eldiano

[MOD] 31120 Medieval Castle

After ages for my Pick a Brick pieces to arrive here’s my first MOD to the Medieval Castle, I wanted to thank the prior members who did their mods before, mine’s similar but I there’s something different I wanted to do!

I love the size of the castle, it’s like a Black Falcon Stronghold that’s meant to host the king while he visits his kingdom! Since he was absent from this set I created him from scratch using ninjago and Harry Potter parts! 

Second important mod was the flags, I wanted the banner to be the same color as the roof rather than red since it throws it off, then I like a member stated before the roof tile work felt incomplete and just bought the missing tiles for the balcony and roof.

Lastly I hate empty rooms and used ideas from furniture previously used in older castle sets, like the Daughters private balcony, a writing room, a drawer room and a chair for the poor guard manning the gate.  

Lastly I hated the 1x1 round stud that just throwing the back wall off so I fixed it, not to mention the ladder to the tower and overall Boxes or crates laying around for scenery 😭😭

I do intend on purchasing a second set, I have ideas let’s just say, but I overall feel although this set is smaller than it’s previous counterparts, it’s packed with details worthy of a Reimagined Black Falcon Kingdom!!!

JlQQW64.jpg

AlQR7Lu.jpg

V4R8Crm.jpg

gl4v04h.jpg

V4R8Crm.jpg

CfhX3tG.jpg

UxrA8KF.jpg

Jq5dNDf.jpg

JmJ11iL.jpg

rTPtgJY.jpg

EXrL2Sh.jpg

Vnh42co.jpg

Rc8uj41.jpg

xUauC0v.jpg

BTu3585.jpg

If you see your work here, I want to thank you, I can’t remember all your names! 

Not a bad improvement, do like this one very much, especially that entrance to the house. Minifigures are very good too. Good job! :pir-thumb:

6 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Not a bad improvement, do like this one very much, especially that entrance to the house. Minifigures are very good too. Good job! :pir-thumb:

Thank you, it was my main motivation for this set in reality, I hated the fact that previous caste sets had arch doorways and then this set just a slap in the face rectangle door??? 

hahaha it was hard to do but do able!, I mean how are they going to focus so much detail on the “prison”, a toilet seat but not the entrance to the Throne room? Especially a legit throne room also!! Older sets just had a seat in a tower and called it a day, I’m sure I could possible fit some wall decor inside!!!

Well looks like my tower mod won’t happen anytime soon, mailman delivered my second order to the wrong house…

Looking good mate! 

What do you mean by "Lastly I hated the 1x1 round stud that just throwing the back wall off so I fixed it"? 

1 hour ago, jtooker said:

Nice subtle improvements

Thank you!! I was hoping to start modding one of the towers but typical USPS delivered my P&B envelope to the wrong house so now i have to wait 25 more days!! At least I got my main one delivered hehehe

1 hour ago, Wurger49 said:

Looking good mate! 

What do you mean by "Lastly I hated the 1x1 round stud that just throwing the back wall off so I fixed it"? 

Thank you mate!! I’m still thinking on how to do an alternate wall build but mirror it so it’s it could fit on the inside of this castle, once you told me the stairs would be on the outside I have been trying to solve that problem ever since hahaha I’m super OCD and like you and others in previous work have stated this set feels incomplete in some ways, once I built it the throne room side the grey piece didn’t make that much sense until you finally put it together and was like ohh that’s the back wall and feel like this was never designed in person and maybe different teams worked from home to make it work unless their intention was completely different I think!
noMSA0f.jpg

I was talking about this light grey 1x1 round brick below the 45 slopped wall extension, from the back it looked weird so I just swapped it with a 1x1 square dark grey to fix the synergy of the castle wall heheBTu3585.jpg

I plan on adding a light up brick to the blacksmith forge on the first floor since I got an extra one from 21325 Medieval Blacksmith set!

Edited by eldiano

10 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Nice mods and figure selection :thumbup:

Thank you!!! I have so many BF knights I had to mix them up and vary some styles