Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Koolkoalas said:

Not on the uk website the giga went up today

Doesn't matter.

The set was officially revealed by LEGO themselves yesterday. So that makes your "rumour" irrelevant. 

But yeah, let's finish it here.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Doesn't matter.

The set was officially revealed by LEGO themselves yesterday. So that makes your "rumour" irrelevant. 

But yeah, let's finish it here.

Agreed 

anyway I do gotta say tho 

why have they not made a new leg mould for the therizinosaurus like it’s so inaccurate also why couldn’t they make a better mould for the therizinosaurus’ claws

15 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

Agreed 

anyway I do gotta say tho 

why have they not made a new leg mould for the therizinosaurus like it’s so inaccurate also why couldn’t they make a better mould for the therizinosaurus’ claws

They've already made three new moulds for a single dinosaur, so I do understand why they didn't decide to make two more. Five would be a lot for just one dinosaur.

17 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

Becwhy have they not made a new leg mould for the therizinosaurus like it’s so inaccurate also why couldn’t they make a better mould for the therizinosaurus’ claws

I’m guessing the designers don’t have any left in the current budget? We have a LOT of new molds, such as Pyroraptors, Beta, Atociratpors, Queztacoatlus, and few i forgot somethiing?

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They've already made three new moulds for a single dinosaur, so I do understand why they didn't decide to make two more. Five would be a lot for just one dinosaur.

Agreed on this. 

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m guessing the designers don’t have any left in the current budget? We have a LOT of new molds, such as Pyroraptors, Beta, Atociratpors, Queztacoatlus, and few i forgot somethiing?

Agreed on this. 

True I guess but still they are going to keep using this mould over and over again which means every dino using it that isn’t scorpios Rex or indo raptor will be inaccurate 

Dang it, I ordered the JP set right at midnight and it was still too late :wall: I hope the 60 day thing is exaggerated (which it usually is, seems to be a common placeholder)

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Dang it, I ordered the JP set right at midnight and it was still too late :wall: I hope the 60 day thing is exaggerated (which it usually is, seems to be a common placeholder)

This set is selling like hot cakes, a fact that I am very happy with.

It should show LEGO that not only 18+ sets like those dioramas are in demand, but also Jurassic Park sets from the OG trilogy. I hope the Star Wars ones also sell well.

Managed to get the last T-Rex Breakout set at my local store, they told me they had not received as many as they had expected and it had been very popular, heard another store only received 8 so guess this will be in short supply for sometime.

18 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Hmm.. Now I'm getting a little worried about availability haha, shouldn't be worrying though, I'm sure it'll be fine.

I imagine this T-rex Breakout diorama coming back in stock after 2 - 3 months and the, instantly, it’s out of stock again…

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I imagine this T-rex Breakout diorama coming back in stock after 2 - 3 months and the, instantly, it’s out of stock again…

yeah haha, well as THELEGOBATMAN said, its a good thing because it can show Lego how well both the 18+ sets sell as well as the Jurassic Park theme. 

Pretty happy with the Quetzalcoatlus set, oddly the back of the plane perfectly accepts the dino's head and actually kind of locks in, so you can fly the plane with the Quetzalcoatlus locked into the plane. Weird because it looks to be made specifically for it and there is no cargo with the set.

T. rex Breakout, which I backordered on Sunday (they said the set would be shipped in between 60 days and the beginning of July), is already "in process" right now.

It would be amazing that LEGO release new Diorama sets like the Break Out but from The Lost World and Jurassic Park III. Like the T-Rex attacks, the airplane scenes... There are a lot of cool posible "scenes" to represent in dioramas.

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Pretty happy with the Quetzalcoatlus set, oddly the back of the plane perfectly accepts the dino's head and actually kind of locks in, so you can fly the plane with the Quetzalcoatlus locked into the plane. Weird because it looks to be made specifically for it and there is no cargo with the set.

It looks really weird haha. Also there is cargo, that little thing that holds a fire extinguisher, a flashlight and a wrench/spanner. 

Possible spoilers for the movie:

I've heard that Kayla Watts transports dinosaurs either for the black market or from the Governments who give them to Biosyn for their dinosaur sanctuary that I believe is located in Italy if I remember correctly.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

T. rex Breakout, which I backordered on Sunday (they said the set would be shipped in between 60 days and the beginning of July), is already "in process" right now.

Nice! That's great that they have the production of the set under control, I think we're back in business!

4 minutes ago, Bricktuvius said:

It would be amazing that LEGO release new Diorama sets like the Break Out but from The Lost World and Jurassic Park III. Like the T-Rex attacks, the airplane scenes... There are a lot of cool posible "scenes" to represent in dioramas.

Yeah, I would love sets from the original trilogy, Lego is seriously missing out on so much money by not making sets of them, such a shame.

40 minutes ago, Bricktuvius said:

I’d love one from jp 3 but not with a brick built spino

17 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

yeah haha, well as THELEGOBATMAN said, its a good thing because it can show Lego how well both the 18+ sets sell as well as the Jurassic Park theme. 

I don’t think I made this point clear enough. I just don’t want to wait for 2 or 3 months until it’s coming back in stock and then it’s instantly sold out. Another few months to wait. It’s a painful, lengthy waiting.

On the bright side, yes, it’s a good thing for TLG to realize how well this diorama sells. 

8 hours ago, Bricktuvius said:

Yeah, that would be awesome! 

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t think I made this point clear enough. I just don’t want to wait for 2 or 3 months until it’s coming back in stock and then it’s instantly sold out. Another few months to wait. It’s a painful, lengthy waiting.

On the bright side, yes, it’s a good thing for TLG to realize how well this diorama sells. 

Ah right, well you could try just going around to local stores and checking their Lego section, that's probably what I'm going to do haha, fingers crossed Lego makes more

10 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Ah right, well you could try just going around to local stores and checking their Lego section, that's probably what I'm going to do haha, fingers crossed Lego makes more

Good idea, I know my local Target has four on the shelf right now.

Built the Pyroraptor & Dilophosaurus set, and I love it.

The car is pretty great for what it is. Minifigures are all good enough. The dinosaurs look amazing, although I still dislike how Dilophosaurus has printed claws and teeth, while Pyroraptor doesn't.

I just got two sets (Queztacoatlus Plane Ambush and Pyroratpor & Dilophosaurus Transport) today. 

I will build them soon. But i took a quick glance at prehistoric figures alone. 

HOLY MOLY! Queztalcoatlus is a huge pterosaur in my hand! I don’t care how weird it is big next to Pteranodon, it’s so perfect to populate the sky with fellow Pteranodons! I get it why people complained about Quetzacoatlus’s stiffy neck. it doesn’t bother me at all but if I’m designer I would make 3 seperate parts (head, neck and body), it would be possible. I’m surprised that lower beak jaw is not rubber. 

And I love Pyroraptor’s feathers on its body, it’s real neat! It’s my first time to own raptor, yay! I’m not bothered that its claws and teeth are not printed at all. Also, i don’t care how less possible it is (other than its jaw) - I still love it! And as for Dilophosaurus, it does look great! It’s my first time to own that speices, also, another yay! I’m sure people did talk about that size is perfect for Dilophosaurus, rather than an oversized version. Again, I don’t care about the lack of pose-ability it holds. 

Like i said, I will build them soon!

17 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Ehhhhh. *looking at gas price*

I will limit the trips to local stores, lol.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I also dislike how Pyroraptor's hands look from the inside - they are as flat as flat is.

Yeah i can see how flat its claws are from inside. Not like Dilophosaurus. It’s just a weird feeling.  But I would understand that Pyroraptor has its claws closed in. 

On 4/21/2022 at 11:10 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Good idea, I know my local Target has four on the shelf right now.

Cool, I've checked a few stores but they seem to only stock the same sets. Though I should be going to the Lego store soon so if I have any luck there I'll let you guys know I guess lol.

20 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Built the Pyroraptor & Dilophosaurus set, and I love it.

The car is pretty great for what it is. Minifigures are all good enough. The dinosaurs look amazing, although I still dislike how Dilophosaurus has printed claws and teeth, while Pyroraptor doesn't.

I want that set so bad lol, I don't really mind the unpainted claws and teeth, more so the completely flat arm, which is mentioned already.

18 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I just got two sets (Queztacoatlus Plane Ambush and Pyroratpor & Dilophosaurus Transport) today. 

I will build them soon. But i took a quick glance at prehistoric figures alone. 

HOLY MOLY! Queztalcoatlus is a huge pterosaur in my hand! I don’t care how weird it is big next to Pteranodon, it’s so perfect to populate the sky with fellow Pteranodons! I get it why people complained about Quetzacoatlus’s stiffy neck. it doesn’t bother me at all but if I’m designer I would make 3 seperate parts (head, neck and body), it would be possible. I’m surprised that lower beak jaw is not rubber. 

And I love Pyroraptor’s feathers on its body, it’s real neat! It’s my first time to own raptor, yay! I’m not bothered that its claws and teeth are not printed at all. Also, i don’t care how less possible it is (other than its jaw) - I still love it! And as for Dilophosaurus, it does look great! It’s my first time to own that speices, also, another yay! I’m sure people did talk about that size is perfect for Dilophosaurus, rather than an oversized version. Again, I don’t care about the lack of pose-ability it holds. 

Like i said, I will build them soon!

Ehhhhh. *looking at gas price*

I will limit the trips to local stores, lol.

Cool! Though on the plus side, at least we don't need to worry about its neck loosening over time and starting to keep drooping ahah

Lol I forget the petrol prices are a little bit ridiculous now, though I mean depending on how far away your closest store is, walking? Or public transport but that's only if you are really determined to obtain the sets I guess