Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Kind of an interesting thing, Marcos Bessa (former Harry Potter designer) commented on why there hasn’t been anything special for Lego superhero 10 years. “No idea…I think it would have been cool though” 

Why do you think it's interesting?

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Copium, mostly

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

It’s always interesting to me anyway to hear designers talk about stuff including other themes 

7 hours ago, tafkatb said:

A bit late to the party but I just watched the She-Hulk finale and I really want a set featuring 

Reveal hidden contents

Knowledge Enhanced Visual Interconnectivity Nexus.

(Also speaking of She-Hulk, if and when she shows up in minifig form, do we think she might use the longer legs and arms that were reintroduced in the Avatar sets?)

That would be great. Would work as a polybag in a similar style to the spiderman bridge battle one we had this year. 

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s always interesting to me anyway to hear designers talk about stuff including other themes 

ok, I thought there was a subliminal message that I didn't understand 😅

Edited by Legocentrico

I hope Lego officially reveals the Hulkbuster this week. Perhaps seeing it displayed alongside other things along with confirmation on aspects such as articulation, even a turnaround to show it's back, would help. I'd also like to have a better understanding of how badly the currency issues will impact the set.

23 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Off topic, do we know when the Ant-Man 3 set releases?

Effectively the release schedule for the sets likely follows the very last of the delays, which involved Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel 2 switching places.

• Captain Marvel 2 was previously scheduled for February, which is why they had scheduled her set for January. This set could easily be pushed back given the new fillm release date is July.
  • Ant-Man 3 was previously scheduled for July and then moved forward to February. We know it's getting a set, but any sets planned for it would probably reflect the July release date.

It's unclear if Lego would push the Ant-Man 3 set forward as its easily to delay a set/sets than it is to move one forward.

Updated List:

Spoiler

NOVEMBER:

• 76210: Hulkbuster ($550, 4049 pcs) - Releasing November 4th to VIP's

2022 SETS WITH UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: $89.99 ('The Marvels' potentially delayed)
  • 76241: Hulk Mech ($14.99, 138 pcs)
  • 76242: Thanos Mech ($14.99, 113 pcs)
  • 76243: Rocket Raccoon Mech ($14.99, 98 pcs)
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius ($24.99, 220 pcs)
  • 76245: Ghost Rider with Mech & Bike ($34.99, 264 pcs)
  • 76247: Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda ($49.99, 385 pcs)
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet ($99.99, 795 pcs)

FEBRUARY 2023:

MARCH 2023:

• 10789 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($9.99, 48 pcs)
  • 10790 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($34.99, 149 pcs)
  • 10791 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($49.99, 187 pcs)

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: (GotG themed) ($9.99, 67 pcs)
  • 76254: (GotG themed) ($34.99, 330 pcs)
  • 76255: (GotG themed) ($99.99, 1108 pcs)

JUNE 2023:

• 30653: (Polybag?, Could be DC or Marvel, 40 pcs)

UNKNOWN 2023:

• 76246:
  • 76249:
  • 76250: $69.99
  • 76251: $79.99
  • 76252:
  • 76256: $29.99 ('Ant-Man 3')

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community. 2HY 2023 at the earliest.

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded
Edited by Scarilian

15 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I hope Lego officially reveals the Hulkbuster this week. Perhaps seeing it displayed alongside other things along with confirmation on aspects such as articulation, even a turnaround to show it's back, would help. I'd also like to have a better understanding of how badly the currency issues will impact the set.

Effectively the release schedule for the sets likely follows the very last of the delays, which involved Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel 2 switching places.

• Captain Marvel 2 was previously scheduled for February, which is why they had scheduled her set for January. This set could easily be pushed back given the new fillm release date is July.
  • Ant-Man 3 was previously scheduled for July and then moved forward to February. We know it's getting a set, but any sets planned for it would probably reflect the July release date.

It's unclear if Lego would push the Ant-Man 3 set forward as its easily to delay a set/sets than it is to move one forward

Marvels and Antman swapped release dates back in April... I'm sure that's plenty of time for Lego to adjust their own schedules. Remember Disney also has marketing campaigns tied into the release of these sets- 2021's goofy release schedule was a covid anomaly.

When did we hear about 2022's CMF releases last year? The main series has been pretty unappealing to me personally the last few years so I'm dying to hear about any licensed CMF series coming in 2023.

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Marvels and Antman swapped release dates back in April... I'm sure that's plenty of time for Lego to adjust their own schedules.

I'd normally agree, but Promobricks lists the Captain Marvel 2 set as a January release and gives nothing for the Ant-Man 3 set. We'll have to see how the layout actually happens.

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

When did we hear about 2022's CMF releases last year? The main series has been pretty unappealing to me personally the last few years so I'm dying to hear about any licensed CMF series coming in 2023.

I believe the Marvel CMF series was teased and then relayed by 'bohner_bricks' on Instagram around April 2021 before a confirmation around July 2021 and a release in October 2021.

I would not be surprised if we see a similar layout of info if we ever get a second series of the Marvel CMF - so we'd probably hear about it in April-July 2023 if it's happening in October 2023:shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I believe the Marvel CMF series was teased and then relayed by 'bohner_bricks' on Instagram around April 2021 before a confirmation around July 2021 and a release in October 2021.

I would not be surprised if we see a similar layout of info if we ever get a second series of the Marvel CMF - so we'd probably hear about it in April-July 2023 if it's happening in October 2023:shrug_oh_well:

Praying for the return of the best leaker we've ever had

22 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Praying for the return of the best leaker we've ever had

He leaked the two biggest releases of last year then disappeared off the face of the planet. Absolute chad.

I don't see the value of being able to put super ugly iron man "action" figure which make this build out of proportion...

Jezzz lego

Edited by mrcngrck

Look at that! Looks like all of you predicting the Hulkbuster being able to fit the brickbuilt ironman inside were totally right!

Hulkbuster officially announced and it does fit 76206 Buildable Iron Man inside. That explains why torso is so bad. I know some people like the buildable type figures but did anyone want a hulkbuster for it to fit inside. Makes no sense to me. Id be tempted with a big hulkbuster display piece if it was well done but neither of the two attempts have reached that point. This new one is solely ruined by the buildable figure inside feature. Odd choice.

26 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Hulkbuster officially announced and it does fit 76206 Buildable Iron Man inside. That explains why torso is so bad. I know some people like the buildable type figures but did anyone want a hulkbuster for it to fit inside. Makes no sense to me. Id be tempted with a big hulkbuster display piece if it was well done but neither of the two attempts have reached that point. This new one is solely ruined by the buildable figure inside feature. Odd choice.

This.

It's sad because every building technique and small detail is there. I readjusted the torso with photoshop and it could have been a really good Hulkbuster model (I didn't change the size of any piece, so technically it should be possible to rebuild it like this). The torso is smaller and probably the Iron Man wouldn't fit inside (it would do removing the legs, like the Hot Toys Hulkbuster iirc):

bRADRbm.jpg

Edited by hachiroku

So Lego has released mechs for buildable figures now? What’s next, a $2000 quinjet that can fit a buildable figure??

15 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

It's sad because every building technique and small detail is there. I readjusted the torso with photoshop and it could have been a really good Hulkbuster model (I didn't change the size of any piece, so technically it should be possible to rebuild it like this). The torso is smaller and probably the Iron Man wouldn't fit inside (it would do removing the legs, like the Hot Toys Hulkbuster iirc):

This has me curious... with the actual size and proportions of the actual hulkbuster as seen in the film, can Iron Man actually fit inside? It might just be 'movie magic' (copious CGI) that makes it seem so, but it might not even be physically possible with the film design for a feasible model with correct proportions to be built that still fits the figure inside.

1 minute ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

This has me curious... with the actual size and proportions of the actual hulkbuster as seen in the film, can Iron Man actually fit inside? It might just be 'movie magic' (copious CGI) that makes it seem so, but it might not even be physically possible with the film design for a feasible model with correct proportions to be built that still fits the figure inside.

Nope. Iron Man knee's would be were the Hulkbuster hips are. So the moment the Hulkbuster starts walking goodbye to the knees.

Hot-Toys-Hulkbuster-Updated-001.jpg

51YorYTyKCL._AC_.jpg

5 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Nope. Iron Man knee's would be were the Hulkbuster hips are. So the moment the Hulkbuster starts walking goodbye to the knees.

As I expected. If the 'movie prop' can't even fit all of tony in the torso, then why should the lego set? Also, given the legs on the set are completely static (from what I see). it might even be possible to place the lower legs in the upper legs like in the image you show there with a different design, but instead we get a misshapen torso for the sake of doing something the 'real thing' can't do either.

Well then, can't wait until next year's buildable Bruce Banner figure, and Hulkbuster MKII D2C, so I can throw even less money at that, than I am at this. 

I'm still really just glad this thing never turned out to be Avengers Tower, I can sleep knowing my money is safe for now

33 minutes ago, hvader said:

So Lego has released mechs for buildable figures now? What’s next, a $2000 quinjet that can fit a buildable figure??

A Milano/Benatar that can fit buildable Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, Mantis, Nebula, Kraglin, Thor, Korg, Toothgnasher, Toothgrinder and Adam Warlock figures. Don't want to think about the price

11 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

Meanwhile the LEGO Iron Man statue is absolutely cramped inside that block of a torso 

No one's talking about the fact that you can look through the torso?

I'm also weirded out by why they thought it would be a good idea to change the proportions to fit the buildable iron man. It's not like you'd be able to see it when it's inside the hulkbuster anyway, and not like a system hulkbuster where play value is a factor and it can fit a figure without becoming completely disproportionate.

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

This.

bRADRbm.jpg

When I saw how good the legs and arms were i knew it had to be a issue with storing the mk43 inside. Thanks for showing It was stretched to fit it inside. I dont get why they didnt do the hot toys route. They had a torso and head that could be used with the model (The full figure could also fit albeit using rubber protection to slide the legs down the buster legs)
They shoulda go with correct scale and told people to pop the mk43s legs off. 

Well, personally I think fitting the whole Iron Man figure is pretty cool. As a longtime Bionicle fan it gives me Exo-Toa vibes.

I expect that before long there will be mods to shorten the torso for folks who prefer more accuracy (with any luck, only requiring the parts of the set).

£475 for 4049 pieces, which includes three light-up bricks. It's still extreme but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Dropping around £50 off via Lego VIP points I've stored up and this would be £425 which I think would make it somewhat reasonable if timed with some good promotions such as any in November/December, Bionicle promotion in January, Marvel polybag in February...

It looks like the hips could be angled slightly to have the legs together or spread slightly but unclear. No knee joint is confirmed by one of the display videos. The feet seem to have some ability to rotate slightly to allow them to stay flat for the spread pose.

Updated List:

Spoiler

NOVEMBER:

• 76210: Hulkbuster (November 4th to VIP's)

2022 SETS WITH UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: $89.99 ('The Marvels' potentially delayed)
  • 76241: Hulk Mech ($14.99, 138 pcs)
  • 76242: Thanos Mech ($14.99, 113 pcs)
  • 76243: Rocket Raccoon Mech ($14.99, 98 pcs)
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius ($24.99, 220 pcs)
  • 76245: Ghost Rider with Mech & Bike ($34.99, 264 pcs)
  • 76247: Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda ($49.99, 385 pcs)
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet ($99.99, 795 pcs)

FEBRUARY 2023:

MARCH 2023:

• 10789 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($9.99, 48 pcs)
  • 10790 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($34.99, 149 pcs)
  • 10791 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) ($49.99, 187 pcs)

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: (GotG themed) ($9.99, 67 pcs)
  • 76254: (GotG themed) ($34.99, 330 pcs)
  • 76255: (GotG themed) ($99.99, 1108 pcs)

JUNE 2023:

• 30653: (Polybag?, Could be DC or Marvel, 40 pcs)

UNKNOWN 2023:

• 76246:
  • 76249:
  • 76250: $69.99
  • 76251: $79.99
  • 76252:
  • 76256: $29.99 ('Ant-Man 3')

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community. 2HY 2023 at the earliest.

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded
38 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No one's talking about the fact that you can look through the torso?

I'm also weirded out by why they thought it would be a good idea to change the proportions to fit the buildable iron man. It's not like you'd be able to see it when it's inside the hulkbuster anyway, and not like a system hulkbuster where play value is a factor and it can fit a figure without becoming completely disproportionate.

I think it'd have been more logical to have Iron Man capable of having his legs fold and compress, filling the gaps on either side of the Hulkbuster torso and also making him smaller enabling him to fit in the set. Best comparison I can give would be Soundwave:
transformers-soundwave-wfc-k21-core-class-series-figure-10-cm.jpg

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Buildable Hulk in Summer 2023 followed by a $800 Hulkbuster MK2 that's in-scale in late 2023 based on the concept art for Infinity War that showed the Hulk bursting out the middle :p

My thoughts:

1. Fitting Iron Man inside is cool.

2. I don't have Iron Man, so it's less cool because I don't wan't to get him just for this set.

3. Making Iron Man fit inside essentially raises the price $40 to $590, as the main feature is fitting him in, and is the only way LEGO can justify the terrible proportions.

4. I can't imagine it'll be too difficult to modify this to make it more movie-accurate.

5. I wish LEGO would just make an accurate model I don't have to modify.