Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Aww Yiss! Happy its the Mk44. Now to hope Lego do a no brainer and make the buildable Ironman Fit in. Even if its just the torso and head! 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think part of this has to do with what could have been. After how strong summer 2021 was plus with it being marvel’s 10 year anniversary and that not being celebrated.

Like for me this is the most disappointing year of all time for Lego marvel with what could have been 

2021 made us believe that Lego finally figured out how to handle Marvel.  my last hope, is that when Lego had the feedback, the 2022 line was already ready, and the real positive effects we will see them in 2023. in fact the January list gives me optimism ... apart from that, I will never forgive Lego for snubbing 10 years 🤬

ok, now we have the definitive information on D2C?  can we see these photos ???  😂

30 minutes ago, mrcngrck said:

550$$ set and figure without leg printing xD it would be easy pass

For 550€ even the print on the hands would have been little 🙄

I really don't understand what the LEGO Marvel team is think sometimes, especially when it comes to the large +18 kits. Who do they actually think wants a $550 MK1 Hulkbuster!? Somehow this is even worse than the Black Panther bust. 

47 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I really don't understand what the LEGO Marvel team is think sometimes, especially when it comes to the large +18 kits. Who do they actually think wants a $550 MK1 Hulkbuster!? Somehow this is even worse than the Black Panther bust. 

This is not true, objectively.  I understand the disappointment and frustration when we don't like a set, but your statement is strong.  Hulkbuster has great appeal: it hits Marvel fans, Iron Man fans, and Mech fans.  A huge Iron Man Mech is one of the few wise choices, wanting to make a Marvel D2C

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I really don't understand what the LEGO Marvel team is think sometimes, especially when it comes to the large +18 kits. Who do they actually think wants a $550 MK1 Hulkbuster!?

The original D2C Hulkbuster I believe still sold well and a lot of feedback was given as to what the community wanted and many of those remarks could likely only be fixed by increasing the size/scale to allow for improved detailing. To me an updated version makes a lot of sense in that context.

I'd buy it, probably still will if I can time it with discounts and things - the only problem I have at the moment is the price per piece ratio. 4049 pieces for $550 is too much, even if these are indeed massive pieces. $450 would have been ideal given the licensing. A 60cm tall Lego modifiable potentially posable mech sounds pretty awesome to me - even if I don't keep it as the Hulkbuster. Especially if it could be modified.

18 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

I wonder if the new one will come with a Tiny Veronica again like the last one! 

I hope not.  useless microbuilds were one of the worst things in 76105

8 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I hope not.  useless microbuilds were one of the worst things in 76105

Given that this one is supposed to be much larger than it's piece count would suggest, I don't think we'll have to worry about side builds.

20 hours ago, PGBQW said:

This might be a hot take, but I'm glad the 500€ set it's not the avengers tower or a modular building.

If they do end up releasing more Marvel buildings I'd rather to be able to actually aford to buy them without having to live under a bridge.

100% with you on that. 

I want to be able to support Marvel modulars every step of the way but as soon as it starts hitting those prices I'm probably going to have to dip out. 

Far as I'm concerned the only things I'd spend that sort of money on are iconic SW vehicles. And even then... 

7 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

After watching the latest She-Hulk episode, I really wish we had gotten a set.

I have the exact same feeling towards the Werewolf by Night special. LEGO not capitalising on the Disney+ content is a true shame.  

I think they picked the MK1 rather than the MK2 because the MK2 didn't actually have Iron Man inside it. It was actually (somewhat ironically given its original purpose) piloted only by Bruce Banner.

That and the fact that the MK1 got a fair bit more screen time than the MK2 IIRC.

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

I think they picked the MK1 rather than the MK2 because the MK2 didn't actually have Iron Man inside it. It was actually (somewhat ironically given its original purpose) piloted only by Bruce Banner.

That and the fact that the MK1 got a fair bit more screen time than the MK2 IIRC.

Its interesting that the Mk2 wasn't built with banner unlike the mk1.

mk2 also managed to shownup in two films too despite it not really achieving much 😂 I still kinda wish they hadnt hve scrapped the original Hulkbusting out the Hulkbuster scene for IW. The reshot scene with Corvus was pretty lame.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I couldn‘t care less about most MCU Disney+ projects, but I'd gladly take a Werewolf by Night set. 

Honestly this is me 100%. I really haven't liked this phase in general, as I think most of the movies and shows have been bad (Shang-Chi and Loki were good), but for every couple bad shows or movies, there's a NWH, Moon Knight, or Werewolf by Night. It really speaks volumes that some of these characters have 6-9 episodes with them as the focus, or an entire movie, and I either couldn't care less or actively disliked them, but in less than an hour they made it so I can't wait to see more of Jack, Ted, and Elsa. My only worry set-wise is that the show really isn't for kids (how the hell did they get away with TV-14? It's not really scary, but it's VERY violent.), and we can't really get Ted in a CMF. 

Maybe it's possible that we'd get them in a future Midnight Sons set.

46 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly this is me 100%. I really haven't liked this phase in general, as I think most of the movies and shows have been bad (Shang-Chi and Loki were good), but for every couple bad shows or movies, there's a NWH, Moon Knight, or Werewolf by Night. It really speaks volumes that some of these characters have 6-9 episodes with them as the focus, or an entire movie, and I either couldn't care less or actively disliked them, but in less than an hour they made it so I can't wait to see more of Jack, Ted, and Elsa. My only worry set-wise is that the show really isn't for kids (how the hell did they get away with TV-14? It's not really scary, but it's VERY violent.), and we can't really get Ted in a CMF. 

Maybe it's possible that we'd get them in a future Midnight Sons set.

Yup, exactly.

I am very selective about the sets I get, but with Phase 4, it's like 10%. So far it would be The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Eternals, Thor: Love and Thunder, Werewolf by Night, and The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.

And honestly, I don't really care about most projects going forwards — except for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and Captain America: New World Order. Those are the only ones I'm genuinely excited for (that we are getting sets for — I wouldn't say no to Daredevil: Born Again).

I think this may be partially a factor as to why they've not adapted from anything other than 'What If...?' and only briefly touched on Loki, TF&TWS and WandaVision in the CMF series. A lot of these shows don't have a basis to judge how succesful they would be and how much they'd sell, it's a massive risk for Lego to cover Marvel media that may get less exposure. You also need to factor in the amount of new figures that would be needed to cover all these new characters, potential branding and licensing, shifting release dates of the Disney+ shows and the question of how much material they would get from each show in the form of concept art. It makes the most sense for them to focus on the movies and maybe branch into the occasional figure from the shows if that character is pre-established or popular. A lot of these characters will show up in the movies or in larger roles later on, so it makes no sense for Lego to take the risk now as opposed to waiting.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup, exactly.

I am very selective about the sets I get, but with Phase 4, it's like 10%. So far it would be The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Eternals, Thor: Love and Thunder, Werewolf by Night, and The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.

And honestly, I don't really care about most projects going forwards — except for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, and Captain America: New World Order. Those are the only ones I'm genuinely excited for (that we are getting sets for — I wouldn't say no to Daredevil: Born Again).

Wait, hold on. You want sets for TFATWS and liked the Eternals ones, but you don't want sets for NWH or Moon Knight?

As for the second part, mostly the same. The only announced projects I'm interested in after this are Guardians 3 and Born Again, and even then I won't buy the sets for guardians 3. NWO could be interesting but seeing as marvel's already turning it into a hulk movie, I don't have high hopes.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 10/6/2022 at 2:12 AM, Legocentrico said:

This is not true, objectively.  I understand the disappointment and frustration when we don't like a set, but your statement is strong.  Hulkbuster has great appeal: it hits Marvel fans, Iron Man fans, and Mech fans.  A huge Iron Man Mech is one of the few wise choices, wanting to make a Marvel D2C

I strongly disagree and this is from someone who is a fan of all 3 of these things but that isn't my point. Here, let me highlight the important part. How many people do they actually think would be willing to spend $550 on a MK1 Hulkbuster? That is the most absurd thing to me. This isn't like a UCS Star Destroyer that's deserving of such a price point. I'm a massive Marvel fan but there is very little outside of a location-based set or a Helicarrier that warrants a $550 set. A Hulkbuster that big and expensive is a meme given how many Hulkbusters LEGO makes and how mech-happy LEGO is in general. They want to make a $550 Marvel mech set? Give us a Sentinel or Galactus or even another Celestial. 

Edited by ToaDraco

I concur that whilst a UCS Hulkbuster will sell, a UCS Hulkbuster at that price point will be a lot harder to get people to buy.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, hold on. You want sets for TFATWS and liked the Eternals ones, but you don't want sets for NWH or Moon Knight?

As for the second part, mostly the same. The only announced projects I'm interested in after this are Guardians 3 and Born Again, and even then I won't buy the sets for guardians 3. NWO could be interesting but seeing as marvel's already turning it into a hulk movie, I don't have high hopes.

Yeah. Not a fan of No Way Home, and Moon Knight wasn't great enough for me to want any sets based on it.

As for New World Order, my hype is based solely on the fact that it's a Sam Wilson Captain America. He's my favourite MCU character right now, and TFatWS is my favourite MCU project. I'm really worried about the director.