evancelt

[MOC] A Malodorous Homecoming

Lieutenant Ferguson of the 3rd Cavalry was on leave from Fort Caine and headed home to his cabin with his dog Hercules. He was pleased to see the hearth fire burning as he approached from the stream bank - his wife must be preparing dinner. He would surprise her.

However, as he got closer to the house, he saw a black form scurry behind the cabin. Hercules made chase.

log-cabin-western-1.jpg

Edited by evancelt
Typo!

Very nice landscape and house! I like the realistically built landscape with the bumps, hills, stones, trees and even a puddle of water. The wooden house with the chimney and roof is also well built.

I really like how this turned out, especially the mix of colours of the roof tiles. The large tree in the foreground works well but I am not sure about the top? The alignment of the top layer of leaves looks off, maybe because they are angled differently to the rest of the tree. Maybe weaving three large leaves together to get a more conical look might look more natural? Also nice use of the skunk! I'll have to get a move on with my 3rd cavalry builds!

edit: here's what I mean by weaving three leaves together:

51808521939_0db47f5e0d_o.thumb.jpg.68265fdaad854c536b9411cedfeedb80.jpg

10 hours ago, NOD said:

Very nice landscape and house! I like the realistically built landscape with the bumps, hills, stones, trees and even a puddle of water. The wooden house with the chimney and roof is also well built.

Thanks Nod!

36 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

I really like how this turned out, especially the mix of colours of the roof tiles. The large tree in the foreground works well but I am not sure about the top? The alignment of the top layer of leaves looks off, maybe because they are angled differently to the rest of the tree. Maybe weaving three large leaves together to get a more conical look might look more natural? Also nice use of the skunk! I'll have to get a move on with my 3rd cavalry builds!

edit: here's what I mean by weaving three leaves together:

51808521939_0db47f5e0d_o.thumb.jpg.68265fdaad854c536b9411cedfeedb80.jpg

Thanks! Once I made the door medium nougat with those plank boards I thought adding some more medium nougat would help balance the overall color - so added to the roof and dog/sack! Originally had lime mixed into the roof, too, but took it out as that was one too many greens!

Thanks for the tip on the large leaves. I don't think I have any big normal green ones (just bright green and dark green) but I will get some to try with!

Looking forward to your 3rd Cavalry builds