Sucram

[MOC} MA40 Assault Rifle from Halo Infinite

I was wanting to buy a prop Assault Rifle from Halo to run around with, and then thought I could just build one out of Lego. What I ended up with is something that's a bit too heavy / fragile to run around with, but it does look pretty cool. 

51927744785_a0cc4a4462_b.jpgLEGO MA40 Assault Rifle (Halo Infinite) by Marcus H, on Flickr

The build is inspired by Nick Brick's MA37 build, which I used as a guide to get the proportions and sizing right. Mine isn't as complex as his, but I'm not nearly as good a builder as him.

51926138027_4ced4b9328_b.jpgLEGO MA40 Assault Rifle (Halo Infinite) by Marcus H, on Flickr

The ammo counter is Nick Brick's design, it's pretty faithful to the games.

51927108836_101a790799_b.jpgLEGO MA40 Assault Rifle (Halo Infinite) by Marcus H, on Flickr

The mag is a lot smaller than it should be, but when I was building the gun I didn't have the foresight to make a hollow space to allow a larger mag. 

51927450614_e8abf41402_b.jpgLEGO MA40 Assault Rifle (Halo Infinite) by Marcus H, on Flickr

I also made a video that shows off the features and has some dramatic recreations of the 1st person view of the games. 

This was super satisfying to make and I definitely want to make more Halo guns, once I can find the space (and money) for them. Top of my list would be the Sniper Rifle, Commando, Sidekick and Battle Rifle.