Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

While Stranger Things is a small line, it is still an established theme; I assume that @Brick Clicker would not have worded their post as they did, if the sets were just a continuation of an existing (albeit small) theme. 

Yeah, he probably would have phrased it a bit differently. What else could it be though, if it‘s licensed (which I highly doubt at this point)? :wacko:

I hope we hear more soon

Sadly it isn't Stranger Things as far as I'm aware.

Looks to be an unlicensed thing which is pretty out there but I'm sure it won't be long at all till pics pop up...

13 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Looks to be an unlicensed thing which is pretty out there but I'm sure it won't be long at all till pics pop up...

Thanks for confirming it :thumbup: Wonder what it could be then :classic: Perhaps something to celebrate the anniversary on top of the fan-voted set?

25 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Thanks for confirmation! I’m quite curious about an in-house theme.

31 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

What else do you know about this theme, aside from it being unlicensed? 
BTW, is “pretty out there” a hint? I am trying not to read too much into rumours! 

A new in-house theme debuting with only 4 sets sounds very strange

I mean, I do believe you, but this feels off...

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

BTW, is “pretty out there” a hint? I am trying not to read too much into rumours! 

Out there, as in "outer space"? :laugh_hard: Just joking, of course. We really shouldn't read too much into it :grin:

I'm expecting a small one-off theme to celebrate the anniversary

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Out there, as in "outer space"? :laugh_hard: Just joking, of course. We really shouldn't read too much into it :grin:

If @Brick Clicker's wording is a hint, space was my first thought (that, or a very unusual theme such as VIDIYO). Also, agreed! 😬

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I mean, we have no prices or part counts. For all we know, this could be four $15 gimmick sets like vignettes or something :snicker:

Maybe one for each of the 90th Anniversary themes? 🤔

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yeah I’m suspecting it may have something to do with 90th anniveary but I dunno…

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Oh... the plot thickens. I like this idea.

21 minutes ago, Maple said:

Oh... the plot thickens. I like this idea.

The only issue with this is that Bionicle would be difficult to represent in a single set. 😕

Perhaps @Brick Clicker could weigh in, so that speculation does not get out-of-hand? 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

29 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The only issue with this is that Bionicle would be difficult to represent in a single set. 😕

Perhaps @Brick Clicker could weigh in, so that speculation does not get out-of-hand? 

Not really. LEGO could just make one of the six whatever they were called things out of bricks.

Or, my evilness showing through, just completely ignore Bionicle and make two Space sets, one blue and trans yellow and the other Ice Planet. :pir_laugh2:

Instead of discussing Avatar everyone talks about the new theme :grin:

Why not make a new thread for it? I guess it's an original theme, maybe pirates? 

4 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Instead of discussing Avatar everyone talks about the new theme :grin:

Why not make a new thread for it? I guess it's an original theme, maybe pirates? 

Agreed. But no idea what kind of theme it would be yet. Probably we could rename Indiana Jones forum to “Mysterous New Theme” since there are no Indy sets this year?

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed. But no idea what kind of theme it would be yet. Probably we could rename Indiana Jones forum to “Mysterous New Theme” since there are no Indy sets this year?

Why? The Indy theme will release in 2023, no need to. The mystery theme might be original for all we know or licensed. 

Edited by TurinTheGreat

10 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Why? The Indy theme will release in 2023, no need to. The mystery theme might be original for all we know or licensed. 

It’s not my idea. It was BriickBob’s idea in Indiana Jones forum. 

22 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

As Mr. Clicker said, it won't be long until we find out what it is (it's not Bionicle or Indy)

Just now, TurinTheGreat said:

Why would it be Bionicle? Bionicle failed... and only 4 sets? 

If the sets are for the 90th Anniversary, one set for each of the top four themes (Space, Castle, Pirates, Bionicle) would make sense. 

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If the sets are for the 90th Anniversary, one set for each of the top four themes (Space, Castle, Pirates, Bionicle) would make sense. 

if they were to be 4 separate sets for each theme then the price would be pretty low, like 30-50 each, at least low for an anniversary set(s) instead of 4 separate sets id prefer a series of dioramas that can be connected with a Minifigure corresponding with the set, similar to the 60th-anniversary GWP

also, this thread is getting quite offhand, someone should make a forum based around the anniversary, if there isn't one already

2 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Why would it be Bionicle? Bionicle failed... and only 4 sets? 

I disagree with you on “Bionicle failed”… It actually saved Lego’s butts from being bankerupted in early 2000s. 

2 hours ago, TandNbricks said:

As Mr. Clicker said, it won't be long until we find out what it is (it's not Bionicle or Indy)

Where did that Bioncile stuff coming from? Clicker said “new theme” and it’s in-house. Sure Bioncile was an in-house theme but I don’t think Clicker said anything about Bioncile? 

34 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I disagree with you on “Bionicle failed”… It actually saved Lego’s butts from being bankerupted in early 2000s. 

i think he meant the Bionicle reboot failed, not the original run