TheBeeze

GBW Hot Zones- Open Discussion

4 hours ago, Mirror1810 said:

Hey, so maybe someone can help me with this. In the Gun for Hire: Qarkarea Mission, it says that a quote, "disguised local presence" is wanted. What is meant by that? Like, do they want Undercover Agents, or uniformed Guards?

Thanks in advance.

I believe it means the choice is up to you. As long as the forces aren't appearing "military", but more civilian, you should be fine. A lot of these missions are left up to the interpretation of the builder. Enjoy creating what you think would be a "disguised local presence".

Hi fellow warriors, 

I am struggling a bit in the purchasing department: I'd like to acquire some modern white helmets but failed so far. Is there anyone with a tip for the acquisiton department of Bellmuttet MoD within Europe? 

On 10/28/2022 at 7:48 PM, TribunM said:

I am struggling a bit in the purchasing department: I'd like to acquire some modern white helmets but failed so far. Is there anyone with a tip for the acquisiton department of Bellmuttet MoD within Europe? 

Hopefully you're looking to blend in with the snow haha. Here you go:

https://www.minifigcat.com/shop/White_BK1X-Helmet.html?category_id=572

https://www.minifigcat.com/shop/White_M2002.html?category_id=339

These guys will ship to Germany very inexpensively. 

4 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Hopefully you're looking to blend in with the snow haha. Here you go:

https://www.minifigcat.com/shop/White_BK1X-Helmet.html?category_id=572

https://www.minifigcat.com/shop/White_M2002.html?category_id=339

These guys will ship to Germany very inexpensively. 

Snow, what snow? I am Tony M… sry, wrong setting :P

thx for the tip, will check it. Always tried to use European sources for transport and customs stuff, dont want to make it too complicated.

3 hours ago, TribunM said:

Always tried to use European sources for transport and customs stuff, dont want to make it too complicated.

They do have European resellers listed on their site. (There's a link) I just clicked through about 4 of them and none have what you're looking for. For reference they sponsor our game and several members here from all over the world have ordered from them with no issue. Including me, I do not use their USA resellers I go direct. 

Side note.... I did just get a prize pack from them that I need to give out soon soooooooooooooooooo everyone be on the lookout for something soon. 

15 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

They do have European resellers listed on their site. (There's a link) I just clicked through about 4 of them and none have what you're looking for. For reference they sponsor our game and several members here from all over the world have ordered from them with no issue. Including me, I do not use their USA resellers I go direct. 

Side note.... I did just get a prize pack from them that I need to give out soon soooooooooooooooooo everyone be on the lookout for something soon. 

Thanks for the effort, have looked them up so far without luck. I may try them directly. Annoying thing is that you might be forced to pay and pick that stuff up at the customs office, digitilization made in germany... more annyoing than paying a little tax. 

Prize reads good to me but might be occupied in the next days or even weeks as baby boy is going to arrive ;)

On 11/1/2022 at 8:08 AM, TribunM said:

might be occupied in the next days or even weeks as baby boy is going to arrive ;)

Congrats!

Hi guys, I started university again to complete the path I started years ago, and I'm currently away from home, away from my Lego collection, all the time. :pir-cry_happy: I will not be active in these weeks, at least until Christmas, when I hope to find some time to build something for the game. I miss playing and building with you, but building my life, even from a working point of view, takes precedence. So I pass the PSIC scepter of command to anyone who wants to seize it, because I can no longer actively follow the game, for now, and keep up with all the new decisions and news. My presence here will be fixed, I will continue to follow, comment and advise, and I will try to keep myself updated as much as possible. Hope to be back up and running soon, but for now, good game to you all! :pir-thumb:

On 11/1/2022 at 8:08 AM, TribunM said:

Prize reads good to me but might be occupied in the next days or even weeks as baby boy is going to arrive ;)

Congratulation. I wish you the best with the newborn.

P.S. forget about sleep for the next  months.

19 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

Hi guys, I started university again to complete the path I started years ago, and I'm currently away from home, away from my Lego collection, all the time. :pir-cry_happy: I will not be active in these weeks, at least until Christmas, when I hope to find some time to build something for the game. I miss playing and building with you, but building my life, even from a working point of view, takes precedence. So I pass the PSIC scepter of command to anyone who wants to seize it, because I can no longer actively follow the game, for now, and keep up with all the new decisions and news. My presence here will be fixed, I will continue to follow, comment and advise, and I will try to keep myself updated as much as possible. Hope to be back up and running soon, but for now, good game to you all! :pir-thumb:

I understand priorities. Improve your education and make yourself better for the future. You always have the option of digital builds to keep in it (if you have the time).

Minifigcat Prize Pack has arrived. Enough to completely kit out at least 7 figs with spares. Keep your eyes out for upcoming tasks to win. 

20221114_141342.jpg

With the holiday season now over, I've made the decision to shut down GBW for a bit. Perhaps in a change of times and other factors, there will be greater interest. With the turnout the last few months being what it was, I think a stop for now would be a good thing so those were building don't burnout and interest in others may rise. Those who wish to continue posting builds are encouraged to do so, just know they will not be scored. GBW will return in the future.

1 hour ago, TheBeeze said:

With the holiday season now over, I've made the decision to shut down GBW for a bit. Perhaps in a change of times and other factors, there will be greater interest. With the turnout the last few months being what it was, I think a stop for now would be a good thing so those were building don't burnout and interest in others may rise. Those who wish to continue posting builds are encouraged to do so, just know they will not be scored. GBW will return in the future.

Huh, thats sad. I was just getting excited for advancement in the Storyline. Probably a good idea though. What kind of future are we talking, like a month or two?

Unfortunately only 4/5 of us are left playing, myself included, who only takes 10% of my free time, so I think it's a good idea to take a break, this would allow us all to organize ourselves well with our commitments and free time, and perhaps resume with more calm and renewed interest, and perhaps with new players.

Btw, congratulations to everyone who play the last contest! :blush:

Edited by ParmBrick

A break is okayish. Since I am new to this stuff and still picking up stuff, I hope to be better prepared for the re-start. Plus: time is consumed by the new inhabitant of our flat^^

Heyyyy, how's it looking? I just wanted to see if there'd be an interest in continuing the game :)

It was always a lot of fun and we can't get new players if the game is on hiatus.

Just curious :)

Still here and looking at the GBW threads now and then. My schedule is tight this winter, but I could make a build or two a month.