Peppermint_M

Adventure Supplies: Parts from other themes for Adventurers!

@Jack Sassy Oh wow, thanks to you I just discovered that there are no less than three sizes of LEGO rubber drafts for our adventurers! :excited:
- A tiny one, 6x10 studs, available in a nice variety of colours in general but only in yellow tones from B&P (Design ID 75977)
- The small one, 6x12 studs and with more space inside, available in red and olive but awfully expensive on B&P (Design ID 78611)
- The huge one, 10x21 studs, available in many colours but only red and blue from B&P (Design ID 62812)

2 minutes ago, Aurore said:

@Jack Sassy Oh wow, thanks to you I just discovered that there are no less than three sizes of LEGO rubber drafts for our adventurers! :excited:
- A tiny one, 6x10 studs, available in a nice variety of colours in general but only in yellow tones from B&P (Design ID 75977)
- The small one, 6x12 studs and with more space inside, available in red and olive but awfully expensive on B&P (Design ID 78611)
- The huge one, 10x21 studs, available in many colours but only red and blue from B&P (Design ID 62812

Yer welcome! At the moment I only have one 6x12 rubber raft in dark bluish grey so that's that. I would say that I much prefer rowboat over these rubber rafts - it has more space and can be usable for both modern and historic settings. Still, rubber rafts are good, if anything then you can use a yellow one to recreate that one scene from Temple of Doom. :pir-thumb:

9 hours ago, Aurore said:

6368309.jpg The small one, previously only available in red: glad to see a more subdued colour! (available on B&P for the completely surrealistic price of 19€ - Element ID 6368309 for the millionaires among us)

The price is insane (no idea why it costs so much), but this new mould is great because it fits the 3x4 crate (design ID 30150).

We have that crate in black  again:

4144531.jpg

10 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Once the snow comes around in my region, I might take a few pictures with Johnny and Doc in these outfits outside.

I am looking forward to see these pics!

N.B.: How do I manage to hide the link in the pics? Can anybody give me a hint? Thanks in advance.

Edited by The Reader

The parts of the Amelia Earhart minifig from set 40450 are still available on B&P. She is a classic aviatrix.

gen152.png

Edited by The Reader

1 hour ago, The Reader said:

N.B.: How do I manage to hide the link in the pics? Can anybody give me a hint? Thanks in advance.

You mean so the picture opens the site it came from? Well, I just right clicked on the picture and copied image address (or something along the lines) and then pasted the link in here, it automatically sets it as a picture.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Well, I just right clicked on the picture and copied image address (or something along the lines) and then pasted the link in here, it automatically sets it as a picture.

Thanks. That is exactly what I do. But the pics I have inserted are "dead". You can't click on the pics I have inserted. The won't open the site they come from. But if you click on the pics which have been inserted e.g. by @Aurore you will get the link to the site they come from.

1 minute ago, The Reader said:

Thanks. That is exactly what I do. But the pics I have inserted are "dead". You can't click on the pics I have inserted. The won't open the site they come from. But if you click on the pics which have been inserted e.g. by @Aurore you will get the link to the site they come from.

What site are you trying to insert them from?

Just now, Jack Sassy said:

What site are you trying to insert them from?

BL or Brickset. I click on the picture on BL (right click), copy picture link and insert it here. This copies the pic from BL to here, but without a link to get back to BL.

973pb0291c01.png

Tried it in an interesting way, though it doesn't open in the site, it opens the picture in new tab.

7 minutes ago, The Reader said:

BL or Brickset. I click on the picture on BL (right click), copy picture link and insert it here. This copies the pic from BL to here, but without a link to get back to BL.

Copy the image here, then highlight it and in the ''link'' section add its address.

37 minutes ago, The Reader said:

There's probably an easier way of doing it, but as far as I'm concerned to share pictures of individual parts with a link to Brickset I directly write code following this pattern :

[url=https://brickset.com/parts/XXXXXXX][img=https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/element.img.lod5photo.192x192/XXXXXXX.jpg][/url]

where XXXXXXX is the Element ID.

The code itself can work with other links and pictures as well if you replace the address within the "url" tag with the address of the page where you'd like the link to lead, and the address within the "img" tags with the address of the image itself :

[url=ADDRESS OF THE PAGE][img=ADDRESS OF THE IMAGE][/url]

The tricky part is when pasting the addresses, as the forum post editor automatically interprets them as links or images. You may have to play with CTRL+Z and CTRL+RIGHT CLICK > "REMOVE LINK" to cancel this interpretation. As I said, there's probably an easier way of doing it! :grin:

Edited by Aurore
typo in the code!

2 hours ago, The Reader said:

Simple: once you’ve pasted the picture, just select it, hit the “link” button, and paste the url you want to link to. Done - no coding required! :laugh:

I'm not sure if it is me being old, the fact that I never stopped collecting or what.

But I have so very many of those little boats in so many colours! Not to mention the larger versions. Also rowboats, and canoes...

:laugh:

@Oky Oh, right, that's way easier. And @Jack Sassy said the same just above my post. Remembers me of a nice cartoon about a bunch of engineers ruining a simple tree swing by overcomplicating it. :grin:

Hrm.

Anyways.

I went through New Elementary's lists of new parts from december 2020 to june 2021, and all those ones screamed "Adventurers!" (and other ones too, but which had already been added to this topic) :

6332013.jpg Available from B&P, Element ID 6332013
6334226.jpg Not available from B&P
6327562.jpg Listed on B&P but (currently?) not available. The recent recolor from Bandmates Series 2 could be useful too.
6331737.jpg That sword is just gorgeous - Not available from B&P

6334605.jpg An adventurer can never have too many books - Available from B&P, Element ID 6334605
6317283.jpg An adventurer can never have too many maps either - Not available from B&P
6333212.jpg Field notes! - Not available from B&P

6323421.jpg To type your field notes! - Available from B&P, Element ID 6323421
6323420.jpg Available from B&P, Element ID 6323420
6322171.jpg Treasure! - Available from B&P, Element ID 6322171

6334575.jpg Classy lost temple decor - Available from B&P, Element ID 6334575

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

6327562.jpg Listed on B&P but (currently?) not available. The recent recolor from Bandmates Series 2 could be useful too.

Anything goes? Not really but remins me quite a bit of that musical performance in Club Obi Wan. :pir-devil:

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

6334605.jpg An adventurer can never have too many books - Available from B&P, Element ID 6334605

That reminds me of that book cover I really like, I believe it's from the Modular Bookshop, Moby Brick novel:

24093pb026.png

Completely forgot, the torso that's used for Obadiah Stane (earlier for those two Disney characters I forgot names for) is really something to consider using for Adventurers:

973pb3818c02.png

@Aurore , @Jack Sassy and @Oky : Thanks a lot. That helps. Very appreciated!

To this book

12 hours ago, Aurore said:

belongs this tile

6334606.jpg

This will make an ancient Chinese book ...

11 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

earlier for those two Disney characters I forgot names for

Chip and Chap from set 71044.

Edited by The Reader

These legs could be useful for a modern islander:

6334616.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't found a torso and a head in dark orange which would fit to an islander.

42 minutes ago, The Reader said:

Unfortunately I haven't found a torso and a head in dark orange which would fit to an islander.

Hmmmm...How about the torso and head of one of the Ugha warriors from the Indiana Jones theme? They're not very common on Bricklink, but can still be found.

iaj016.jpg

And while we're talking dark orange...There is also Pharah's head, from the Overwatch theme, that has a very nice Adventurers vibe with her Eye of Horus tattoo!

6253619.jpg

@Aurore Very good suggestions, especially that Overwatch head! I was actually just looking for parts which are currently available on B&P.

Edited by The Reader

The parts of all the adult minifigs from the Home Alone sets could be useful for Adventurers too, especially the head with the gold tooth! 
I hoped some of them would show up on B&P this morning, but sadly only Kevin's torso did. I fear the others will be quite expensive on BL. :cry_sad:

LEGO-Ideas-21330-minifigs.jpg

13 hours ago, Aurore said:

I hoped some of them would show up on B&P this morning, but sadly only Kevin's torso did. I fear the others will be quite expensive on BL. :cry_sad:

Unless they are included in more sets, then yes, they will be expensive. Best suggestion is to keep looking on B&P for them, if Kevin's torso is there, then others have to show up soon too.

I would like to think that there could be some use for Penguin's torso from next year in some Adventure. To me, it looks more like a torso for Carlito's Way but I also see it as a good oligarch villain torso too:

76181_web_lineup_nobg.jpg

(Speaking of which, have we ever got Al Pacino in Lego form?)

I know it's quite a long shot - but set 43202 Madrigal House might be used as a South American-stylish house for the Adventurers' Jungle-subtheme (perhaps you need to de-Disney-fy it a bit):

43202-1.jpg?202110200430

I think it's a great set anyway!

On 11/7/2021 at 9:52 PM, The Reader said:

I know it's quite a long shot - but set 43202 Madrigal House might be used as a South American-stylish house for the Adventurers' Jungle-subtheme (perhaps you need to de-Disney-fy it a bit):

43202-1.jpg?202110200430

You know, I've been toying with this idea of Johnny Thunder going to Caribbean and searching for Captain Redbeard's treasure. This building would fit well for Havana, if there was such a story ever to be told. :grin:

60297-1.png

This guy's head and hair look perfect for an Adventurer villain. I will be using it myself for just that!

22 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

60297-1.png

This guy's head and hair look perfect for an Adventurer villain. I will be using it myself for just that!

Yes, you're right. Especially his alternate face is great!