Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #10: Pins & Needles

9 hours ago, Duvors said:

“I think we’ve done all we can here. You’re right, we should be going.”

Enson will equip the Plasma Splicer, drop the crude machete, and pick up Felthorn. Having done this, he will attempt to sneak into the laboratory.

1 hour ago, Scubacarrot said:

Jonk will also sneak in and hopefully enter stealthily.

Enson and Jonk steal quietly into the room. Numerous tables covered with equipment and reagents are scattered throughout the laboratory. Cases with specimens and containment units housing artifacts line the walls. A black figure looks up at the heroes entrance, watching them intently. In one corner of the room a familiar dwarf lies chained to a gurney, sleeping.

52018175296_57a76f477d_c.jpg

Standing at the door jamb, Aysu hoped that she was hidden enough to be a surprise if a battle started.

Of course, if we are already all assumed in the room, no worries!

5 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Standing at the door jamb, Aysu hoped that she was hidden enough to be a surprise if a battle started.

Of course, if we are already all assumed in the room, no worries!

MM Note: No problem, Aysu can certainly stay out of the room.

Enson muttered something inaudible to himself as he saw Bertram sleeping like one who hasn’t been kidnapped. Striding across the room, he reached out and slapped him. “Wake up you blithering fool!”

Jonk walks up to the figure on the right. "Hello, I am Jonk, do you require assistance?"

9 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

Jonk walks up to the figure on the right. "Hello, I am Jonk, do you require assistance?"

Jonk approachs the glass, the figure is covered in dark fur with intricate markings on its face.

52018428634_7ddac364df.jpg

52018427584_f63f8fd827_t.jpg
"Jonk is it? Does this arrangement seem one anyone would willingly choose?"

10 hours ago, Duvors said:

Enson muttered something inaudible to himself as he saw Bertram sleeping like one who hasn’t been kidnapped. Striding across the room, he reached out and slapped him. “Wake up you blithering fool!”

Enson slaps fails to rouse Bertram from his sleep. A monitor to the side of the gourney appears to be recording his vitals.

52018696540_cc25b61a34.jpg

"Do you often think medically induced comas can be halted through physical violence?"

Aysu saw that there was no battle just yet, so she entered the room. "So friend, you are a friend right?" She asked, moving on without waiting for an answer. "Should we get you out yeah?" 

Aysu examined the containment vessel for a way to safely free the prisoner.

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Jonk is it? Does this arrangement seem one anyone would willingly choose?"

"I try not to judge people's preferences too much. We'll get you out. Is there anything you know about this place or the people that run it?"

51 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Aysu saw that there was no battle just yet, so she entered the room. "So friend, you are a friend right?" She asked, moving on without waiting for an answer. "Should we get you out yeah?" 

Aysu examined the containment vessel for a way to safely free the prisoner.

The creature seems surprised at Aysu's entrance.
"How many of you are there? Has the facility been captured?"

Aysu Engineering Proficiency Check (DC 1) - (1,3,4)

Aysu spots a padlock on the side of the vessel, a label over the tank reads 3C.

13 minutes ago, Scubacarrot said:

"I try not to judge people's preferences too much. We'll get you out. Is there anything you know about this place or the people that run it?"

"Quite curteous, aren't you? Aside from it being owned by a notorious cabal? The lab has everything needed to disect, preserve, subdue, and catalog doesn't it?"

"We are working our way through the place." Aysu smiled. "From what I have seen, I hope we can shut this whole place down."

21 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

Jonk takes out the Silver key again and opens the padlock.

The lock clicks open as the creature steps out taking a deep breath.
"There is nothing like fresh air, no? Would you believe I have been in there for the last ten years?"

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"We are working our way through the place." Aysu smiled. "From what I have seen, I hope we can shut this whole place down."

"You would take on the Archivist? Do you have any idea what power they have amassed here? What monsters? What artifacts? Have you seen the vaults?"

On 5/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"Do you often think medically induced comas can be halted through physical violence?"

“A smart mouth will do you no favors. You wouldn’t happen to know how to bring him out of it, would you?”

Enson will examine the device.

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"You would take on the Archivist? Do you have any idea what power they have amassed here? What monsters? What artifacts? Have you seen the vaults?"

“No, have you?”

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The lock clicks open as the creature steps out taking a deep breath.
"There is nothing like fresh air, no? Would you believe I have been in there for the last ten years?"

"Fresh air is all fairly relative on a station, but ten years is a long time to spend in one place. Do you need any help finding your way out or is there something else you need? If there is anything useful for us to know about this place or the Archivist themselves we would appreciate it."

4 hours ago, Duvors said:

“No, have you?”

"Well, we did free that monster horse thing. Was that part of it?"

"I never heard of 'em until this mission but I am up to seeing what mayhem I can cause." Aysu was still sore about the mimics, she had hoped to find more of her kind coming to Heroica, but not like that. 

14 hours ago, Duvors said:

“A smart mouth will do you no favors. You wouldn’t happen to know how to bring him out of it, would you?”

Enson will examine the device.

"Do I look like a doctor?" The creature gives a wry chuckle, "Would you believe me if I told you the order of exposure means life and death?"

Enson Engineering Check (DC 1) - (3,3,1,+1) 1 Success

The monitor seems to be controlling a number of tubes delivering alchemical solutions, resonators that regularly deliver a dose of some sort of energy, and a sonic interface sweeping the dwarf with high frequencies sounds. There are on/off levers for each stimulus.

14 hours ago, Duvors said:

“No, have you?”

"Where do you think they keep me, when they don't need me?"

9 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

"Fresh air is all fairly relative on a station, but ten years is a long time to spend in one place. Do you need any help finding your way out or is there something else you need? If there is anything useful for us to know about this place or the Archivist themselves we would appreciate it."

"Got a knife on you?" The creature looks around, "What? Do you think I'm leaving here without shanking ol' pale face for the number of times he's cut me open?" The creature lifts his shirt to reveal at least a hundred scars across his torso.

57 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

"I never heard of 'em until this mission but I am up to seeing what mayhem I can cause." Aysu was still sore about the mimics, she had hoped to find more of her kind coming to Heroica, but not like that. 

"Oh you're up for causing mayhem are you? How does absolute chaos work for you?"

"Sure." Jonk pulls out the Rime Dirk and the Crude machete and holds them out.

"What is your name?"

Enson, knowing better than to fiddle with a medical device he doesn’t understand, will examine the display cabinets and papers to the left of the device.

On 5/9/2022 at 12:21 AM, Scubacarrot said:

"Sure." Jonk pulls out the Rime Dirk and the Crude machete and holds them out.

"What is your name?"

The creature reaches out and selects the Rime Dirk, twirling it expertly.

"Oh, this will do nicely, won't it? Mind calling me Rix?"

Rix Joins the Party!

52018427584_f63f8fd827_t.jpg Rix *Assassin*
45 cycles old male Camazon
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 3
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Acrobatics 5, Stealth 2, Intimidation 2
Credits: 0
Equipment: Rime Dirk (+1 Melee Elemental)

On 5/9/2022 at 1:38 AM, Duvors said:

Enson, knowing better than to fiddle with a medical device he doesn’t understand, will examine the display cabinets and papers to the left of the device.

The Quo'ri inspects the cabinet directly to his left.

52018428344_0d09b3b672.jpg

Enson Perception Check (DC 2) - (1,6,4) 2 Successes

Enson finds a lab note book detailing the somnotic sequence of the machine with a few particulars.

Experiment #243
When extracting subject from somnotic sequence great care must be given to the order of stimuli removal. Failure to utilize proper combinations risk damage to patient's cognitive funcitons and very life. Key findings:

1. Alchemical Solutions and Radiation without mitigating Sonic Frequencies leads to rapid temperature increase and internal fluid boiling
  2. Radiation and Sonic Frequencies without the presence of Alchemical Solutions result in synchronus excitation of molecular structure and subseqent skeletal disintigration
  3. Sonic Frequencies alone causes overloading of synaptic system with resulting neurolocial overload and expiration
  4. Alchemical Solutions alone results in permenant toxic shock and abrupt failure of ciculatory system

Given current device limitations:

1. Auto-limit Failsafe: Only 1 lever may be adjusted off at a time
  2. Timed Release: Stimuli changes occur a brief moment after lever adjustment.

Timing is key to ensure patient survival.

Devious Device Puzzle
In order to disable the device, the 3 levers must be switched to off. Please send your potential solution (i.e. which order the levers will be thrown) to me via PM. Everyone with a correct answer will receive a character point.

Just one. The first two entries on the list mention the effects of two of the stimuli without one of the others. Does this refer to both of the listed stimuli being active, of does it apply even when only one is active?

1 hour ago, Duvors said:

Just one. The first two entries on the list mention the effects of two of the stimuli without one of the others. Does this refer to both of the listed stimuli being active, of does it apply even when only one is active?

MM Note: Yes, the interactions of the first two occur when the stimuli are both active. The solution to the puzzle would also work if the interaction applied when both were also inactive, but since that doesn't make sense thematically, the last two entries are another way of stating this.

44 minutes ago, Scubacarrot said:

Ooc: What do you mean with a brief moment after.

MM Note: Say you flipped the Alchemical Solutions lever off, before the fatal interaction between the Radiation and Frequencies occured, you'd have enough time to throw the Alchemical Solutions back to on.

MM Note: Hi Folks,

@Scubacarrot Pointed out a deficiency in the setup. The limitations should list:

Auto-limit Failsafe: Only 1 lever may be adjusted off at a time

Sorry for the confusion