Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

[…] so adding in at least one for OotP just makes sense, especially since, again, they seem to be building up to it already.

As OotP is one of my favourites, if not THE favourite instalment in the franchise, I‘d love for your prediction to come true :wub: The two sets we got in 2020 were great, but there‘s so much more they could do!

As I‘ve said before, I think the best route to take would be to abandon the two-film-per-year-with-a-little-extra structure completely and just release a random assortment of sets based on all the films every year. That‘s basically what they‘re doing with the March sets already: GoF Moments set, PoA Moments set with DH!Trelawney minifig, PoA Hospital Wing, and PS Hogwarts Trunk. Pretty random I think :grin:

I would like more Order of Phoenix sets, I think it's the best one in the series with the best flow of scenes, it works so well. A set based on the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort would be nice. 

34 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I would like more Order of Phoenix sets, I think it's the best one in the series with the best flow of scenes, it works so well. A set based on the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort would be nice. 

Or better yet, a MoM set that includes both the duel and the Battle at the Department of Mysteries :wub: Not likely, but let a man dream :grin:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Or better yet, a MoM set that includes both the duel and the Battle at the Department of Mysteries :wub: Not likely, but let a man dream :grin:

Considering the awful PPP-ratio of the $50 set and the lack of any big molded creatures we haven't gotten already, I think it's going to be one with a lot of minifigures (like the City people packs or Ninjago Gamer Market): Either the Lake Task or the Ministry Battle.

I think the Lake Task is more likely just because it is the main sequence from GoF that we're still missing, but the Ministry Battle would be a good choice to include characters that aren't currently on shelves, like Voldy, Gambon Dumbledore, a more easily available Lucius, and Sirius (if we don't get a Shrieking Shack).

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

3 hours ago, Mr No said:

Me too, I really want OoTP Sirius and Tonks minifigs, way high up on my wishlist. My customs only go so far :laugh:

Hi all, I've been lurking for over a year now, and thought I'd finally join in and post predictions before we get a reveal of the new sets!

$19.99, 121 pieces-Either Draco's Buckbeak's encounter, or Siruis's escape with Buckbeak. Something with a large mold to justify the low piece count.
$49.99, 345 pieces- Gryffindor common room, based on the scene in PoA with the Fat Lady's portrait. Includes Percy (in the movies, him pushing through he crowd shouting about how he's head boy is one of his last scenes with lines), some sort of play feature for the portrait to move, maybe Filch, since he hasn't been included in a while.
$79.99, 654 pieces- Durmstrang Ship
$99.99, 990 pieces- Probably some kind of display piece again, since they like to give us those. A buildable Firebolt maybe? A microscale maze from the 3rd task, similair size to the chess board from last year? Buildable marauders map? Etc.
Advent Calendar-If they're sticking with PoA/GoF, hopefully it will be Hogsmeade- themed, but I feel like it's more likely to just be themed around the 2nd movie, similair to how last year was based on the first movie.
$469.99 (D2C)-  I'm on board the Gringotts/Leaky Cauldron/ Borgin and Burkes train, and I'm ready to be disappointed.
$49.99,671 pieces- Niffler, probably the only Fantastic Beasts set
$89.99, 777 pieces-Shrieking shack, with werewolf Lupin, the trio in their hospital wing outfits, Sirius and Peter
$119.99- A long shot, but I think the 2nd task has to be included here somewhere, and I like @BrickFunatic's idea putting it with another piece of the castle. We haven't gotten a library yet, and that's the part of the castle we're in right before the task, so I'm hoping it will be that. Also includes a viewing platform (with a feature to launch Harry off of it), a small underwater bit with a mermaid, all the champions, Neville and some gillyweed, and some (but probably not all) of either Ron, Hermione, Cho, and Gabrielle to be rescued.

2 hours ago, yori4145 said:

$469.99 (D2C)-  I'm on board the Gringotts/Leaky Cauldron/ Borgin and Burkes train, and I'm ready to be disappointed.

All aboard the Gringotts hype train! Next stop: Disappointmenttown :snicker:

2 hours ago, yori4145 said:

$19.99, 121 pieces-Either Draco's Buckbeak's encounter, or Siruis's escape with Buckbeak. Something with a large mold to justify the low piece count.

A moulded creature is definitely likely, given the price point. I‘d rather have a troll or a Thestral though :tongue:

Speaking of which: I‘ve been thinking about that Thestral set idea I‘ve recently mentioned. Looking at the recent City set descriptions made me realise that TLG seem to be on a baby animal trip lately. Imagine a set based on the Thestral feeding scene from OotP with a baby one included :wub:

3 hours ago, yori4145 said:

Advent Calendar-If they're sticking with PoA/GoF, hopefully it will be Hogsmeade- themed, but I feel like it's more likely to just be themed around the 2nd movie, similair to how last year was based on the first movie.

Hey, welcome out of lurkdom! :pir-huzzah2: 

I don't think they'll have any problems skipping years forward or backwards for the AC (2019 PS, 2020 GoF, 2021 PS), but a year three set seems more likely (particularly having done the Yule ball only a little over year ago and it still haunts the shelves :look:). So let's say it were Hogsmeade (which sounds like a great idea) instead of based on one of the larger sets this summer... What kind of things do you think they might include? What would make a good Hogsmeade AC?

12 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I hope we get another Voldemort set this year, perhaps with a green robe

Yeah, it's been a while since his last appearance in a set :classic: Unless you count Goldemort

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, it's been a while since his last appearance in a set :classic: Unless you count Goldemort

I don't count that one, Quirell should get one too.  I only now started to buy HP sets, finished the movies last night too. I got the bathroom set, pretty nice. 

Edited by Mr No

17 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Firstly, I don't think the specific Quibbler issue is relevant.

OK, I see your point but we can agree to disagree. I don't know much about printing but it looks the same to me, and I think of HBP when I see it. But I'd love OOtP sets, even though I'd prefer this wave be 3-4. :pir-blush:

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Speaking of which: I‘ve been thinking about that Thestral set idea I‘ve recently mentioned. Looking at the recent City set descriptions made me realise that TLG seem to be on a baby animal trip lately. Imagine a set based on the Thestral feeding scene from OotP with a baby one included :wub:

I would love that so much. I had it in my potential CMF accessories, but I can't see that happening now. :pir-wub:

@yori4145 Great ideas, and welcome! :pir-laugh:

I have hyped myself up into thinking this wave will be 3-4, so I would really like to see them finish up those movies and move onto 5/6 next year. But I agree with everyone who wants to see OOtP stuff. There is so much they could do, and it's shocking they haven't already. I can't wait for them, whether this year or next. :pir-thumb:

Not to look to deep into things, but has anyone else seen the recent leaked Lego Harry Potter books. Some come with Poa Harry and Ps Harry. The ‘2023 year book’ has hermione and Ron with normal legs and ootp/hbp clothing. Both those versions of Ron and Hermione also appear in another book individually. The one with Ron even has the ministry in the background. I haven’t seen a release dates with these books but the ‘2023 year book’ will probably come out late this year or next year. However the other 2 have no obvious release date. Maybe those Ron and Hermione figures are used in the upcoming wave. If they are not, we can definitely expect them during next year’s wave. 

5 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

Maybe those Ron and Hermione figures are used in the upcoming wave. If they are not, we can definitely expect them during next year’s wave. 

Pls no, these book minifigures are nothing new, they are just random versions of Ron and Hermione built from part we got in sets like Chess or Grawp. These minifigures have zero value to me and I don’t mean in terms of money, but from design point of view. I could make these minifigures now by combining some parts of minifigures that I already have, so having them in new set would a terrible idea. When I buy new set I also want some new prints on minifigures, and if they are all reused, they need to be at least accurate to the scene. This theme has been doing a great job in terms of not reusing minifigure prints as much as we are used with other licenced themes. They even gave us new prints for entire trio from POA in Hospital Wing set whem everyone was expecting they would just reuse their versions from Hagrid’s Hut set… so I hope they will continue with this great approach.

Edited by Textorix

5 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

Not to look to deep into things, but has anyone else seen the recent leaked Lego Harry Potter books. 

These books have no bearing on upcoming sets whatsoever :grin: Or have you seen a Quidditch-related set or one with Cedric included recently? :wink: Or one with a Lucius minifig?

Book with Cedric was the best one we got in this theme so far (excluding Tom Riddle one as it is different price range), we got cheap quidditch torso for Hufflepuff and most importantly the yellow cape.

13 hours ago, krimimimi said:

So let's say it were Hogsmeade (which sounds like a great idea) instead of based on one of the larger sets this summer... What kind of things do you think they might include? What would make a good Hogsmeade AC?

I made a Hogsmeade AC MOC on my IG i anyone would like to see:

Some of the builds included:

Hogs Head pub signpost

mini Knight Bus

mini Clock Tower

red Butterbeer street cart

highland cow

lamppost, snowman, outdoor pub table, tea set, cake stall, hat stall etc

If they do a Hogsmeade AC I hope one of the exclusive characters is Aberforth, then that’s another DH character ticked off the list 

Edited by Bugbot20082

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I made a Hogsmeade AC MOC on my IG i anyone would like to see:

I think it's great, this would not look out of place in comparison to an official release.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:04 AM, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Thinking about it further, I could honestly see this wave's Hogwarts expansion being based on OotP, since (A) it's the only film to not have the flagship set of a wave be a castle module based on it, and (B) we already have the only major castle building for PoA in the Hospital Wing, and there aren't any major Hogwarts scenes in GoF except the Yule Ball, which they most certainly won't retread so soon.

That‘s an excellent point :thumbup: OotP really is the only film (besides DH) that hasn‘t had a Hogwarts extension dedicated to it yet, unless you count the RoR. Umbridge‘s office and a new rendition of the wall of decrees would be excellent additions, not sure what else they could include that‘s specific to OotP. A set like that would also be a great opportunity to include another Filch minifig, this time accompanied by Mrs Norris :wub:

20 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Would not surprise me and it is very cute, in addition I would like to see they use the adult mould again in a set.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A set like that would also be a great opportunity to include another Filch minifig, this time accompanied by Mrs Norris :wub:

The cats has got some love in City this year so maybe we will finally see her, but I think we will get Fang first if the dogs vs cats ratio is anything to go by :tongue:

That was so well done, @Bugbot20082:wub: Chuckling at hipster Hermione with churros... :laugh: Aberforth would be a great idea! I'd like to get him eventually.

I really hope they keep Hogsmeade going, and give us a Shrieking Shack this year, maybe a Hog's Head next year for the DA. That would be another great set to use an AC to expand on the characters included in the summer set.

Edited by krimimimi

3 hours ago, krimimimi said:

That was so well done, @Bugbot20082:wub: Chuckling at hipster Hermione with churros... :laugh: Aberforth would be a great idea! I'd like to get him eventually.

5 hours ago, Lego Harry said:

I think it's great, this would not look out of place in comparison to an official release.

Thank you both so much, I appreciate those comments ;)

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That‘s an excellent point :thumbup: OotP really is the only film (besides DH) that hasn‘t had a Hogwarts extension dedicated to it yet, unless you count the RoR. Umbridge‘s office and a new rendition of the wall of decrees would be excellent additions, not sure what else they could include that‘s specific to OotP. A set like that would also be a great opportunity to include another Filch minifig, this time accompanied by Mrs Norris :wub:

I'll probably post my full predictions list today or tomorrow, but I'll put out my thoughts on the Hogwarts expansion here, since I do have a unique idea for it that I think fits very well with LEGO's current modus operandi of depicting specific "magical scenes".

76403 Hogwarts Firework Frenzy - 990 pcs. - $99.99

The set would comprise two major buildings: a 24-stud wide hall, and a 16-stud wide tower.

The hall from the exterior would loosely resemble the Viaduct Entrance, and the interior would feature desks for the O.W.L. examinations and the back wall would be covered with several Educational Decrees (similar build to the Sirius Wanted Poster from 76388). There would be play features to knock down the Decrees, and places on the back to attach two builds for exploding fireworks (similar to the Story of Nian). Above this on each side would be a single 8x8 module topped with a tower cone: One side would have a minimized Divination room, the other a storeroom for WWW products. The center module would be a roof section with no interior, and topped with a buildable "W" firework, and the set would also include a sidebuild for the dragon firework.

The tower would have 4 levels. At the bottom would be a simple corridor area with a stone bench and two torches. Above that would be the Gryffindor Common Room, furnished with a large couch, an armchair, the fireplace (with Sirius's head), and a table. Above on one side would be Umbridge's office, and on the other would be a locked cupboard containing two brooms: There would be a play feature to blow open the cupboard. 

Figures could include the main trio, Fred, George, Umbridge, Filch (with Mrs. Norris), Trelawney, and Dumbledore.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

If at one point they are out of ideas they should make a Azkaban prison set.. 

44 minutes ago, Mr No said:

If at one point they are out of ideas they should make a Azkaban prison set.. 

Yeah, I always wanted a giant LEGO triangle :laugh_hard: Wait, we already got one recently with the Domo :grin: 

Seriously though, if they ever run out of ideas, they probably start remaking sets rather than making a set of a building that appears on screen for a grand total of like 10 seconds :tongue: As much as I like the design, it‘s not really set material in my opinion. And we got Bellatrix in her prison garb already

Edited by BrickBob Studpants