Jody Meyer

{Bounty} {J15-Ring of Kafrene-Corsec} Message incoming

*Your entry has scored 5XP*

51821475642_fe42a1ec33_b.jpgBounty_part one 

In coming message to all of the republic, a bounty has been set for Captain Byron, Last seen on the rings of Kafrene, and know that this si home turf for Captain Byron, he has lots of friends and allies on that planet. Wanted Dead or Alive, but alive would be best to retrieve information out of him.

Edited by RocketBoy

Nice job with the jumper plates to create a little offset with the windows.

Hey Jody, 
The positives: A great build with a nice solution for the door and window design, here.
You do have a great knowledge of brick design!

And the negatives:

Spoiler

However I feel the hologram detracts somewhat being front and centre. This can't be replicated in brick form as transparent minifigs don't exist and 'actual' bricks are the predominant medium for most builders and I feel digital builds should be able to be replicated in brick form.
I'd perhaps look to move things like this as an aside if you feel things like this should be included in a build. 
I say this as, to me, it should be possible to offer something both physically and digitally

On 1/18/2022 at 12:59 PM, n1majneb said:

Hey Jody, 
The positives: A great build with a nice solution for the door and window design, here.
You do have a great knowledge of brick design!

And the negatives:

Hide contents

However I feel the hologram detracts somewhat being front and centre. This can't be replicated in brick form as transparent minifigs don't exist and 'actual' bricks are the predominant medium for most builders and I feel digital builds should be able to be replicated in brick form.
I'd perhaps look to move things like this as an aside if you feel things like this should be included in a build. 
I say this as, to me, it should be possible to offer something both physically and digitally

Is it because I didn’t do it and photoshop? I have the means so why would I not use it?

10 hours ago, Jody Meyer said:

Is it because I didn’t do it and photoshop? I have the means so why would I not use it?

No, and please don't take it as a slight. I find overly photoshopped imagery and none lego parts like military parts to be a similar distraction.
I appreciate digital builds and the mastery of programmes like Stud.io and LDD but to me, I think - and it is a personal preference I have voiced to yours and all Faction Leaders - limiting yourself to bricks and colours that are available in real life helps as a figure like this can't be made in brick form (and indeed TLG have said they don't expect to ever make full transparent figures owing to the mould and build that would be distracting when reviewing transparent figures).