Sign in to follow this  
Flatfoot Thompsen

Ideas for Future Indiana Jones Sets

2009:

Temple of doom

Indy's camp $25

Includes Willie (With Happy and scared faces), Short Round and Indy, each holding a deck of cards,

grey owl, bat, tent, campfire, tree, and elephant.

Mine car chase $35

Includes Short Round, Indy, Mola Ram, two thuggees.

Two mine cars, railing, small area with mine crusher.

NOTE: Remember that Spiderman Train set, where you slam your fist on that lever to cause the train to move? That would be in this set.

Last Crusade:

Underground tomb $40

Includes Elsa, Marcus Brody, Indy, and Arabian fez dude.

Library with opening on floor.

Small room with lots of rats, and a sarcophagus.

Small area with a table and a chair, and a boat.

Grail Room $30

Includes Indy, Grail Knight, and Donovan.

table with lots of fake grails, and a real grail.

a fountain

an invisible bridge that leads to the room.

I have more ideas for 2010..

Mine Chase: $20 - $30. Includes 2 minecarts, track, an exploding wall, Shorty, Indy, and 2 Thugs.

Zeppelin Adventure: $60 - $70. Includes passenger zeppelin, attachable plane, Nazi plane, and car. Minifigs: Indy, Henry, 2 Nazis, and 2 Citizens.

Tank Chase, $49.99

Includes Tank, German truck, horse, Indy, Henry Jones, Vogel, and 2 German minifigs.

Doom Town, $59.99

Includes House, Car, Russan Car, Trees, 4 Manakins, 4 Russan soldiers, and Indy.

Edited by Playstation3

Playstation3,

I'm glad to see your enthusiasm about new sets, but I'm afraid this topic is in the wrong forum. For future reference, it goes in the "Lisenced" forum. :wink:

Also, once a mod moves it, you might want to ask for a poll.

Playstation3,

I'm glad to see your enthusiasm about new sets, but I'm afraid this topic is in the wrong forum. For future reference, it goes in the "Lisenced" forum. :wink:

Also, once a mod moves it, you might want to ask for a poll.

okay,

But as you probly know, I just joined yesturday, and I don't know much about where to put stuff,

but thanks for the tips :classic:

okay,

But as you probly know, I just joined yesturday, and I don't know much about where to put stuff,

but thanks for the tips :classic:

I have moved to the right forum, where Indiana Jones, rightfully should belong. In addition, there is a current discussion for your mentioned topic. Please continue the discussion here.

Thanks

WhiteFang

I would like to see a set with the circus train, with the following...

Enough train-rails to play the scene in the movie, a pretty long train, minifigs: young Indy, that other guy that helped Indy, Fedora, and about 5 of those guys with guns. It would be nice if the train has an interior, many crates, some water with planks next to it so you can rotate so Indy can get over the water, and a room with a cage and the lion. (Like in the videogame). The price is for TLC to decide, if they will ever make it.

Edited by General Magma

A Boeing 314 from Raiders, brick-built, 800 pieces, 80€, s@h exclusive, contains Indy in dress, Toht, pilot, steward, small pier

Boeing-314%20web%20cropped.jpg

Problem: While a minifig Boeing 314 would be cool (my favorite prop-airliner), that's not the plane in the movie--looked more like a Short Sunderland. Quick check: Short Solent--some family resemblance... The Solent didn't even fly 'til '46, and was derived from the Seaford long-range patrol bomber, itself a derivative of the Sunderland.

They applied the Pan Am marking via matte-painting--alas, while they are the biggest icons of Pan AM the closest to a surviving 314 is a full-scale mockup, complete to the outer nacelles only, at the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes.

----------------

Now playing: John Williams - The Battle Of Endor I

via FoxyTunes

Raiders Set: Submarine Base - Submarine, Submarine hangar

(radio control room, lots of crates, fueling equipment, torpedoes, crane, repair dock)

Last Crusade Set: Tank

German Battle pack with officer and grey soldiers with weapons.

Lego would never release things with calling them absolutly Nazi's or Germans. It would be odd if an 8 year old went up to his or her mother and said "Look mommie! German Soldiers!"

It would have to include an Indiana Jones, as we don't get enough of them it seems...he's only in every set...

I know that but Lego should have though

Lego designer 1: HMM lets think Indiana jones

Lego Designer 2: No that has Nazis and Hitler in it also it has alot of religious things

Lego designer 1: The call the NAzis Bad gus and call the ark trreasure

Oh, another problem, doing any real or "stand-in" Pan Am clipper justice will take way more than 800 pieces. That's even at the selctively-compressed and caricaturized "Official LEGO" level, to say nothing of the 1/40 scale I refer to as "Accurate Minifig"...

It's probably possible using around 800 pieces... it just won't look too accurate, and it'll end up being about as recognizable as the current flying wing is to the one in the movie.

Off-Topic: Come to think of it, we built 'em right here in Seattle, and I think the Museum of Flight still has some (reprinted) blueprints on the original Boeing drafting tables upstairs in the Red Barn (Boeing Airplane Co. Plant #1, a converted boatyard now integrated into the museum complex)--I'll see what I can figure out to come up with notes for designing a minifig version, rendered about like the DC-3 in Peril in Peru. (The actual design is gonna be somebody else's department, but I might be able to figure out relative floor-heights and lengths for the various compartments. You're talking ~$150 at that 80-Euro price-point, right? Might work... then again, IIRC 10177 had more pieces than that.

It's been said that people want a Mine cart set.. and I'd just like to throw it out there, that I'd be willing to spend well over $100 on a set like this if Lego engineered a new track system that could also be used in a City set for roller coasters!!!

They could have two different inclines (one to get up as high as possible really fast, a chain catch system, weighted cars, and banked turns, gravity operation.. All these Lego train clubs would start throwing in little amusement parks and stuff. Alternatively, there could also be flat turns, and a battery operated narrow gauge trainset using the same track pieces.

As long as the city sets were made in the same color (red brown?), this would be a great, and incredibly fun set..

It'd be about as universal as Lego's old monorail which found it's way into town and space sets :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's been said that people want a Mine cart set.. and I'd just like to throw it out there, that I'd be willing to spend well over $100 on a set like this if Lego engineered a new track system that could also be used in a City set for roller coasters!!!

They could have two different inclines (one to get up as high as possible really fast, a chain catch system, weighted cars, and banked turns, gravity operation.. All these Lego train clubs would start throwing in little amusement parks and stuff. Alternatively, there could also be flat turns, and a battery operated narrow gauge trainset using the same track pieces.

As long as the city sets were made in the same color (red brown?), this would be a great, and incredibly fun set..

It'd be about as universal as Lego's old monorail which found it's way into town and space sets :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thats an awsome idea

Great idea, we could use that also for a subway or streetcar system!

Some Ideas:

-Venice Church Ambush:

The little church from the movie, with an underground tunnel. And above a library. With 5 figures.

Zeppelin Chase:

With an zeppelin and the fight-airplane. With 4 figures.

Greetings 'Bricks'

I am all for a Dunn and Duffy Circus Train. Have engine and coal car, giraffe car, magic caboose, lion car, rhino car, and reptile car, comes with young Indiana Jones, the train conductor and the grave robbers. New molded rhino, giraffe and lion as well. Also comes with some track for the train.

Temple of The Grail: A large temple set featuring two traps: 2 Spinning Sawblades, and 10 bricks with letter stickers on them alligned in two rows of five with the word LEGO hidden in them. If a minifig is placed on brick without L, E, G, or O on it, it will break off. At the end of the temple is a small area with a water fountain and a shelf with 3 fake grails and the acctual on. 800 peices with 9 minifigs: Indiana Jones, Henry Jones, 3 soldiers, Donovan, Brody, Elsa, and Grail Knight.

I would buy that set. I really love the Grail Knight. I just think it should include the skeliton Donovan too and where the water came frem.