be that ship. Inquisitor has a helmet, similar to the grand inquisitor’s. They also have the inquisitor armor piece and lightsaber hilt. No clue what the new republic ships would be. Set seemed like a two pack, and didn’t include any currently named or recognizable characters. No Ahsoka, Mando, etc" 

Maybe it's a Zeb and his crew :o two new republic Starfighters

I asked if the Gunship could actually be a Republic Frigate, and if the set included large rounded pieces for the engines: 

"There weren’t any large round pieces in the set to suggest a republic frigate. A play scale Venator wouldn’t be completely off the table, but seems unlikely due to the cockpit pieces being clear"

6 minutes ago, Old Master said:

yeah but there also havent been any episodes where captain vaughn takes his troops into the swamps.

Apparently they appeared in the mandalore arc.

1 minute ago, Matichado said:

Is there a chance he is wrong? Please god tell me he’s wrong about the gunship

I think the red gunship is sweet

"Someone else shared a picture of a red LAAT from the clone wars S6E7 I believe, the one where Fox dies. It’s in the background, but it almost looks like it has no wing turrets. I’m getting more confident it’s gonna be that ship. Inquisitor has a helmet, similar to the grand inquisitor’s. They also have the inquisitor armor piece and lightsaber hilt. No clue what the new republic ships would be. Set seemed like a two pack, and didn’t include any currently named or recognizable characters. No Ahsoka, Mando, etc" 

One thing that is of note here, our source references the death of Fox. But Fox does not die in the clone wars. THORN DOES. Could our intrepid leaker be mistaking Thorn for Fox? Perhaps? Is it much more likely that they just aren't that much of a fan of star wars to even notice the difference on screen? probably. Is it probably still fox? yes

BUT THERE'S HOPE

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Inquisitor has a helmet, similar to the grand inquisitor’s.

Which set it is ? The Ghost?

1 minute ago, Duke27 said:

Which set it is ? The Ghost?

Nah, T-6

3 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

One thing that is of note here, our source references the death of Fox. But Fox does not die in the clone wars. THORN DOES. Could our intrepid leaker be mistaking Thorn for Fox? Perhaps? Is it much more likely that they just aren't that much of a fan of star wars to even notice the difference on screen? probably. Is it probably still fox? yes

BUT THERE'S HOPE

Oh snap, it could be Thorn!

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I asked if the Gunship could actually be a Republic Frigate, and if the set included large rounded pieces for the engines: 

"There weren’t any large round pieces in the set to suggest a republic frigate. A play scale Venator wouldn’t be completely off the table, but seems unlikely due to the cockpit pieces being clear"

Ask him the colors for that ahsoka set and what the minfigs looked like?

3 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

I think the red gunship is sweet

Yes it is sweet, but making a coruscant gunship before a classic gunship which goes for 700$ on eBay just isn’t suitable for anyone!

1 minute ago, Goofster said:

Ask him the colors for that ahsoka set and what the minfigs looked like?

They already talked about the minifigures....they're apparently super detailed. Ahsoka has arm printing, Sabine has printing....Idk whether they mentioned the actual set tho

Edited by Fulcrumfan91

Just now, Matichado said:

Yes it is sweet, but making a coruscant gunship before a classic gunship which goes for 700$ on eBay just isn’t suitable for anyone!

The irony for me is that if we got a normal one first, and then got a coruscant one like 3-5 years later I'd probably call the Coruscant one amazing and the best of the bunch but because im just SO DOWN BAD for a normal gunship i have to buy it with gritted teeth lol

Just now, Fulcrumfan91 said:

He already talked about the minifigures....they're apparently super detailed. Ahsoka has arm printing, Sabine has printing....Idk whether they mentioned the actual set tho

That was the T-6; there is another Ahsoka set (the suspected NR ships). 

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I pointed out that the episode in-question is when Thorn dies (not Fox):

"Gotcha, still that color scene seems like what we’re getting unless it’s some unrelated ship. I spent quite a while looking online for anything with two cockpits and no other turrets, but couldn’t find anything." 

Just rewatched the scenes with the gunship in that episode. They all have turrets on the wings. Really hope there’s a good explanation here

3 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Nah, T-6

Wait, but there is one unknown minifigure in the ghost and we already know 3 minifigures in T-6

Just now, Flawless Cowboy said:

Just rewatched the scenes with the gunship in that episode. They all have turrets on the wings. Really hope there’s a good explanation here

I mentioned that to him. 

1 minute ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

The wing turrets could just be brick built and not using the normal giant dome, since the turrets are pretty small in universe.

Edited by FoggyFate

That was the T-6; there is another Ahsoka set (the suspected NR ships). 

Aaaaah gotcha. My bad. 

Also Thorn....man this LAAT is getting better by the minute lol 

Just now, Duke27 said:

Wait, but there is one unknown minifigure in the ghost and we already know 3 minifigures in T-6

Apparently there's a 4th mini figure in the T-6. Yes there's also a mystery one for the ghost

Just now, Duke27 said:

we already know 3 minifigures in T-6

There seems to be a fourth - A faceless Inquisitor with the GI-style helmet, armour, and a round Lightsaber hilt. 

There seems to be a fourth - A faceless Inquisitor with the GI-style helmet, armour, and a round Lightsaber hilt. 

Definitely ask if it’s Thorn or Fox in the set to be safe 

Just now, FoggyFate said:

The wing turrets could just be brick built and not using the normal guest dome, since the turrets are pretty small in universe.

My money is on the wing turrets being made out of something like the AT-TEs small turrets, the thing with the 2 half spheres. I have seen depictions of the LAAT with white non-transparent turrets on the wings. So maybe that?

2 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

The wing turrets could just be brick built and not using the normal giant dome, since the turrets are pretty small in universe.

True, this is what I would assume. Especially if the gunship is already going to be a bit smaller (1,083 pieces). But seeing how detailed the tie bomber was at a smaller scale I’m not worried about the gunship looking poor.

2 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

I am not sure if they would be able to tell from an inventory (since Fox and Thorn look very similar), but I can ask once I hear back about the colours and Minifig pieces in the NR ships set. 

About the NR set: 

"I don’t remember what color the ships were, but the uniforms were blue and white" 

7 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

I just asked, as well as about the possibility of Zeb in the NR set (since the Minifigs have blue-and-white uniforms). 

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am not sure if they would be able to tell from an inventory (since Fox and Thorn look very similar), but I can ask once I hear back about the colours and Minifig pieces in the NR ships set. 

About the NR set: 

"I don’t remember what color the ships were, but the uniforms were blue and white" 

hmm, ask if the chest piece is red or white

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Telling you, it could be a Starfighter with Zeb (unless that's been confirmed to not be a figure included?)