Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Eh, I‘ll wait for them to join the MCU :tongue:

That will take some time

Eke-7kZXYAAci38.jpg

Just now, Mr No said:

That will take some time

I‘m not in a particular rush, the mediocre aftertaste the FoX-Men have left has barely been washed out after all :grin: And the less said about the foul stench Fox’s Abysmal Four have left, the better :laugh_hard:

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘m not in a particular rush, the mediocre aftertaste the FoX-Men have left has barely been washed out after all :grin: And the less said about the foul stench Fox’s Abysmal Four have left, the better :laugh_hard:

True, but hey, we get X Men 97 in 2023...maybe there is hope. 

4 minutes ago, Mr No said:

True, but hey, we get X Men 97 in 2023...maybe there is hope. 

Sure, but as you say, that show arrives next year, so expecting sets this year doesn‘t make much sense :wink:

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure, but as you say, that show arrives next year, so expecting sets this year doesn‘t make much sense :wink:

I actually expect atleast 1 set because of the Wolverine minifigure from the mech set, since literally all of them appear in various sets and are not exclusives to the mech. Of course, that could change with the Ant Man set. One man can hope. 

76202_Box1.png?fit=bounds&format=png&wid

It uses the Wolverine logo and we get the X logo rhere too. Maybe I am reading too much into it. 

1 hour ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

We are discussing a hypothetical $500 set, no? 

If is the continuation of the Marvel Modular series, of which the Daily Bugle is the first, then it will not be MCU based.   

Not hypothetical.

There's an actual 500€ Marvel set coming this year.

18 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I actually expect atleast 1 set because of the Wolverine minifigure from the mech set, since literally all of them appear in various sets and are not exclusives to the mech. Of course, that could change with the Ant Man set. One man can hope. 

The mech minifigs actually make me think the Avengers Tower might follow the bugle route of just being a non-specific Lego version of the tower that throws in tons of elements of Avengers history instead of being the 2012 movie version like most are assuming. I mean Wolverine's most famous run on an Avengers team was New Avengers which also just happens to be the series that introduced the tower instead of the mansion and we're finally getting a comic versions of 2 founding Avengers? It feels like it lines up pretty well.

Edited by Childish Goblino

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Releasing a comic-based $500 set for the 10th anniversary of a theme kickstarted by the first Avengers film would be a bit tone-deaf :tongue: This theme simply would not exist if it weren‘t for the MCU (yeah yeah, the MCU in turn wouldn‘t exist without the comics, but that‘s beside the point)

Your use of "tone-deaf" is a little bit quizzical, if you mean responsive to demand, Infinity Saga sets were not exactly flying off the shelves, judging by the level of discounting. Also there were LEGO Marvel sets long before the MCU. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There is no such thing… yet. And even if there was, who says they all have to be comic-based? Pretty hard to establish a pattern based on a sample size of N=1 :grin:

A sample size of 1 is infinitely more probative than a sample size of zero. 

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

9 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

The mech minifigs actually make me think the Avengers Tower might follow the bugle route of just being a non-specific Lego version of the tower that throws in tons of elements of Avengers history instead of being the 2012 movie version like most are assuming. I mean Wolverine's most famous run on an Avengers team was New Avengers which also just happens to be the series that introduced the tower instead of the mansion and we're finally getting a comic versions of 2 founding Avengers? It feels like it lines up pretty well.

Maybe, you know, I think a lot are expecting the Avengers tower to be MCU based because that's the most logical thing they expect Lego to do, but TLG don't really do things that would be the most logical choices, according to us anyway. So I just say, don't be surprised if the tower is comic based and not MCU, or a hybrid. I don't really care which version is anyway, I hope they do some cool minifigs atleast. 

Your use of "tone-deaf" is a little bit quizzical […]

„Tone-deaf“ as in ignoring the reason why this theme exists in the first place :grin:

Also there were LEGO Marvel sets long before the MCU. 

Yes, I remember all …four of them :tongue: Jk, of course there were also the Studios and Jack Stone-style sets, but they were nowhere near the level the current Marvel sets are (and they were solely based on Spider-man)

A sample size of 1 is infinitely more probative than a sample size of zero. 

As a researcher myself, that improves the worth of such data from ‚completely useless‘ to ‚completely useless with a neat bow on top‘ :head_back:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will continue filming very soon. I don't believe the film or the sets will be delayed again.

7 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will continue filming very soon. I don't believe the film or the sets will be delayed again.

I actually think they will delay it, if Coogler considers that he can't finish it on time they will most likely delay it. A delayed film is better than a rushed one. But if he thinks they can finish on time then more power to them. 

4 hours ago, Childish Goblino said:

Now that you say that I can't help but think that that's probably what'll end up happening. That way it still kind of works as an MCU set, but Lego can just throw in the most popular Avengers characters instead of having to resort to some of the more obscure choices that would probably end up getting picked for a strictly MCU tower. Personally I'm hoping it's MCU but I also probably won't get it either way, so I guess it doesn't really matter. That being said, I don't think we should take the mechs as a sure sign of what characters are coming in the tower since there could always be something else for them to show up in.

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

This movie is supposed to come out in less than 10 months, and they just started filming again.

It will either be delayed, or awfully rushed and unpolished.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Might still be better than Black Panthers laughably fake looking third act :tongue:

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Might still be better than Black Panthers laughably fake looking third act :tongue:

It would be way funnier if it looked even worse :tongue:

5 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Also there were LEGO Marvel sets long before the MCU.

Were there? The first wave of the umbrella "Marvel" theme in 2012 consisted of one comics-based set with the rest all being based on Avengers. Even if you're counting the earlier Spider-Man sets based on the Raimi movies, those are still film-oriented.

While I wouldn't mind a comics-based Avengers Tower, I think an MCU version is more likely. Usually Avengers stuff has always been tied in to some media (the MCU, the Avengers Assemble cartoon, the Square Enix game, etc.). I guess the mechs are the only things that stand out to me as the exception. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

49 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This movie is supposed to come out in less than 10 months, and they just started filming again.

Spider-Man NWH wrapped in late March for a December release. If it is unpolished, I can't imagine it being worse than Spider-Man's (although they did have some wonky CGI moments).

36 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Spider-Man NWH wrapped in late March for a December release. If it is unpolished, I can't imagine it being worse than Spider-Man's (although they did have some wonky CGI moments).

NWH looked terrible tho.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

NWH looked terrible tho.

Did it tho? I dunno about you but I didn't even watch it in imax but I thought it looked fine and waaay better than the cgi for Homecoming, which I hate and Far From Home, which I enjoy. NWH was the best of the bunch. 

13 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Did it tho? I dunno about you but I didn't even watch it in imax but I thought it looked fine and waaay better than the cgi for Homecoming, which I hate and Far From Home, which I enjoy. NWH was the best of the bunch. 

CGI looked terrible in some places, but overall it was averagely mediocre.

This movie had a bigger problem with cinematography, camerawork and directing, which made CGI look nuchal worse than it actually was.

Ugly CGI on dark background with cuts every 2 second.

I don't know if the movie will look good or not, but I hope the news that filming will resume boosts confidence that the sets will release on time.

Multiple reports saying Moon Knight will hit in March! :)
Sadly no Lego item to accompany it though :(

Still would've loved for the $500 set to be a modular Arkham Asylum, but oh well. :head_back: Agree with the general consensus that it'll probably be Avengers Tower and inclined to agree with the guesses that it's based on The Avengers, or at least "inspired by". Which is... Fine, I guess? It'll probably look amazing, be tempting and such, but a $500 AT just screams "huge footprint" combined with a lot of height which is a straight up no-go for me. That's just a problem with display space when collecting Lego and not the potential set itself, of course. :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

CGI looked terrible in some places, but overall it was averagely mediocre.

This movie had a bigger problem with cinematography, camerawork and directing, which made CGI look nuchal worse than it actually was.

Ugly CGI on dark background with cuts every 2 second.

Probably doesn't help that the whole thing, however good, exudes big pandemic-energy: a lot of dialogue scenes cutting between shots of characters alone; Haden Church and Ifans spending the whole movie in their CGI-forms; the whole third act/final battle feeling very much like everyone were in separate corners of a blue screen soundstage that they then comped together digitally. Kudos to them (and especially the overworked VFX-teams; someone definitely had a nervous breakdown when they realized Strange is in it), can't have been an easy movie on any level to put together, but I agree that the CGI is... Overall suffering between the scope and the time constraints.