Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #10: Pins & Needles

Jonk slides next to Aysu and scores a direct hit on the squid. The cephalopod once more roars in pain as Wollipog is restored to life by Enson's healing powers. With the party secure, Aysu lines up one final shot and sinks a bullet right into through the brain of the monster bringing it crashing to the ground.

Round 10 of Calamari Confrontation
Jonk moves to D10
Jonk attacks Landsquid - (5,+2) 3 Successes vs. (1) 0 Successes = 3 Damage
Wollipog Death Check - (5) Stabilized
Enson casts Sustaining Healing - (5,6,+1) 3 Successes = 3 Vitality Restored (-1 Spirit)
Aysu attacks Landsquid - (2,5,5,+2) 4 Successes vs. (1) 0 Successes = 4 Damage, KO'd

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS (+1 CP to every player)

Heroes
48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors)
60 cycles old male Quo'ri
Character Points: 3/27
Vitality: 1/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 1/3
Proficiencies: Insight 2, Medicine 3, Melee Weapons 2, Performance 1, Religion 2, Explosives 1
Spells: Healing Light, Purging Font, Warding Bond
Credits: 62
Equipment: Plasma Falchion (+2 Melee Energy), Plasma Splicer (Tool, as an action, transfer Vitality with an adjacent ally)
Inventory: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes) Essence of Glibness, Essence of Precaution, Nanite Elixir 2x, Dagger's Letter (Mission Item), Tehanui Teal (Consumable, Mission Item), Crude Machete (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Nanite Elixer? (Mission Item),  Exo Suit, Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Felthorn Cleaver of Fate (Standard Kinetic Melee weapon, 1's are rerolled once), Aquin Knighting Ceremonial Sword (Standard Kinetic Melee weapon)

51966282654_7d5465e013_t.jpg Ernest Wollipog
Vitality: 3/3
Velocity: 3
Strength: 3
Skill: 1
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 3/6
Proficiencies: Arcana 1, Culture 2, Insight 2, Nature 1, Occult 1, Perception 2, Persuasion 2,
Spells: Tongues, Transmute Matter, Enhanced Vision, Photonic Manipulation, Securing, Obfuscate
Credits: 0
Equipment: Power Armor (Standard Kinetic Armor), Power Fist (Standard Kinetic Weapon), Mech Suit (Tool, +2 to Vitality, Velocity, and Strength, +5 Inventory Slots)
Inventory:

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Character Points: 5/23
Vitality: 4/6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 182
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy) with Gravimetric Bipod - Weapon Attachment (The first Offensive Combat check with this weapon is Lucky) attached, Farsight Goggles, Plasma Chain Shirt (Standard Energy Armor), 
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Field Rations (Consumable, Restores 1 Vitality), Gator Hide (Can be converted into either Kinetic or Elemental Standard Armor by a craftsman), Zinc (Calibrated Kinetic Long Range Weapon), Flowing Font Scepter (Standard Short Range Elemental Weapon, Adaptable [Spend 1 action to change the range of the weapon]), Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon), Exo-suit, 
Crystal Staff (Standard, Kinetic Melee Weapon), Translator Cube

51917792106_e4be646478_q.jpg  Jonk (Scubacarrot)
30-something cycles Male Celestial
Character Points: 1/17
Vitality: 2/5
Velocity: 3
Strength: 2
Skill: 2
Smarts: 4
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Sleight of Hand 2, Long Range Weapons 1, Perception 1
Credits: 70
Equipment:  Sighted Corpo Blazer (Calibrated Elemental Long Range weapon), Cloaking Generator (Tool, grants +1 Sleight-of-hand or Stealth Check Successes)Archaic Tabard (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: 1lb 00 Flour (Consumable, Mission Item), Flower Petals (Mission Item), Throwing Darts (Standard Kinetic Short Range Weapon), 2x Crude Machete (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon), Plasma Pistol (Standard Energy Short Range Weapon),  Silver Key (Mission Item), Exo-Suit (Tool, grants +1 Athletics or Acrobatics Check Successes), Goldon Scorpion (Mission Item)

The Menahi, hands on his knees, tries to catch his breath, before shouting over to Aysu and Jonk.
49076316268_7a20f5c9f2_t.jpg
"Well now, that was a big one, don't think I've even seen something like that beneath the waves. That was some nice shooting, the names Graw."

Wollipog, hops over to Enson.
51966282654_7d5465e013_t.jpg
<Thank you Sir Enson, your bravery is unmatched!>

"Hello Graw, I am Jonk! Thanks for the assist." Jonk tries to help Graw up. "Enson, you think you can use some healing magic? That stuff sure is useful. So recap, we got the petals, we got the squid... Now to get the liver, I suppose. Gross."

Jonk will attempt to use a steady hand to harvest the liver.

"Actually, gross. Here, Enson" Jonk crushes up the flower petals and hands them to Enson.

"I'll fetch the crystal" Jonk goes back to the hall where they found the monster horse and will inspect the crystal case.

Jonk heads out to the main hall and inspects the case

51996687328_4f8a36d2f4_z.jpg

Jonk Perception Check (DC 2) - (4,4,1) 2 Successes

Jonk notes what looks like a security alarm attached to the latch on the case.

1 hour ago, Scubacarrot said:

Jonk attempts to carefully disarm the alarm.

Jonk Sleight of Hand Check (DC2) - (1,1,2,5,2) 1 Success

The Alarm starts flashing as Jonk opens the cabinet, but it makes no noise.

Enson will do the thing where he meditates and heals everyone.

On 7/4/2022 at 11:31 AM, Scubacarrot said:

"Actually, gross. Here, Enson" Jonk crushes up the flower petals and hands them to Enson.

"Wha..." Enson said as the petals were stuffed into his hand. "You can't just- come ba... oh bother."
He looked down at the brutalized flowers in his hand. What does he think I am, he thought, a mortar and pestle?
Shaking his head, he went out in search of the doctor, hoping Rix hadn't killed him while they were unsupervised. If they couldn't find equipment to synthesize the cure with, then the ingredients were useless.

"Phew, that was a battle and then some!" Thinking a moment, Aysu paused. "Hey, Wolly, would you be able to use this Exo Suit I have?" 

8 hours ago, Duvors said:

Enson will do the thing where he meditates and heals everyone.

"Wha..." Enson said as the petals were stuffed into his hand. "You can't just- come ba... oh bother."
He looked down at the brutalized flowers in his hand. What does he think I am, he thought, a mortar and pestle?
Shaking his head, he went out in search of the doctor, hoping Rix hadn't killed him while they were unsupervised. If they couldn't find equipment to synthesize the cure with, then the ingredients were useless.

Enson restores the entire party to full vitality before heading back to the laboratory. The lab is a mess, equipment strewn across the room. The doctor lies motionless, his head bashed in against one of the counters. Rex leans against the containment unit, the trident piercing his bloody side.

52018427584_f63f8fd827_t.jpg
"Hrrgg... Well do you want the good news or the bad news first?"

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Phew, that was a battle and then some!" Thinking a moment, Aysu paused. "Hey, Wolly, would you be able to use this Exo Suit I have?" 

51966282654_7d5465e013_t.jpg
<Oh, thank you kindly, but this mech suit you modified suits me just fine. Perhaps you should don it should we face any more large creatures. What should we do about the rest of these poor creatures? Surely we can't keep them locked up in here.>

"Use whichever order you prefer." Enson said, stretching out his hands to heal Rix. "I presume he attacked you?"

2 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Use whichever order you prefer." Enson said, stretching out his hands to heal Rix. "I presume he attacked you?"

"Would you believe me if I said yes?" Rix grimaces as Enson heals him. Standing up, he dusts himself up and indicates the doctor. "Well, I suppose you can put together the bad news, no? As for the good news, guess who squeezed the recipe for a potential cure out of him?"

20 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Would you believe me if I said yes?" Rix grimaces as Enson heals him. Standing up, he dusts himself up and indicates the doctor. "Well, I suppose you can put together the bad news, no? As for the good news, guess who squeezed the recipe for a potential cure out of him?"

"Excellent!" said Enson, deciding not to mention that they already had the recipe, "Though..." he gazed around at the shattered remnants of the lab, "we will need equipment to, er, synthesize the cure."

Enson will equip the utility belt and search for usable medical equipment.

11 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Excellent!" said Enson, deciding not to mention that they already had the recipe, "Though..." he gazed around at the shattered remnants of the lab, "we will need equipment to, er, synthesize the cure."

Enson will equip the utility belt and search for usable medical equipment.

"I can help, you don't need much, do you?"

Enson Perception Check (DC 1) - (5,1,6) 2 Successes

While most of the equipment has been smashed, Enson does manage to scrap together a basic alchemy set.

Alchemy Set(Tool) Non-combat Medicine Checks are Lucky

"Hmm, a lot of people stuck in tubes." Aysu looked for a computer terminal, hoping they hadn't broken anything in the skirmish. "I wouldn't want to let someone out who needs to stay safe, like our spore-y friend...." 

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I can help, you don't need much, do you?"

"Not at all. Come on, if you tell me the recipe I think we'll be able to find the ingredients."
Stopping only to receive information he already had, Enson set off toward the spider cabinet with Rix in tow.

On 7/4/2022 at 10:49 PM, Scubacarrot said:

"Hmmm. Can I break it. I wonder..."

"I guess not, well, Lets get grabbing."

Jonk takes the top crystal, carefully.

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Hmm, a lot of people stuck in tubes." Aysu looked for a computer terminal, hoping they hadn't broken anything in the skirmish. "I wouldn't want to let someone out who needs to stay safe, like our spore-y friend...." 

The terminal seems to have survived the conflict unscathed.

1 hour ago, Duvors said:

"Not at all. Come on, if you tell me the recipe I think we'll be able to find the ingredients."
Stopping only to receive information he already had, Enson set off toward the spider cabinet with Rix in tow.

"Does this sound right, first  you've got to pulverize a Lighting Crystal, then add some melted spider babies, followed by bits of a yellow flower, and then a stewed squid organ, afterwards mixing and straining the liquid into a bottle for consuming?"

The pair arrive at the cabinet of arachnids.

51964994717_5a4d32b152_z.jpg

MM Note: Feel free to ignore the frog in the corner. :wink:

1 hour ago, Scubacarrot said:

"I guess not, well, Lets get grabbing."

Jonk takes the top crystal, carefully.

Jonk Skill Check - (DC 2) - (4,3) 1 success = 1 Elemental Damage

As Jonk tries to remove the crystal a bolt of electricity jumps from the rock to his hand giving him a slight shock. After making contact with the gem's surface however, the sensation quickly passes and Jonk finds himself in the posession of a Lightning Crystal

"That sounds mostly right, hold yourself in readiness."

Enson will meditate and examine the display case (Engineering).

On 7/8/2022 at 11:45 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

The terminal seems to have survived the conflict unscathed.

"Ok, Query: Dangerous Specimens." Aysu tapped out the search. A big list could be filtered down to venomous or violent after all. 

20 hours ago, Duvors said:

"That sounds mostly right, hold yourself in readiness."

Enson will meditate and examine the display case (Engineering).

Enson restores all of his Spirit and inspects the case.

Enson Engineering Check (DC 1) - (2,3,4,+1) 2 Successes

Enson spots an alarm in the corner of the specimen cabinet.

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Ok, Query: Dangerous Specimens." Aysu tapped out the search. A big list could be filtered down to venomous or violent after all. 

Aysu filter through the collection and finds at least 250 entries of containment units categorized as risk level (high) or risk level (extreme).

Jonk pockets the crystal and heads back to the containment room.

"Hey, Graw, was it? Don't mean to presume but do you have any clue how to harvest a landsquid liver?"