Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

If the Ministry is from DH, I really hope that Umbridge's cat Patronus is included.  And Slytherin's Locket (maybe as a recolored gold medal piece?)

On the subject of Horcruxes, I think it would also be really neat if Dumbledore's Office had the Gaunt Ring included.  (I'm still hoping for a flying Fawkes mold to show up too, but it seems far fetched at this point)

76400 Hogwarts Carriage with Thestrals

• Sounds like a fantastic set, the thestral mould is amazing so happy to see that again and now we get a juvenile as well :sweet:

76401 Hogwarts: Sirius' Rescue

• Sounds like a nice set, like that we get buckbeak in another set as well. However as several people have mentioned Ginny do not make much sense there, but not sure who it can be instead if she is a stand in fig :wacko:

76402 Hogwarts: Dumbledore's Office

• sounds rather expensive so should include several animal moulds for that price. Love that we finally get Mrs. Norris, I am sure she has a new colour, but could even have a new mould :wub: Fawkes and and owl could be included, but not sure what else hike up the price?

76403 Ministry of Magic

• Sounds great, but it makes no sense it is from OOTP with the figs included if Lego are still are making sets based on what characters was in the different scenes. It is most likely from DH with stand in figs in the prelim, the trio in disguise as Reginald Cattermole, Mafalda Hopkirk and Albert Runcorn with their normal face on the other side. Dolores Umbridge, Arthur Weasley and the dementors makes sense then.  Lucius Malfoy is probably a stand in for Yaxley, the last unknown fig could be Thicknesse or someone else present. For the 100th time no one from Lego have said they will never make DH sets :hmpf:

76404 LEGO Harry Potter Advent Calendar

• could be anything

76405 D2C set

• could be anything, but probaly not MOM any more :tongue:

76406 Hungarian Horntail

• make sense to make a better one since the last was not well received, will wait to see it if I am interested..

76407 Howling Shack

• Rather expensive so I expect new moulds for both padfoot and werewolf, probably not any shops included, but maybe the WW :classic:

76408 ?

• could be anything

Sounds like a good wave however disappointed about the lack of FB sets so far:shrug_oh_well:

Fantastic news....

The list ist perfect.I love all the new Sets.

Is it possible that the 120$ Set is the 

Durmstrang ship Lego exclusive?

34 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If the Ministry is from DH, I really hope that Umbridge's cat Patronus is included.  And Slytherin's Locket (maybe as a recolored gold medal piece?)

I mean, for the scene to work you do need to be able to steal the locket off Umbridge :purrr: and I’ll hardly say no to another patronus, especially one that can double as McGonagall’s :wub:

37 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

On the subject of Horcruxes, I think it would also be really neat if Dumbledore's Office had the Gaunt Ring included.  (I'm still hoping for a flying Fawkes mold to show up too, but it seems far fetched at this point)

Unfortunately, I don’t think that will line up. The only time Dumbledore is shown with both Snape and McGonagall in his office during the movies is GoF, so that’s probably the movie the set is based off of, long before Dumbledore obtains the ring. 

10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh! Gotcha, I didn’t realize he has Brickset account. 

Can only see he was on the site. Just saying, he seems to be around but not on here. :classic:

6 hours ago, joeee said:

I have so much excitement for the Shrieking Shack, I hope it is better than the 2004 version. 

Ofc this new version will be better. I mean the piece count is what? like a double of 2004 version? I respect the nostalgia factor, but in terms of design the bar isn’t set very high with these og sets. I think we are forgeting important thing here, which is that werewolf Lupin wasn’t really present in Shrieking Shack scene, but since this theme isn’t really accurate in terms of what characters are present in scenes, I think there is a good chance they will include him again in this set.

Edited by Textorix

Taking Promobricks descriptions as trustfull (what they are sure of is sure is sure, what they're not sure of is not sure) the Ministry of Magic is OotP based.

So, basically, LEGO seems focusing on the Ministry main structure when we see it for the first time in OotP:

- Entrance Hall with the Golden statue
- A bunch of offices
- The arch connecting them

- Plus a possible Hall of Prophecies module

Now, about the minifigures selection an interesting point is whether LEGO depicted the Prophecies battle (putting Umbridge and Arthur just as offices owners) or mixed this scene with Harry heared by the Wizengamot. In the first option Umbridge could wear a regular magenta/pink outfit; while in the second option she could wear the Wizengamot outfit and Harry an outfit coherent with this scene.

In the OotP case, which it's the real case according to Promobricks, Deatheaters wearing capes and hoods could easily be confused with Dementors. And the supposed Greyback could be Augustus Rookwood (Rockwood is the deatheater holding and threatening Ron in the movie) or the deatheater holding and threatening Hermione (someone knows who is it?).

Obviously LEGO could have made even more confusion :laugh: mixing OotP and DH or Promobricks misunderstood Lucius with Yaxley, while dementors are dementors.

Damn... now I'm even more curious. Hibernate me untill the official revelation :iamded_lol:.

Edited by BrickMatit

5 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Ofc this new version will be better. I mean the piece count is what? like a double of 2004 version? I respect the nostalgia factor, but in terms of design the bar isn’t set very high with these og set. I think we are forgeting important thing here, which is that werewolf Lupin wasn’t really present in Shrieking Shack scene, but since this theme isn’t really accurate in terms of what characters are present in scenes, I think there is a good chance they will include him again in this set.

You're right! I kept thinking this was a Burrow situation where the original one was already well done but TLG outdid themselves with the new set...but I took a glance at the instructions for the Shack and it was a fairly simple build. (I didn't realize the original Shack also has the entrance/exit from the floor! Here's to hoping they include that in this new reiteration.)

Oh yes, I am pretty sure Lupin will have his werewolf form! Doubt they will have that box where it sucks up a minifigure and spits out the alternate form though.

21 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I mean, for the scene to work you do need to be able to steal the locket off Umbridge :purrr: and I’ll hardly say no to another patronus, especially one that can double as McGonagall’s :wub:

Unfortunately, I don’t think that will line up. The only time Dumbledore is shown with both Snape and McGonagall in his office during the movies is GoF, so that’s probably the movie the set is based off of, long before Dumbledore obtains the ring. 

I've got a feeling that Dumbledore's office will be based on OOTP - seeing the inclusion of Cho Chang (when she gets dragged there after DA gets found out and Dumbledore and Fakwes teleport away). However, if that's the case, it would make more sense to have Kingsley and Umbridge rather than Snape or Filch. So maybe it is GOF with there being some sort of balcony to double up as the scene where Harry asks Cho to the ball? Long shot though, we need an owlery!!

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Like others have said, Ginny in the Sirius escape set means a Fat Lady portrait seems quite likely inside the tower, I'd guess there is perhaps a small staircase to the portrait with an armchair and fireplace inside with the cell on the top. 

I really hope there is a new Fluffy cat mold for Mrs Norris who can then be coloured ginger for Crookshanks in the SS, assuming he comes in it. We should hopefully get new Dumbledore and McGonagall varients in the office set. 

Other than Neville saturation (5 since 2018 reboot, only 2 before) and what compared to their previous iteration is Ginny scarcity (4 now, but 3 prior), I can't believe they'd give us Ginny instead of poor Neville in the PoA Gryffindor Common Room scene. Throw in the cat who callously framed him :laugh: and Padfoot, and it makes even more sense.

On the other hand they've been working hard to include more female minifigs, and we have an age appropriate Neville in the DADA Moment set this year, so...

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

They don't need to be in the same scene, though. Snape could be from one of the other castle rooms included in the set. 

46 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Taking Promobricks descriptions as trustfull (what they are sure of is sure is sure, what they're not sure of is not sure) the Ministry of Magic is OotP based.

So, basically, LEGO seems focusing on the Ministry main structure when we see it for the first time in OotP: 

- Entrance Hall with the Golden statue
- A bunch of offices
- The arch connecting them

- Plus a possible Hall of Prophecies module

Now, about the minifigures selection an interesting point is whether LEGO depicted the Prophecies battle (putting Umbridge and Arthur just as offices owners) or mixed this scene with Harry heared by the Wizengamot. In the first option Umbridge could wear a regular magenta/pink outfit; while in the second option she could wear the Wizengamot outfit and Harry an outfit coherent with this scene.

In the OotP case, which it's the real case according to Promobricks, Deatheaters wearing capes and hoods could easily be confused with Dementors. And the supposed Greyback could be Augustus Rookwood (Rockwood is the deatheater holding and threatening Ron in the movie) or the deatheater holding and threatening Hermione (someone knows who is it?).

Obviously LEGO could have made even more confusion :laugh: mixing OotP and DH or Promobricks misunderstood Lucius with Yaxley, while dementors are dementors.

Damn... now I'm even more curious. Hibernate me untill the official revelation :iamded_lol:.

I think Promobricks is extremely reliable, but they're only as good as the information they have, and I'm not entirely convinced they're sure about the MoM being OotP only or that the set is even limited to a single movie. (Like how 4 Privet Drive included PS's scene of Harry's receipt of his acceptance letters to Hogwarts plus the second year Dobby and Anglia escape scenes, or the Great Hall had Harry and co. as firsties plus Quirrell and yet still included the basilisk (of which we shall speak no more :tongue:).) I think the main point was a lot of us expected the sets to focus on PoA and GoF, and Promobricks are emphasising it has gone beyond that, plus the golden statue in the fountain = OotP. That doesn't mean there can't be other scenes playing out there. But if your starting point information isn't sufficient to be sure who that extra character is, then preliminary photos with stand-in figs or low res pix seem likely, as opposed to a marketing description from lego which would have nailed it down.  

Edited by krimimimi

If we know now that there won't be

a Ministry of Magic as a D2C set so what could it be?

I think nearly 470$ for a Train and a station is too much.

The Disney train set was 299$.

If it will be Gringotts it must be huge because the whole Diagon Alley set is 399$.

This is 170$ price difference.

Just some preliminar thoughts on the sets.

1) Hogwarts Carriage: a good way, for me, to have at least a thestral considering I miss the first one (too bad, in Italy Grindelwald Escape was sold for 30€; too much for me).

2) Sirius Rescue: interested in seeing how LEGO did it. The concept is similar to the Hospital Wing one and I suppose we could have two 8x8 modules with the two arches of the courtyard and a third 8x8 with the Dark Tower. In this case, maybe the set is intended to be partially put under the Hospital Wing. Strange the presence of Ginny.

3) Dumbledore really deserve a better office, I hope LEGO satisfied him. Nice the fact this set is meant to continue building at a 90-degree angle the Chamber of Secrets set.

4) Wow, wow, Ministry of Magic

5) Hungarian Horntail, not my cup of tea. Easy pass.

6) Shrieking Shack, the set everyone was sure about :snicker:

Good feeling for this wave, I hopes they won't be disappointed. Some really interesting things. What I'm really curious to see is the Ministry of Magic set and, obviously, the yet unknown sets.

Final note: at the moment, the last Hagrid appearance as a regular minifigure was in the 2020 Diagon Alley set. But if we exclude this highly priced set, it was in 2019 Hagrid's Hut and Beauxbatons' Carriage. Sooner or later he has to reappear, but from people is expecting from the yet unknown set (Durmstrang Ship, Second Task, Grimmauld Place) it doesn't seem there's space for him even this year :laugh: Poor Hagrid!

15 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

I think Promobricks is extremely reliable, but they're only as good as the information they have

Yes, that's absolutely true :wink:

Edited by BrickMatit

42 minutes ago, joeee said:

Oh yes, I am pretty sure Lupin will have his werewolf form! Doubt they will have that box where it sucks up a minifigure and spits out the alternate form though.

While I do doubt we’ll get the pre-constructed transformation box again, I wouldn’t discount the possibility of the designers using technic parts to build something similar into the Shack itself. After all, something must be causing that low piece count/price point discrepancy, and some technic panels, gears, and spring mechanisms could explain part of it. 

35 minutes ago, PumpkinPasties said:

I've got a feeling that Dumbledore's office will be based on OOTP - seeing the inclusion of Cho Chang (when she gets dragged there after DA gets found out and Dumbledore and Fakwes teleport away). However, if that's the case, it would make more sense to have Kingsley and Umbridge rather than Snape or Filch. So maybe it is GOF with there being some sort of balcony to double up as the scene where Harry asks Cho to the ball? Long shot though, we need an owlery!!

Let’s face facts, with the current Castle System it’s far more likely that weld see the Lego designers put a bunch of owls in a 8x8 module and roof section attached to a larger set so they can at least give us something owlery-like than it is for us to get an actual separate tower (whose interior would mostly contain massive piles of bird poo). Sort of the same way that people are theorizing that Ginny comes in the Sirius’ Escape set because some part of Gryffindor tower (like the Fat Lady portrait entrance) makes up the module located under the cell where Sirius was held. 

4 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

They don't need to be in the same scene, though. Snape could be from one of the other castle rooms included in the set. 

True, but Cho kinda narrows it down a bit. She doesn’t appear in the movies before GoF, and by HBP she and Harry are avoiding each other. That means it pretty much has to be GoF or OotP, and if was the latter featuring Dumbledore’s dramatic exit why no Umbridge? :def_shrug: Makes a little more sense if it’s the ‘staff meeting’ where we first see Dumbledore using his pensieve plus a side of painfully awkward teen romance and Filch stalking the halls. Plus, that could theoretically make the known summer sets 2 PoA, 2 GoF, and 2 OotP which is very satisfyingly balanced. 

48 minutes ago, joeee said:

You're right! I kept thinking this was a Burrow situation where the original one was already well done but TLG outdid themselves with the new set...but I took a glance at the instructions for the Shack and it was a fairly simple build. 

I took your lead and looked at it too. I just can't picture them letting the new SS set get too out of scale with 2021's well-received Hogsmeade sets. Combined with the increased piece count, I think there is a real chance we'll see another small Hogsmeade shop included. (Or that's just wishful thinking, whichever... :laugh:)

I think we will also get a new 

Accessory set and a GWP set this year too.

Is there a chance to see a HP minifigures series 3 this year?

18 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

True, but Cho kinda narrows it down a bit. She doesn’t appear in the movies before GoF, and by HBP she and Harry are avoiding each other. That means it pretty much has to be GoF or OotP, and if was the latter featuring Dumbledore’s dramatic exit why no Umbridge? :def_shrug: Makes a little more sense if it’s the ‘staff meeting’ where we first see Dumbledore using his pensieve plus a side of painfully awkward teen romance and Filch stalking the halls. Plus, that could theoretically make the known summer sets 2 PoA, 2 GoF, and 2 OotP which is very satisfyingly balanced. 

I'm really hoping they'll keep expanding Hogsmeade. So next year we might see OotP Harry and Cho at Puddifoot's and the formation of the DA at the Hog's Head, say. (Which makes Cho's inclusion here unfortunate, as that becomes less likely...) But I think your read on the distribution isn't unlikely, plus we still have the retail exclusive set, and 2 PoA & 1 GoF sets from the March wave. Oh, maybe Cho's alternative face is sleeping, and this is a way to give us another victim to recover in GoF second task... 

Edited by krimimimi

4 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

If it will be Gringotts it must be huge because the whole Diagon Alley set is 399$.

This is 170$ price difference.

I don't think that the 470 $ could be only Gringotts, but if it's the case containing also Gringotts. A 470$ only Gringotts would absolutely be out of scale for just a single building, mainly if this would be intended to go with the Diagon Alley set we already have. More logical (and more desirable for me) to imagine a set with a big Gringotts, bigger than any other Diagon Alley shop but comparable with the Diagon Alley set, plus Leaky Cauldron (maybe with part of the Muggle street), Borgin and Burkes and a fourth building. The dragon over the dome could be a nice add, while underground vaults are difficult to image, unless being put side by side with the bank.

4 hours ago, Sir Godric said:

I think nearly 470$ for a Train and a station is too much.

I suppose it really depends what type of set are you talking about. Maybe for a big and detailed Creator Expert Hogwarts Express model the price could be justified? Maybe placed over the viaduct?

Edited by BrickMatit

6 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I don't think that the 470 $ could be only Gringotts, but if it's the case containing also Gringotts. A 470$ only Gringotts would absolutely be out of scale for just a single building, mainly if this would be intended to go with the Diagon Alley set we already have. More logical (and more desirable for me) to imagine a set with a big Gringotts, bigger than any other Diagon Alley shop but comparable with the Diagon Alley set, plus Leaky Cauldron (maybe with part of the Muggle street), Borgin and Burkes and a fourth building. The dragon over the dome could be a nice add, while underground vaults are difficult to image, unless being put side by side with the bank.

I suppose it really depends what type of set are you talking about. Maybe for a big and detailed Creator Expert model the price could be justified? Maybe placed over the viaduct?

I would be happy with both sets but would prefer Gringotts.

The other option a second Icons set...

hmm...it's quiet nice but not what i really like to see.

Maybe it will be something completely different of what we are thinking about.

So let's keep on dreaming....

If you guys think Promobricks is sure about MoM set being OotP based, check their Instagram story again, they are not.

.... ofc D2C won't be just Gringotts (if it isnt something else). How can anyone even think of that. Gringotts building more expansive than entire Diagon Alley D2C, that would be ridiculous. If it is Gringotts, then the set will have 2 extra DA buildings, maybe even 3 depending on how many pieces they will put into Gringotts building and if they include moulded dragon.

Edited by Textorix

18 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

I think we will also get a new 

Accessory set and a GWP set this year too.

Is there a chance to see a HP minifigures series 3 this year?

40560 and 40577 are both supposed to be for the Harry Potter theme and the 40xxx number series is used for accessory packs, brickheadz, and GWPs, so yes it’s practically confirmed. 40560 is already rumored to be an accessory pack, and with 40577 being a no sequential number it’s likely to be something different, although whether that means Brickheadz or a GWP we know about really far ahead of time is yet to be seen. 

As for CMFs, no luck this year. The two upcoming ones are Muppets and another unlicensed series. 

39 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

True, but Cho kinda narrows it down a bit. She doesn’t appear in the movies before GoF, and by HBP she and Harry are avoiding each other.

Since last year LEGO has been slowly moving away from doing characters strictly as they appear in the films. Younger Cho and Cedric variants in the Moments sets. Year 1 Luna in the CoS sets.

It could well be a CoS Dumbledore's Office with Cho thrown in so that there's another set of Ravenclaw robes. Given she and Luna are the only prominent Ravenclaws, LEGO doesn't have much to work with if they're going for named characters, and Cho is one people recognise.

11 minutes ago, Sir Godric said:

The other option a second Icons set...

There are only few other options, but this is the first time someone came with this one. That would be terrible, specially for people who actually bought Icons set for it's uniqeness. Icons set is one of the kind like Hogwarts microscale castle imo.

Edited by Textorix

4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

If you guys think Promobricks is sure about MoM set being OotP based, check their Instagram story again, they are not.

As they say, early rumours are mostly based on prototype sets and figures. Something to always keep in mind when reacting to rumours :classic:

Just now, BrickMatit said:

As they say, early rumours are mostly based on prototype sets and figures. Something to always keep in mind when reacting to rumours :classic:

Yeah I remember how hard it was to identify minifigures from prelim pictures last year... 

I love the debate song if the Ministry of Magic set is Order of the Phoenix or Deathly Hallows.

Lucius Malfoy and the golden statues plus a possible section of the prophecy room indicates Order of the Phoenix.

However, 2 Dementors heavily points to Deathly Hallows.

Umbridge appears in both films at the Ministry.

I doubt Fenrir Grey back would be in the set as he's in neither scene at the Ministry.

Scabior, Yaxley and Pius Thicknesse are all in Deathly Hallows and are minifig contenders.