Sign in to follow this  
Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission#4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Also, since it may not have been clear, you are not confined to your seats.

Bers moves over towards Robby, attacking by taking a swing at him.

51263128802_d3d0ff0e38_t.jpg "This is the end, blood and guts receptacle!!"

ROUND 6

51544444551_bda150ba91_b.jpg

Upper Hand Role
Kirwin Piloting Proficiency Check: (5,5,6) Three Successes
The Bikers Piloting Proficiency Check: (2,2,3,5) One Success

Success: Attacks that miss Heroes do not have the potential to hit the Speeder

Merei Rallies Yissam (+2 Dice to Yissam’s next roll)
Bers attacks Robby (6,2 +1 Success) Two Successes vs. (3,4) One Success. One damage dealt.
Kirwin moves to E5, Rams Robby (1,1) Two Failures vs. (4,6) One Success. No damage, lobs grenade at G3 (3 Damage to Robby, 3 Damage to Cassdiy)
Yissam attacks Cassidy (3,4 +1 Success) Two Successes vs. (5) One Success. One Damage Dealt

OOG: Description of the round to be added in the morning when I'm not half asleep. Combat is not over, you have a round to recuperate before the next event takes place. :thumbup:

THE HEROES

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg
Merei Teo
Age 24 Female, Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Character Points: 1/11
Vitality: 5/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 0/3
Proficiencies: Occult 1, Religion 1, Coding 1, Insight 1
Known Spells: Healing Light, Solar Flare, Gravity Sink
Credits: 0
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)
Inventory: Æther Brew, Essence of Intellect

51260461662_82ed7809fe_t.jpg
Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points: 1 / 11
Vitality: 6 / 6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 1, Athletics 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour), AV Rig
Inventory: Shield Booster

hIJnvcns.jpg
Kirwin (karmajay) *DRIVER*
Character Points: 2/11
Vitality: 2/5
Velocity: 1
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Coding 1, Culture 1, Engineering 2, Explosives 1, Technology 2 
Equipment: Drone (Standard Long Range Elemental Weapon), Utility Belt
Inventory: Plasma Potion, Rusty Wrench (Standard Melee Kinetic Weapon)

51312754253_a894488f4d_t.jpg
Yissam♥ (CMP)
141-year-old feminine Stratitarian
Vitality: 5/5
Spirit: 2/3
Proficiencies:  Coding 1, Culture 2, Occult 1, Performance 1
Known Spells: Entropic Mending, Spirit Ally, Tongues
Credits: 10
Equipment: Prism Gauntlet (Standard long-range elemental weapon)
Inventory: Essence of Glibness, Essence of Intellect

Antony’s Haast Dragoon V4 Speeder
Vitality: 24 *The Vehicle is considered in good condition when it has hit points remaining*
Velocity: 3
Ram Attack: Three Dice

OoC: Was just waiting for a description of round, but I guess it doesn’t matter too much!

“That’s better,” says Merei with a sigh as she tries to drag Kidd to safety. “Hopefully I will have a moment of focus. Thank you, Kirwin. That was some very nice driving. I think we keep it going. Do we know where we’re going?” Merei attempts to meditate.

"Phew...well, they know how to make the fighting look real!"

Yissam♥ casts Entropic Mending (Momentary Inversal) on Kirwin once more, hoping it sticks this time. And that all the angles on her AV Rig are solid.

"What say we start bringing this thing back to our employer and see if that sausage bun vendor is still around, hmm?"

16 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Bers moves back into his seat.

"I wonder what happened to the sewnbag and Carvrac though."

"Oh, I doubt we'll ever see them again!"

OoC: Kirwin continues to drive the car. I don't think there is much else they can do without consumables, and I don't feel comfortable using those on their behalf.

OOC: Oh I was waiting for the after battle since it seemed we were still going to be in combat. 

Kirwin says "Yikes driving always looks a lot safer on the screen! Just so every one knows in the future it is NOT the safest position in a speeder!" Kirwin drinks their plasma potion.

MM Note: Work has been very busy. I haven't had a chance to update the mission tonight, but will have time tomorrow. Sorry folks, this should be the last delay on the mission. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

MM Note: Work has been very busy. I haven't had a chance to update the mission tonight, but will have time tomorrow. Sorry folks, this should be the last delay on the mission. :thumbup:

OOC: Don't worry about it Kintobor, heh I haven't had time to touch my Lego in weeks haha, I think the time of updates is perfectly fine.

ROUND 7

51556676700_37be232c6c_b.jpg

Merei Meditates (1) Failure! No Spirit restored
Bers moves to E5.
Kirwin uses a Plasma Potion (1) One Vitality restored.
Yissam♥ invokes Momentary Reversal on Kirwin (4) One Success. One vitality restored to Kirwin (One Vitality restored next round)

Carvrac joins combat!

The heroes take a moment to heal themselves and reposition, with Merei failing to meditate over the sound of traffic whizzing. Yissam♥ works on healing Kirwin while they drink a plasma potion. As they take a breather, a loud horn blares over the noise, sounding like a charging bull. Above them a shadow drops from the large truck above, the exact one Yissam♥ saw earlier at the warehouse. A well built, burly orc lands on the hood of the speeder with a loud thump, his rusting metal leg squeaking and squealing as he stands and draws his gun. He smiles a toothy grin.

51504242157_bc1ba49fbf_o.jpg

"It's gonna take more than some sneaky guttersnipe to stop me, and it's gonna take more than a group of thieves to rob me of this speeder and the briefcase that came with it! One last chance, greenhorns: give over the speeder's keys or you will witness Carvrac's fury!"

THE HEROES

Merei Teo
Equipment: Teo Family Pocket-Watch (Kinetic Weapon), Utility Belt (Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success)

Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour), AV Rig

hIJnvcns.jpg
Vitality: 4/5

Yissam♥ (CMP)
Spirit: 2/3

Vitality: 24 *The Vehicle is considered in good condition when it has hit points remaining*

THE ENEMIES

Carvrac
Vitality: 7/7 14/14
Strength: 2
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 2, Athletics 2, Piloting 2, Intimidation 2
Equipment: Thump-Gun (Standard Short Range Energy Weapon), Road Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour), Exo-Suit
Inventory: Plasma Potion, Shield Booster30 Credits
Passive: Adrenaline Rush- Carvrac begins combat having taken a Bulking Stim (Vitality doubled during turn taken)

Edited by Kintobor

"Hm. Good to see you are well, Carvrac. I was concerned the sewnbag would have done you in. All the same, I believe we are at odds." Merei defends Kirwin.

It doesn't look like you've updated Kirwin's health at all.

"...Thieves?!"

Yissam♥ grins menacingly.

"You have a lot of nerve for a two-bit chopshopper! Let's see if you're so smug when your fury drowns in our fame!"

Projecting another spatial rift in front of her, Yissam♥ attempts to invoke her Spirit Ally by summoning HYPE as a Lesser Familiar in square C6.

15 minutes ago, CMP said:

It doesn't look like you've updated Kirwin's health at all.

Fixed. :thumbup:

Kirwin says "Yikes, how'd this person find us?!" Kirwin performs defensive driving to try to make them miss their shots.

ROUND 8

51564441165_f5983125f5_b.jpg

Upper Hand Role
Kirwin’s Piloting Proficiency Check: (2,2,5) One Success
RKO’s Piloting Proficiency Check: (1,1,1,4,6) Two Successes

Failure: Attacks that miss Heroes have the potential to hit the Speeder

Merei Defends Kirwin (+2 defence dice)
Bers Defends Kirwin (+2 defence dice)
Kirwin uses Defensive Driving techniques (first defensive roll is a success)
Yissam♥ invokes Lesser Familiar (HYPE is Summoned for five rounds) (+1 Vitality to Kirwin)

Carvrac attacks Kirwin (1,3 +1 Success) One Success vs. (Auto Success, 1,3,4,4) Three Successes 0 damage dealt. SPEEDER DAMAGE (1,3 +1 Success) One Success vs. (2,3) Two Failures. One Damage dealt
HYPE Opportunity Attacks Carvrac (5 +1 Success) Two Success vs. (3,5) One Success. One Damage taken.

RKO and Gheyns join combat!
Carvrac’s Bulking Stim wears off!

The heroes come to Kirwin's defence as Carvrac levels his short range energy weapon at the adamite. The blast of the gun ripping through the windshield, but missing Kirwin due to the quick thinking of their friends. As Carvrac is distracted, Yissam♥ summons HYPE, the snarling, beastial being glitching into being as it takes the opportunity to swipe at Carvrac, a blow which lands but seems to do little due to the drugs the gang leader took earlier. Coming off the initial rush, Carvrac prepares for another volley until something catches his attention. Coming from the heroes' left, the sound of music competeting with their blasting beats collides with the speeder both metaphorically and physically as a beat up, older looking speeder collides with the new Haast model, forcing Carvrac and some of the heroes to brace as the collision rocks the sky blue speeder. Standing up from their seat and drawing their long, curved blade is a familiar, grinning face, a bevy of scars dotting their pasty-blue skin.

51368936529_53e1e6ea70_o.jpg
"Sup. Did you think I'd miss this party? RKO, keep the speeder steady, I want to hit them with my sword!"

51369205765_3de024f63d_o.jpg
"We're here for the *$%@ing briefcase, Gheyns, can we focus on that?" The hooded figure's speech was static-like and slightly gargled, although feminine in nature. Her cursing was censored, seemingly by some kind of mechanism in her mask. "I think this piece of &@#* speeder is not going to rental dealer in a condition they will approve and a bit of money would look good." Gheyns' shoulders slumps as she audibly groans in frustration.

"... ugh, fine! Briefcase first, then maybe we hit someone with the sword, as a treat."

"Oi! I thought I left you behind at the warehouse! Hands off, this is my speeder AND my briefcase! Those company secrets are mine to sell!" Carvrac points at Gheyns accusingly as they place a hand to their chest in fake outrage.

"Me? Steal from you? Never. I mean, is it really stealing if you loot it off a corpse?" Gheyns grins menacingly as they address the heroes next. "Now then, if you guys want to make room I'll just be taking that briefcase."

The battle contines!

THE HEROES

Merei Teo

hIJnvcns.jpg

Yissam♥ (CMP)
Spirit: 1/3

51399929175_44b1412021_t.jpg
HYPE
Vitality: 2
Velocity: 1
Skill: 1
Proficiency: Melee Weapons 1
Equipment: XXX (Standard Melee Weapon)

Vitality: 23 *The Vehicle is considered in good condition when it has hit points remaining*

THE ENEMIES

Carvrac
Vitality: 7/7
Strength: 2
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 2, Athletics 2, Piloting 2, Intimidation 2
Equipment: Thump-Gun (Standard Short Range Energy Weapon), Road Leathers (Standard Kinetic Armour), Exo-Suit
Inventory: Plasma Potion, Shield Booster, 30 Credits
Passive: Adrenaline Rush- Carvrac begins combat having taken a Bulking Stim (Vitality doubled during turn taken)

Gheyns
Vitality: 7/7
Proficiency: Melee Weapons 1, Arcana 2, Intimidation 2, Athletics 2
Spirit: 2
Known Spells: Warding Bond, Sonic Sweep
Equipment: Princess (Precision Kinetic Melee Weapon), Leather Body Armour (Standard Kinetic Armour)
Inventory: Plasma Potion, Energy Cell, 30 Credits
Passive: Ready For Combat- Gheyns begins combat with an Interposing Ward active (Armour bonus increased by 5 for the next attack).

RKO *Driver*
Vitality: 6/6
Skill: 3
Proficiency: Artillery Weapons 2, Explosives 2, Piloting 2, Arcana 2
Spirit: 2
Known Spells: Gain Entry, Elemental Evocation
Equipment: Customized Klondike Express (Precision Energy Artillery Weapon), Modified Bunker Elf Survival Suit (Standard Energy Armour)
Inventory: Plasma Potion, Middling Enveloping Smoke Grenade, Middling Enveloping Flash Grenade, 30 Credits

Edited by Kintobor

Bers reacts strongly the moment he spots the Sewnbag

51263128802_d3d0ff0e38_t.jpg "Gains is it? Duel me on your honor, or if you have none to spare.. then your life Sewnbag!"

Bers shouts as he jumps onto the speeder (E4) and takes a swing at Gheyns attacking with his CGS.

"I'm sorry, have we met before or something?" Gheyns asks, confused at Bers' proposal. She smiles. "I'm not really one to fight for honour or for my life, but I guess if you want some ultra-violence, I'll give you the ultra-"

"Can you focus on the $%*^ing job and grab the briefcase, Gheyns?" RKO shouts. Gheyns rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, sure, fine. You are such a killjoy sometimes, I swear."

GM Note: Just so it's clear, Gheyns needs to take an action to grab the briefcase in the back of the speeder to snag it. It is an item the rest of you can interact with. RKO can also make actions similar to Kirwin. I'll have RKO's speeder stats up later today when I'm not getting ready for work.

Kirwin whispers to Merei and Yissam "They are all after that briefcase. Maybe we can secretly empty it and toss it over the edge and they'll leave us alone!" Meanwhile they press the controls so the front of the speeder slightly shifts downward giving HYPE an edge in battle. Kirwin rallies HYPE.

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"I'm sorry, have we met before or something?" Gheyns asks, confused at Bers' proposal. She smiles. "I'm not really one to fight for honour or for my life, but I guess if you want some ultra-violence, I'll give you the ultra-"

"Can you focus on the $%*^ing job and grab the briefcase, Gheyns?" RKO shouts. Gheyns rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, sure, fine. You are such a killjoy sometimes, I swear."

GM Note: Just so it's clear, Gheyns needs to take an action to grab the briefcase in the back of the speeder to snag it. It is an item the rest of you can interact with. RKO can also make actions similar to Kirwin. I'll have RKO's speeder stats up later today when I'm not getting ready for work.

"Don't worry, let's have some fun sewnbag, because if you want the briefcase you'll have to go through me!"

Bers shouts out as he positions himself inbetween Gheyns and the briefcase.

OOC: I'm not sure which proficiency check could apply here but maybe Bers can distract Gheyns and RKO a bit to give another party member a chance to do something with the briefcase.

MM Note: So, Deception is the most obvious, skill, but if you’re trying to get Gheyns to focus on you, I’m open to creative solutions within reason. :classic: Doing so will count as the “Try Something” action instead of attacking Gheyns, just so you know. 

“If you want to dance, metal man, you’ll need to keep up with me.” Gheyns replies cheekily, levelling their sword in Bers direction. 

“Gheyns, focus on the @&$*ing job!” RKO shouts, shifting her focus between traffic and her battle thirsty friend.

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

“Gheyns, focus on the @&$*ing job!” RKO shouts, shifting her focus between traffic and her battle thirsty friend.

"Hey! HEY!! COOL IT ON THE CUSSING, YOU'RE ON CAMERA!!!"

Yissam♥ keeps her swearing internal as the second car pulls up to the Haast, but focuses on the wall of dubiously-real static between her and Cavrac.

"M'kay, bud, I hate to relegate you to windshield wiper, but you're the best shot we've got! BRING ON THE HYPE, HYPE!"

She Rallies HYPE. With a garbled, modulated roar, and a lot of encouragement, HYPE attacks, swinging one of its massive Static Claws at Cavrac.

OoC: Kirwin should be at full health thanks to Yissam! Can we have a better idea of what needs to be done for them to steal the briefcase? Do they need to be on our speeder, or can they do it from their's. Where is the briefcase right now? (E5, E6? Accessible from both?)

"Careful over there, Bers," says Merei as she pats him on the back. "Feel free to go all out. I'll keep you up." She drinks her Æther Brew.