Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm definitely excited for these sets - moreso the non-Hogwarts sections (still not really collecting the 2021 style). I appreciate that they are making some new locations, and if all works well, this could be an incredible year for Harry Potter as a theme. 

I have so much excitement for the Shrieking Shack, I hope it is better than the 2004 version. I am even pondering if I should not look at pictures until I walk into the store in June/July and REALLY be surprised. 😂

4 minutes ago, joeee said:

I have so much excitement for the Shrieking Shack, I hope it is better than the 2004 version. I am even pondering if I should not look at pictures until I walk into the store in June/July and REALLY be surprised. 😂

OMG I want to do this too. I’ve thought about it since last year but I don’t think I possess the willpower. Maybe I’ll manage it with the D2C.

These Harry Potter Summer 2022 rumors are exciting! I'm really excited for The Shrieking Shack and The Ministry of Magic out of all the sets.

Dumbledore's office also sounds promising. A larger Dumbledore's office is much needed and that original set from the early 2000's was always a classic. 

Also some people are saying that the Ministry might be Deathly Hallows based, is that true? I thought it was based off of the climax of The Order of The Phoenix, because Lego doesn't like film 7&8. 

Do you think The Shrieking Shack will have werewolf Lupin or the grim for Sirius? It's been so long since we've seen that set and I've always wanted to have it in my collection

3 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Falconfan is giving me hope on Instagram the MoM is based on DH.

Maybe creating one DH set to test the waters, based on a relatively "safe" scene, and including a highly requested building is a good option for them.

Especially since Lego has a history of giving the location of a lethal climax but based around a different scene - i.e. the Astronomy Tower based on the Slug Club Christmas party or putting 3rd Task Cedric in the first CMF so they could easily leave him out of the graveyard set the next year. 

It definitely wouldn’t shock me if they gave us a DH1 based Ministry and then did a Order vs. Death Eaters Accessory Pack and/or a Grimmauld Advent Calendar they can sneak other relevant characters like Sirius into, so they could give you all you need for the OotP Ministry Battle without actually having to go near The Veil/Sirius’ death scene. 

11 minutes ago, The Brickvenger said:

Also some people are saying that the Ministry might be Deathly Hallows based, is that true? I thought it was based off of the climax of The Order of The Phoenix, because Lego doesn't like film 7&8. 

Do you think The Shrieking Shack will have werewolf Lupin or the grim for Sirius? It's been so long since we've seen that set and I've always wanted to have it in my collection

I would be surprised if there wasn't at least a Werewolf Lupin in the Shack, but we don't know for certain as far as that or the grim. 

The figure list for the ministry is a bit tentative. There's Umbridge, who doesn't make a lot of sense, and they even note that one of the figures is a bit unknown (they conjecture Fenrir, but they don't know), so we'll see what the final figure list is and what movie it's based on for certain.

Sounds like this wave covers a real smorgasbord of material, and I love that!

Super excited by a large Ministry set, no matter what scenes it depicts or minifigures it includes.

The thestral set sounds like a good choice for $20, and nice both for those that missed the earlier one and those wanting more. 

Shrieking Shack is another location for which we've been waiting a long time for a modern version, and the price point chosen should be appropriate.

Nonplussed personally about the Hogwarts sets, and I'm not sure about the Dark Tower being necessary for a set at all, but Dumbledore's Office is definitely a good choice even if I can personally skip it.

I do wonder how many last-act-of-PoA repeat Minifigures we're going to end up with this year, and there's a conspicuous lack of Slytherins (and Hufflepuffs of course). I would've liked a proper mid-years Draco to factor in somewhere, but oh well.

Overall I'm quite excited to see the final pictures of these sets and peruse all the details.

2 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I would be surprised if there wasn't at least a Werewolf Lupin in the Shack, but we don't know for certain as far as that or the grim. 

The figure list for the ministry is a bit tentative. There's Umbridge, who doesn't make a lot of sense, and they even note that one of the figures is a bit unknown (they conjecture Fenrir, but they don't know), so we'll see what the final figure list is and what movie it's based on for certain.

You can't really do a Shreaking Shack without the werewolf Lupin, so that makes me really happy.

I read the description, but it sounded strange. Fenrir has never really been seen inside The Ministry before, so that makes sense that it could be a mistake on PromoBricks part. They sounded uncertain about that.

The rumor list also says that there's Dementors in The Ministry set along side Umbrige, that really reminds me of DH part 1. Maybe Harry, Ron, and Hermione are new poly juice potion variants like the bathroom last year, that would be cool

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

Sounds like this wave covers a real smorgasbord of material, and I love that!

Super excited by a large Ministry set, no matter what scenes it depicts or minifigures it includes.

The thestral set sounds like a good choice for $20, and nice both for those that missed the earlier one and those wanting more. 

Shrieking Shack is another location for which we've been waiting a long time for a modern version, and the price point chosen should be appropriate.

Nonplussed personally about the Hogwarts sets, and I'm not sure about the Dark Tower being necessary for a set at all, but Dumbledore's Office is definitely a good choice even if I can personally skip it.

I do wonder how many last-act-of-PoA repeat Minifigures we're going to end up with this year, and there's a conspicuous lack of Slytherins (and Hufflepuffs of course). I would've liked a proper mid-years Draco to factor in somewhere, but oh well.

Overall I'm quite excited to see the final pictures of these sets and peruse all the details.

When are we going to get the official summer set pictures? Late April? 

Personally the carriage set reminds me too much of Grindelwald's Escape, so I might skip that one.

Shrieking Shack and The Ministry are both must haves in my opinion and are sets that I've dreamed of having in my collection.

The Dark Tower sounds decent, but I'll have to wait and see if that one is worth that $50 price tag. Why is Ginny in that set? Not complaining about having that extra figure, but she wasn't in that scene.

Dumbledore's office sounds great. What do they mean by the build being built at a 90 degree angle at the center? I hope it includes a long spiral staircase and a griffin statue to lead up to his office.

The buildable Horntail is okay, kinda wish it was Buckbeak and a Niffler, but the dragon is still cool I guess.

I wonder what the $470 set is, could it be Gringotts or Grimmauld Place? 

Also what is the $120 set, is that going to release later as a retailer exclusive, is that why we don't know anything about it? Hopefully it's a Durmstrang Ship with The Black Lake :excited:

16 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Yeah, there’s still a lot of ambiguity with these set descriptions, and the Shack and Horntail didn’t have proper descriptions at all. 

For the Shrieking Shack all we can go off of is that the scene depicted had the trio, the Marauders, and Snape, and the 2004 version also included werewolf Lupin. That comes to 8 minifigs, which is the same number the 2019 Clocktower at the same price point comes with (with a considerably larger number of new prints needed), so it’s pretty easy to imagine they could fit them all in there. 

For the Ministry we basically have to assume that the character line up isn’t quite accurate because of stand-ins/characters that look too similar to tell apart in preliminary images. Promobricks lists Lucius Malfoy and two Dementors, which is impossible if they’re doing a character lineup based off a single movie (which they have pretty much stuck to so far). It only really makes sense if you assume that those two Dementors are actually Death Eaters in an OotP set or ‘Lucius’ is actually Yaxley in a DH1 set (which would make it the first DH1 set ever, since the 2 2011 sets were both DH2). The presence of Umbridge is making people hopeful for the latter, but we ultimately need to wait for more information. 

Nice list of sets this year with lots of potential.

Hopefully the ministry feels like a complete building rather than a bunch of seperate builds but as long as it has some good figures, parts and stickers it can be improved on. I can imagine it spanning multiple movies like diagon alley did. Looking forward to this the most.

Shrieking shack will probably only disappoint by leaving out some key figures that are it that scene. Ideally we would get the wolf and dog but that could always be next years cheap set with a tree build on the side.

I'll have to see the Hogwarts castle sets to see what they look like. I'm not a fan of the new system, its very repetitive, but the new clock tower while being nothing like the actual building looks much better than some of the add on sets from last year. Its still a box with a clock on it though with some nice figures. 

The carriage sound good for the cheap set and looking forward to the baby thestral and hopefully Luna has her blue outfit from that scene on. 

I love ninjago dragons so hopefully the dragon is a good dragon build and not another gimmick build with moving wings. It would be totally out of scale next to Hedwig and Fawkes if it is that style again. 

And then we have the mystery sets. $120 could be the ship or the bank and the big set....who knows. If we get the ship and then an extension to Diagon Alley OMG this will be an amazing year and we will all be poor. Even if the large set is a minifigure scale play set of anything in Harry Potter world I think it will be amazing. I'm just worried its another thing that ill think is cool but I don't need it like the owl on the books.  

Looking forward to the reveal of some pictures. 

I'm happy with the sets that have been announced other than the Dragon since I'm not a fan of brick built creatures. 

Will be curious to see what figures we do actually get in each set.  Have to agree the Ministry set figures listed seem a bit off unless they are trying to give us some from different movies than the scene they actually are depicting with the build.  It would have been a good way for us to get another Percy since one of the upcoming books has a Percy Figure. 

I'm holding out hope the $120 set definitely isn't another set of buildable figures.  The only buildable figure I might consider would be Dobby but not at that price point.  I hope the rumors are correct that the $120 set is a playset. 

Still looking forward to seeing what the $470 set will be.  Really hoping it will be Gringotts & Leaky Cauldron.

Curious if we will be getting a GWP at some point too since we've gotten at least one each year so far since 2018.

So how likely does everyone think it is that the Mrs. Noris in Dumbledore’s Office is a new longhaired cat mold? Because if she is then I really can’t see them finally doing a new cat mold for her, but I can see them doing it to finally give us an accurate Crookshanks (truly the unsung hero of PoA), who could feature in the Shrieking Shack or a potential Grimmauld Place (or even Diagon Alley if they did the Leaky Cauldron or Magical Menagerie), and then recolor it for her in the same wave. 

The only aspect of the current rumoured Ministry minifigure lineup that doesn't match a single scene is Ron and Hermione. Everything else matches Harry's visit to Ministry for his trial.

If the set doesn't come with any aspect of the court room, though, that would be pretty weird. I am hoping that the descriptions are off, or it tries to encompass a number of scenes from both the beginning and end of OotP. But again to me personally the build and location sound cool enough that I almost don't even care what the Minifigures are.

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The only aspect of the current rumoured Ministry minifigure lineup that doesn't match a single scene is Ron and Hermione. Everything else matches Harry's visit to Ministry for his trial.

If the set doesn't come with any aspect of the court room, though, that would be pretty weird. I am hoping that the descriptions are off, or it tries to encompass a number of scenes from both the beginning and end of OotP. But again to me personally the build and location sound cool enough that I almost don't even care what the Minifigures are.

Except that the dementors don’t match Harry’s trial either. They only appear at the Ministry in DH1. 

The OotP Battle would include the Trio, Arthur, and Lucius - and if we assume the ‘dementors’ are actually generic death eaters then Umbridge is the only oddball. (With the mystery character probably being another Order member) 

The DH1 scene would include the polyjuiced Trio, Umbridge, and Dementors, with ‘Lucius’ probably being Yaxley and Arthur either actually being Arthur (he appears in both the book and a deleted scene) or the real Reg Cattermole (which could actually be quite comical, since the poor man appears in his underclothes). 

41 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

"Arthur" could be Reg Cattermole and "Ron" could be Percy.  It could be conflating descriptions with the results of fuzzy /too small / preliminary pictures. Leaving "Greyback" which might be Mafalda or Mary Cattermole. After last year's Polyjuice Potion Mistake, I'm hopeful we'll see the trio in the Polyjuiced forms from DH1 sooner or later. 

Edit: actually, "Fenrir" would have to be Runcorn / Harry. And we've already speculated Lucius is Yaxley. "Hermione" would be a Mafalda hybrid... This set would be phenomenal for the minifigs alone. 

15 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The OotP Battle would include the Trio, Arthur, and Lucius - and if we assume the ‘dementors’ are actually generic death eaters then Umbridge is the only oddball. (With the mystery character probably being another Order member) 

The DH1 scene would include the polyjuiced Trio, Umbridge, and Dementors, with ‘Lucius’ probably being Yaxley and Arthur either actually being Arthur (he appears in both the book and a deleted scene) or the real Reg Cattermole (which could actually be quite comical, since the poor man appears in his underclothes). 

Great minds / Ninjaed. The other snag with the OotP Battle is Arthur doesn't appear in it though. The short hair and dark outfit "Fenrir" could even be Tonks, but I'm hoping for a violet haired version. Maybe it's a preliminary. 

Edited by krimimimi

7 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

"Arthur" could be Reg Cattermole and "Ron" could be Percy.  It could be conflating descriptions with the results of fuzzy /too small / preliminary pictures. Leaving "Greyback" which might be Mafalda or Mary Cattermole. After last year's Polyjuice Potion Mistake, I'm hopeful we'll see the trio in the Polyjuiced forms from DH1 sooner or later. 

or “Ron” could be Ron and “Arthur” could be Reg Cattermole, the real Reg makes an appearance after all. Or “Arthur” could actually be Arthur - who appears in a deleted scene where the polyjuiced Ron and Harry try to warn him he’s being watched. And since “Mafalda Hopkirk” is actually Hermione for the all the Ministry scenes and Hermione is already on the Minifigure list, I think Mary Cattermole is more likely as the mystery character (although Pius Thickness could also be a possibility). There’s just too many variables to know for sure until we get more info (and quite probably that means waiting for set pictures). 

23 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Except that the dementors don’t match Harry’s trial either. They only appear at the Ministry in DH1. 

My bad. I conflated their appearance at the DH1 trials and the OotP trial.

In any case, I'm still sceptical that it's really based on DH because Promobricks writes that it's OotP with certainty. Usually they make it known when they aren't sure. I'd much rather it be DH, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

My bad. I conflated their appearance at the DH1 trials and the OotP trial.

In any case, I'm still sceptical that it's really based on DH because Promobricks writes that it's OotP with certainty. Usually they make it known when they aren't sure. I'd much rather it be DH, but we'll see.

In Promobricks defense, the golden statue is definitely from the OotP Ministry, and it’s pretty clear that the character list has at least one misidentified character due to stand-ins or ambiguous/low quality illustrations, so I wouldn’t fault them for calling it based on the statue if the Minifigure lineup was fuzzy (and since Promobricks wasn’t even willing to call the last character it’s pretty clear it was). 

25 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

And we've already speculated Lucius is Yaxley.

If anything Fenrir could be actually Yaxley, but not Lucius

I find really hard to believe that Promobricks would mix up Lucius with Yaxley

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

If anything Fenrir could be actually Yaxley, but not Lucius

I find really hard to believe that Promobricks would mix up Lucius with Yaxley

Lucius and Yaxley have long blond hair, although iirc Yaxley favours a ponytail. Greyback was black haired in the most recent version, so I find that more difficult to confuse on the surface. Thicknesse, as @Accio Lego suggested, or Runcorn fit that bill better, short dark hair. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Also, again, while not openly a discrepancy, it is definitely a point in favor of DH that the set apparently doesn't include Fudge, who is probably the most important character to include if we're basing on OotP.

19 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Also, again, while not openly a discrepancy, it is definitely a point in favor of DH that the set apparently doesn't include Fudge, who is probably the most important character to include if we're basing on OotP.

I’d definitely expect Fudge, Bellatrix, Dumbledore, or Voldemort, or maybe even all four, if this was an OotP set. The fact that we have none of them and Umbridge instead is definitely food for thought. 

If the ministry had Yaxley instead of Lucius, the trio as the pjp variants and Pius Thickness instead of ‘fenrir’, that would be my dream set. I’m also having nightmares that the $120 set are an another pair of Maxifigures. That would be dreadful.

Instead of Greyback, perhaps it is his Snatcher college Scabior who is seen in the MoM. 

New-DH-pics-harry-potter-15721484-720-42

Both similar outfits with scruffy hair. 

I would love to know the size of the Horntail to see how it compares with a minifigure, and if it could replace the 2019 creature. It may well be too big. I suspect the nest with eggs will form the stand. My guess for the minifigure is post-task Harry with ripped robes or perhaps someone like Crouch or Hagrid (Hedwig and Fawkes came with their owners, Crouch is the closest thing to that for the HH and Hagrid loves dragons) or perhaps as an outside chance Rita?

Like others have said, Ginny in the Sirius escape set means a Fat Lady portrait seems quite likely inside the tower, I'd guess there is perhaps a small staircase to the portrait with an armchair and fireplace inside with the cell on the top. 

I really hope there is a new Fluffy cat mold for Mrs Norris who can then be coloured ginger for Crookshanks in the SS, assuming he comes in it. We should hopefully get new Dumbledore and McGonagall varients in the office set.