Sign in to follow this  
Simons Brick World

[MOC] Detroit River Lighthouse

Hello there,

this time there is another small MOC, which will probably find its way into the LEGO® City in the future. Since the city is to be held in the American style, of course, the lighthouse must look "american".
After some hours of google searching I decided to build the small but unique lighthouse at the mouth of the Detroit River in Lake Erie called the Detroit River Lighthouse.

(For those who are interested, here is the link to the Google Maps location: https://www.google.de/maps/place/Detroit+River+Lighthouse/@42.0221583,-83.1542341,13157m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x883b17a06b2e116f:0xc0f09b00e975d5ec!8m2!3d42.0004134!4d-83.1404758 )

The lighthouse is build without a baseplate and without modularity, because the exact terrain around the lighthouse has not been determined yet. I hope you like the model.

As always, there is also a speedbuild video. Please have a look at it.
Otherwise, under the video again some pictures of the model are shown.

Detroit River Lighthouse on Lake Erie Michigan

At first a picture from the original building.

Detroit river lighthouse

The LEGO Lighthouse

lighthouse_2

Another view with the shed in front.

lighthouse_3

The whole model shown from the other side with the big door.

I hope you like the model. Let me know.

Looks great compared to the real thing although I think the solar panel is too dominant. Maybe go to a 1x2 instead. It would also really benefit from a grey base, even if just 2 plates high, to define the structure / location / sea area.

Nice rendition of the lighthouse. Maybe a bit too clean though. I will agree with MAB, a base would really help it.

Thanks for your ideas. I definitely will add a base for this lighthouse in the later city position. And I also add more details, when the exact position and sourrounding area is final.