Sign in to follow this  
BrickHammer

[LEGO IDEAS] Armada Port

12 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

There have been a couple.  One was BrickHammer's first pirate related LEGO Ideas submission, "Imperial Island Fort" and another was "Caribbean Clipper" by Baby Teeth.

We became aware of both of those LEGO Ideas projects when they had around 5,000-6,000 supporters so we gave them a helping hand to ensure they got the rest of the way.

I voted for these two beauties ! 

12 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

The winning part (I.e. gaining 10K Supporter) is inevitable, ending up on toy store shelves however... don't get your hopes up!

The LEGO Ideas Team has a nasty habit of rejecting pirate-themed submissions during the review process. So far four 10K submission have been rejected during review.

But why ? Excuse my naivety !  But an imperial ship would be a sell-out ! I don't understand why they do more for the classic pirates theme. Look at the popularity of the 10210 set and the huge price at which people are willing to buy it on the secondary market ! Similarly, imperial buildings would undoubtedly be acclaimed.

But perhaps a release of these type of sets is just around the corner given the recent succes of Pirates of Barracuda Bay. Besides, do we know how well this set sold ? Because I think it left the stores quite early, as far as France is concerned (no more than 18 months)...

Edited by Khargeust

12 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

I voted for these two beauties ! 

You're a legend! :pir-huzzah2:

12 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

But why ? 

The LEGO Group has not issued an official reason beyond what they initially stated around the time Pirates of Barracuda Bay was released.

Circa April 2020 they said they would not be accepting any LEGO Ideas submissions which overlapped with the Pirates of Barracuda Bay concept... and then all of a sudden pirate submissions began disappearing from LEGO Ideas!

That lead to many complaints so they've been accepting Pirate themed submissions again, but they reject them during the review process without clearly indicating why.

15 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Besides, do we know how well this set sold ?

I'm not aware of that data being made public...

16 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

But perhaps a release of these type of sets is just around the corner given the recent succes of Pirates of Barracuda Bay. Besides

Yes, let's hope The LEGO Group surprises us by releasing a huge Imperial set in the fourth quarter of this year for their 90th Anniversary.

Just in time for Christmas! pir-santa.png

Holy rum! He is really killing it out there, 9000 votes in only 2 months?

This is going to be the fastest rejected idea ever :pir-grin:

(Armada flag, nice work :pir-thumb:)

I am totally surprised that I have not yet commented on this creation.

It is fantastic. I really am a fan of the Armada and those Spanish guys - and your MOC makes them shine!